PDA

View Full Version : Breaking It In Right

Punk'd
05-19-2004, 09:07 PM
Hey guys i will have my Trx450r soon and im wondering what the best way to brake it in is. Some people tell me ride it like you want to ride it, and others "Slow the first tank of gas" what is the right way? Thanks everyone!

05-19-2004, 09:37 PM
i rode up & down my dead end street for about 20 minutes blipping the throttle & going through all the gears....then I rode it through some trails going to half thottle & cracking it some....after the first tank I changed the oil & oil filter & the transmission fluiod to HP4 gear lube...then I changed the oil filter & oil again after the second tank of gas...ill change the oil now every 3-4 tanks & the oil filter every other oil change

**is it just me or does the 450r sound like its about to blow up when your going top speed....my old 400ex didnt seem to care to just floor it down in 5th gear & go on the roads but my 450r sounds like its going to rev forever & it scares me**???? :confused: :confused:

Punk'd
05-20-2004, 02:20 PM
Ok man thanks alot!

05-20-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Ok man thanks alot! no problem friend ;)

WOracing
05-20-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
**is it just me or does the 450r sound like its about to blow up when your going top speed....my old 400ex didnt seem to care to just floor it down in 5th gear & go on the roads but my 450r sounds like its going to rev forever & it scares me**???? :confused: :confused:

yes....mine does this to and i felt the same way....but it just revs higher than the ex. You dont have to be scared lol:)

05-20-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by WOracing
You dont have to be scared lol:) i still am though..i dont feel comfortable riding with it sounbding like its about to blow up even though it probably isnt

Punk'd
05-20-2004, 06:41 PM
i still am though..i dont feel comfortable riding with it sounbding like its about to blow up even though it probably isnt

Tell it to shut up!:mad: lol maybe you should call the dealer? idk im a idiot lol

Bretmd94
05-20-2004, 07:37 PM
i still am though..i dont feel comfortable riding with it sounbding like its about to blow up even though it probably isnt

Wait till you get exhaust. Before the exhaust i never thought about even finding the rev limiter. Now it hits the limiter so fast when i rev it, its scary. It might have a lower limit when the clutch is pulled in though. But i never remember hitting it with stock.

Stock i felt it sounded like a street bike more than a quad. I took it down the road (on pavement) I hit top speed screaming in 5th and I swear it sounded like a stock rc51.

05-20-2004, 08:08 PM
when you take the fenders off it looks like a little crotch rocket with 4 wheels & sounds like them too...its kinda funny

Punk'd
05-20-2004, 09:00 PM
when you take the fenders off it looks like a little crotch rocket with 4 wheels & sounds like them too...its kinda funny

lmao