PDA

View Full Version : quad stolen

03-20-2002, 07:15 PM
hello everyone , looks like my riding days are over. 400 got stolen from my garage this morning while sleeping. well mine and my brothers. they actually pushed my pickup away from my garage. no insurance and home owner insurance doesnt cover it. looks like im gonna eat my loan. if any one has any suggestions let me know. looked forward to looking at the forum everyday. dan

2qk4u
03-20-2002, 10:50 PM
Man i'm really sorry to here that. afriend of mines 250r got stolen in WV about a 1 1/2 months ago. it didnt even have any tires on it. hope you find the a_ _ hole who took it.

beerock
03-20-2002, 11:28 PM
mother ****** sons of *****

im sick of this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

you **** *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

d@mn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

honda350r
03-21-2002, 12:01 AM
Nicely said! Haven't seen you around latley Beerock?????

beerock
03-21-2002, 12:29 AM
ya I know JIM, my bike is in pieces right now, I hang out over here and at my forum, I havent been by trx250r forum lately.

havent seen anything interesting, you guys are a bit harsh on me too

I like it here ;)ill stop by trx now......

yellowrider
03-21-2002, 04:15 AM
that sucks really bad we got some people that just got out of jail for stealing and they have been looking at us funny while going down the road on my 4 wheeler..

one day he wsa driving on my road and i was now closing the door to the shed and (you know how you make sure it is lock by twisting the knob to make sure it wont open) well that whole time we made eye contact

if my fourwheeler ends up gone well .. i be a mad mofo but also a good mofo cause i be getting 7 grand...

but i still be one mad mucker and when i seen him i make sure i have so people there with me if you know what i mean . i hate people that steals GET A DA[]v[]N JOB!!!!!

yellowrider
03-21-2002, 04:19 AM
IF I WQAS YOU I WOULD BE DRIVING AROUND I BE TALKING TO POLICE I WOULD NOT LET THIS GO DONE TO EASY I BE GETTING ON EVERYONE CASE.. I JUST REALIZED HOW BAD IT WOULD SUCK FOR SOMEONE TO STEAL MY 4 WHEELER..
what was it a 400ex?? darn man umm just call around talk to y our friends the may no something or somebody saling one really cheap or something..

i hope you get lucky and get your bike man !!! there is no reason why anybody should get there 4 wheeler stolen!! this sucks so bad .. this is really geting under my skin i better go now and just lay down and wait for the school bus to blow the horn at me and then get up and go to school ..

redzoomer
03-21-2002, 05:10 AM
Dude you can do what you want, but if it's like it is here between the sorry *****es and the crack-heads the police already have there hands ful! You need to start checking pawn shops Atv shops, any where that may buy a quad for cheap. Those cats will sell it for the price of a rock! Why not, they don't have anything invested in it. Not to dis all M/C and Quad dealers but if some get a good deal and they think it is hot they will Lie to you and the police! I've seen that first hand. They say "nope haven't bought any used quads in a while" But find out later that your machine is sitting in the back with the plastic taken off!
As Bad as it is, people will steal you blind! and act like it is nothing! Good luck on Finding your Quad, brother...But don't give up the hunt! Everytime you make a Payment on that loan just think of somewhere else to look!

RideRed400StYlE
03-21-2002, 05:55 AM
That really blows dude. Its hard to believe homeowners wouldnt cover that. I am guessin you didnt have the quad insured either. well.. I would go file a police report, If you have your VIN # give it to the police. at least then if they catch someone on it for bein on the roads or anything, then tehy will know its urs.
its been getting really bad around here latly with quads gettin stolen. I have been lockin mine down really good lately. Best thing to do is chain it up to a pole, or whatever is near it, or even put some kind of sensor near the quad so it will alarm if anthing moves near it overnight or whatever. Good luck man

Texan32
03-21-2002, 06:16 AM
Many years back, he bought (legally) a used 300. Well, he rode it for a couple of years. He modded it crazy like and was racing with it too. Well, one day he went to a local race. There was a guy that came up to him, looked at the frame tag and then called the cops. It turned out that years back, that was his quad and was stolen from him. Apparently, ever since it was taken, the guy carried a copy of the vin and engine # in his wallet and he would check EVERY 300 he came across. It took time, but the guy got his quad back. And my buddy, there wasn't doo doo he could do about it, except wave bye bye to his ride. The cops took it right then and there.

