PDA

View Full Version : Lets see who has the hottest motor yet. . .

Honda Jay
05-19-2004, 07:24 PM
State your setup and your bragging rights towards why you think yours is the fastest

I just have an HRC kitted 450R. . . (by no means the fastest out there)

Jay

Superfast450r
05-19-2004, 08:26 PM
Dont know what all it gots in engine mods but this thing looks bad
http://herrmannracing.com/images/450hondaracer.jpg

cooper505
05-19-2004, 08:33 PM
that thing is sick. i love those wheels.

cooper505
05-19-2004, 08:34 PM
lets see, i have a slip on we2 pipe, a k&n filter, 182 main jet and i moved the needle. wow, you better watch out for me!!

Chef
05-19-2004, 08:59 PM
Wiseco 12.5:1 500cc kit, Megacycle Mid-Top Cam, 2mm O/S Titanium Intake/Exhaust valves, Ti Springs and Retainers, Shortened and Larger Valve Guides, Knife-Edged and Polished IMS Rod, Polished Crank, Hinson Clutch Basket, Stiff Clutch Springs, American Dream Water Pump Cover, Polished Clutch Side Case, Magnesium Stator Cover, Mag Quick Change Cover, Braided Stainless Radiator Lines, Big Gun Exhaust, Custom Oil Cooler, Honda Red Arens Frame, Arens Radiator, Black Fullbore Plastic, Chrome RPM Steering Stem, Custom Made +3 1/2" Right Side A-Arms, +1" Left A-Arms, Chrome Spindle, Chrome Linkage, Chrome Calipers, Polished RPM Aluminum TT Swingarm, RPM Aluminum TT Axle, RPM Antifade Brake Hub, Galfer Wave Rotors, RPM Cyclone Front Hubs, Bullet Wheel Studs, Polished Stainless Bolts, 4-1 HiPers With Red Rings, 10x9 Rears, Brembo Front Brake Master Cylinder, Magura Hydraulic Clutch, FMF 909 Bars, Black Seat Cover with Red Tribal Flames.

Should do "ok"...

lukester720
05-19-2004, 10:19 PM
Damn Chef! I doubt anyone has that beat, especially this early on. How much was the megacycle cam and where did you get it, I think megacycle are the best cams made IMO.

shamisc
05-19-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by lukester720
Damn Chef! I doubt anyone has that beat, especially this early on. How much was the megacycle cam and where did you get it, I think megacycle are the best cams made IMO.

I think Chef is referring to his EX not an R.;)

29FTEX
05-20-2004, 12:18 AM
Finally, after riding a friend of mine's modded 450R, I've got a JE 13.8:1 piston, HRC cam, Sparks exhaust, Sparks air filter, HRC needle. Running 113 octane VP Late Model Plus. Still playing with the gearing to see what I like. Right now, I'm running a 14/39. I still have the 185 HRC main jet, 48 pilot (2 ½ turns out) and it seems perfect. Starts up easy. Waiting on a Sparks plug and play CDI. I don't want to mess with finding the right power curve on the Vortec CDI... let them figure it out. I would like to get a port and polish as well.

Throttle response is awesome, as to be expected with high compression and race fuel. No hesitation from idle to WFO. Revs out quick with tons of grunt everywhere. If you have a hard time with the front end staying down with a 13 tooth front sproket, don't bother getting a piston!!! :D Haven't raced anyone yet, but the weekend is nearing!!!

PEPwalshZ440
05-20-2004, 03:53 PM
TC full exhaust system, airbox lid off, JRD airbox setup with clamp and K&N filter 400ex style.

Honda Jay
05-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by 29FTEX
Finally, after riding a friend of mine's modded 450R, I've got a JE 13.8:1 piston, HRC cam, Sparks exhaust, Sparks air filter, HRC needle. Running 113 octane VP Late Model Plus. Still playing with the gearing to see what I like. Right now, I'm running a 14/39. I still have the 185 HRC main jet, 48 pilot (2 ½ turns out) and it seems perfect. Starts up easy. Waiting on a Sparks plug and play CDI. I don't want to mess with finding the right power curve on the Vortec CDI... let them figure it out. I would like to get a port and polish as well.

Throttle response is awesome, as to be expected with high compression and race fuel. No hesitation from idle to WFO. Revs out quick with tons of grunt everywhere. If you have a hard time with the front end staying down with a 13 tooth front sproket, don't bother getting a piston!!! :D Haven't raced anyone yet, but the weekend is nearing!!!
Sweet, how do you like the setup, and is it running like it should unlike everyone else with the 13.8:1? Thanks. . .

4fiddyR
05-20-2004, 07:45 PM
I got a Graphics kit on mine, and that makes a lot of HP!!! LOL
Stickers = FAST!

My mods are listed in my sig, not the best thing out there, but I'm proud of it.

EvilJester400EX
05-20-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by shamisc

That's his CRF engine he was talking about.

29FTEX
05-20-2004, 08:01 PM
I haven't noticed any drop in power on top end like I've read about. It pulls hard all the way around. I'm thinking of trying a 182 main this weekend. I definitely need a rev box with power curve change. It revs out very quick.

The only thing I could say that I don't like is waiting for the piston to come up to temperature. Once it does, it will swell a little, allowing for a better scrape from the rings. If you stab the throttle right after start up, you can smell it buring a little oil. After it warms up, you can only smell that sweet smell of burning race fuel.

Hope this helps.

Chef
05-20-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by shamisc

No, that's my CRF engine. My EX is a 465, and more compression. The valves are bigger, too. :macho

Bobbs07
05-21-2004, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Chef
No, that's my CRF engine. My EX is a 465, and more compression. The valves are bigger, too. :macho

Which is faster between the two?

redrider410
05-21-2004, 07:33 AM
yo chef

is there a site or some pics that i can see what the tribal flames look like???

4fiddyR
05-21-2004, 11:54 AM
I'll take a wild and crazy guess, his CRF is faster!

ranger400ex
05-21-2004, 12:02 PM
Diamond Racing 450 Cdale
Reangled injectors, cam, port/polish,valve job, high flow injectors,carillo rod, HMF exhaust, custom map from Scooter @ optimum.

Putting out at least the 50hp at the rear, no joke,....similar motor w/ less done dynoed over 45, and everyone who has rode it swears this puts out more power. gonna get on a dyno soon, if I can get Laz to get the high flow radiatior done. just needs a good rider!!

BMW

SandDuner
05-21-2004, 03:17 PM
hey 26ftex how do u like your piston was there a huge difference with it i want to get on from sparks it is a 13:8:1 Just like yours but i dont know if i should spend my money on a HMF exhaust or that piston??
any help appreciated thanx:p :D :blah:

300EX_HMF
05-21-2004, 06:20 PM
Banshee..
404 big bore kit from vetos installed by profab atv, port and polished, shaved heads, pro design cool head, 35mm dual carbs, v-force reeds, toomey pipes, k&n filter, hot rod crankshafts, this thing will screammmm!! and yeah it will come up in 6th gear even with its 3 inch extension

29FTEX
05-21-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by SandDuner
hey 26ftex how do u like your piston was there a huge difference with it i want to get on from sparks it is a 13:8:1 Just like yours but i dont know if i should spend my money on a HMF exhaust or that piston??
any help appreciated thanx:p :D :blah:

You should definitely get an exhaust before or at the same time you do motor work. It's got to be able to breathe!!!

The piston made a very noticeable difference (IMO), which is great because it's still the stock bore. If you don't like it, you can always put the stock one back in.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

TCracin440ex
05-21-2004, 11:22 PM
with that 13:1 piston i think if im correct you will have to change the rod too....so the piston is going to cost you more in the long run...cuz u gotta buy a heavy duty rod, and have some 1 install it for you and then true it up

SandDuner
05-21-2004, 11:26 PM
Ok thanx guys do u think the HMF exhaust is a good idea?
I just want the slip on for now until i get enough money saved up!! :(
Do u guys think there is any better exhaust than that from what i have heard it seems pretty good :devil: :D

Rebelrider4OOex
05-22-2004, 08:14 AM
hey chef y 2 different size a arms?

Got nads?
05-22-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by cooper505
lets see, i have a slip on we2 pipe, a k&n filter, 182 main jet and i moved the needle. wow, you better watch out for me!!

How do you like the pipe?

Chef
05-22-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Rebelrider4OOex
hey chef y 2 different size a arms?

Because we turn left, and left only...the offset helps alot.

dirtmomma
05-22-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Because we turn left, and left only...the offset helps alot.

GOOD IDEA Chef ;);) that thing sounds like it's a screamer hope I get to see it sometime :) Are you running those for TT though??? Have you ran any races w/ this yet & if so how'd ya do & where at??

Chef
05-22-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
GOOD IDEA Chef ;);) that thing sounds like it's a screamer hope I get to see it sometime :) Are you running those for TT though??? Have you ran any races w/ this yet & if so how'd ya do & where at??

No, you cant run those for the TT. The right handers would realy screw ya up lol. Nope, no races on the CRF yet, hoping for memorial weekend.

K_Fulk
05-22-2004, 03:31 PM
Is your axle offset to the one side or do you narrow it on one and wide on the other.

Chef
05-22-2004, 06:34 PM
Have the left rear all the way in, and the right side all the way out.