So, i would do the same thing. I know there a bunhs of 400's out there, but hey, what do you have to loose.

Just an idea/though. Really sorry to hear about your ride.

spincr4hire
03-21-2002, 07:10 AM
Thats why I pay an extra $18 per month for theft and damage insurance. My neighborhood is full of shadey looking characters...

CranMan
03-21-2002, 07:10 AM
Man that sucks. I'd have a hard time paying anymore on that loan. They'd have to mess up my credit. Pay on it for another month or two, get another quad while your credit's ok, then call the place that you owe for the first loan and explain the situation. Thay CAN write off some loans. As for insurance, I kept after my State Farm agent until he gave me a fire/theft policy for about $100 a year.

03-21-2002, 07:47 AM
all i can say everyone is get insurance on these things. it really pays off. i wish i had. im gonna make up flyers this weekend and take them around the neiborhood. yes it was a 2001 yellow 400ex. it just sucks that i cant afford to pay for 2 loans. thanks everyone. dan

Kadafiy
03-21-2002, 07:59 AM
I pay about 170 a year for liabilty, theft, and fire and it is well worth it!!! My friend's Banshee was stolen right from his back yard in Cleveland, but luckly he found it. For some reason the thieves ditched it in someone's back yard and when they were searching the neighborhood they found it. So search your neighborhood and ask around. Plus offer a reward that will open some people's eyes and mouths. Do you have any mods or anything to recognize the bike by,I'm not too far from Youngstown and could keep my eyes open if I know what to look for.

03-21-2002, 08:04 AM
i just put on a new ac bumper and it has plack hanguards and black skid plates and a-arm guards. i was just gonna get a new pipe and knn for it . thanks dan

ChadEXer
03-21-2002, 08:29 AM
Man I have a homeowners policy that is differnt from the main homeowners. it covers the stuff inside the house or something. im not sure what it is I would have to ask my wife but anyway we pay $160 a year,,,thats right a year, and it covers my quad if its stolen. I didnt believe it at first but my wife had ME call them and they said it will after a $1000 deductible. Thats better than nothin at all!! my sister tried to get insurance froim her company on her quad and they said she would have to take out a policy just like its a car and would be like $112 a month:( Anyway,,have you reported it stolen?? I had a friend who had the same thing happen and he didnt have homeowners so he went to WalMart and called the police and told them it was stolen out of the back of his truck. After a $500 deductible his auto insurance bought him a new quad!!!

03-21-2002, 08:35 AM
yes i reported it stolen and had the cops over. there supposed to be coming over today to take finger prints in the garage. i did have homeowners insurance. dan

Blysster
03-21-2002, 08:51 AM
Friend of mine got his sled (snowmobile) stolen a while back and he didn't have insurance on it. He had homeowner insurance but they wouldn't cover it because the garage door was opened.

They would only have covered it if the door was closed AND locked...

if you ask me the insurance company are just as much of thieves as the people who stole the machine.

RoostinOna400ex
03-21-2002, 09:07 AM
Is the quad the only thing they stole?? If so they new that you had a quad thats why thats the only thing they stole...so you sit down and think hmmmmmmmmm who are the only people that know I have a quad?? Then spontaneously you take a visit to a different persons house and say man I broke this socket you think you can help me out and let me borrow the same size (make sure you get in the house first so they cant really refuse) if they act funny and are like no man i dont have tools , which is bull S#*T, then you keep an eye on them and hopefully and hopefully you get lucky!! I doubt this will work but I would try it!!

rrider7399
03-21-2002, 10:59 AM
There is a web sight dedicated to stolen ATV's. It is free to post an ad.
http://www.stolenatv.com

Good luck

redzoomer
03-21-2002, 12:58 PM
Hey Dude don't pay any attention to CranMan he's nuts anyway. I wouldn't go belly up on a loan. That S#*@ will follow you for a long time. I know its tough but you really should've had it insured.

Kadafiy
03-21-2002, 01:02 PM
Definetly pay out the loan. The bank doesn't care what happened all they want is their money.

redzoomer
03-21-2002, 01:13 PM
Thank You My Brother!!!

phatswinn
03-21-2002, 02:24 PM
check all ur buds houses that live around you! 90% of burglerys are made be people you know, or crackheads in need for money and they dont go far either if i were you id walk the neiborhood and check every yard and garage thell understand y ur lookin, i just put a 3 foot anchor hooked up to a 3/8 inch chain with some huge master lock for my quad after i herd bill ballences quad was gone, specially cuz thers allotta people that eye my weeler everytime i go riding and cuz i broke my arm and wont be riding, i really hate to hear some @$$hole would go into someones garage and just take the $4000 quad u put so much time and money into like that. man if someone ever took my quad id makem wish they didnt...... i really hope ya find it, if you have a pic post it so everyone can see what it looks like and keep an eye out for it

good luck to ya

A4StrokeGuy
03-21-2002, 03:12 PM
I've owned 2 quads and i've insured both of them. We were getting screwed from our regular insurance company so we called that Progressive Insurance Co., they have a whole policy for ATV's, theft, damage, and liabilty so if i run u over u can't sue me plus for a little more they will insure all your mods, so if something happens u can buy all the mods. We have 4 quads in our family so we get a discount but for a whole year its 278 for my 400. So if i wreck it they pay to fix it and everything. I hate to have to pay in case someone is low enough to steal my quad but u just have to. Hope this helps someone out.

Jordan

250EXChik29
03-21-2002, 03:32 PM
So sorry to hear about your bike Dan. I know I would be heartbroken! I have only had my 250EX for about a month and I would be all too upset.
After reading that yours was taken.. I called my hubby and asked him if he still wanted to get insurance on ours.. we had been thinking about it anyway.. but after reading what happened to you.. I called our insurance company. I was EXTREMELY surprised to find how cheap the insurance is.
With our USAA auto insurance (www.usaa.com) we pay for BOTH of our brand new bikes $200 a year and thats with a $50 deductible! Now that is just for theft but thats all we really wanted. I feel more comfortable knowing that they are protected from *********s who have nothing better to do than to steal bikes from other people!
Dan, if you get another bike.. you should DEFINTELY look into getting insurance- even if it is just theft.
Hopefully we will never have to use ours...
Just wanted to give some info to everyone out there..

03-21-2002, 03:44 PM
yea, mine got stolen, i dout its commin back, and i had 200$ worth aparts on it commin in, but they fit on the r, so o well. landmines will fix any probs wit burglury, put a sign that says "attention, landmines will blow u to sh*t is u enter the are."

Kadafiy
03-21-2002, 04:11 PM
Progressive quoted me at over 1000 a year!!!! Needless to say I didn't go with them or get 3 quotes from their competitors. Maybe it's so high because I'm younger.

A4StrokeGuy
03-21-2002, 05:42 PM
My progressive policy is under my parents name with the rest of our quads. My quad is in my name but just under there policy, i imagine this would make it cheaper, i'm 17 and it would probably go up if they put me as primary rider instead of occasional rider like it is now.

jordan

03-22-2002, 12:54 PM
UPDATE: they took mine and my brotheres. my brothers was found this morning at a school. they hit the door and set the alarm off and left it. he had to pay $120 to get it from the towing company. theres a kid who knows a kid who knows who took them and where there at but hes not talkin and we dont know who he is. were even trying to gt a hold of this kid to offer him $500 dollars for info. we still think its around my neiborhood. but havent seen anything. were looking constantly. dan

Kadafiy
03-22-2002, 09:40 PM
If you're nice to him and offer him money and he still won't tell you, beat him till he does. Either way you get your info. and hopefully your quad. Good luck, and if you get it back go right to your insurance agent!!!

2qk4u
03-22-2002, 10:20 PM
as of today my atv's have full coverage insurance. Its gonna cost me $200 every 6 months for both quads. not to bad i guess. good luck in finding the a_ _ hole who took yours.

03-22-2002, 10:25 PM
mr new r is gunna be insured definitly.

redzoomer
03-23-2002, 05:29 AM
Man U know that really sux. You have to offer a little deliquent money to give you information!!! I guess if it were a perfect world it would be too boring. If that kids parents had any responsibility about them they would beat that kid till he talked! But most of the time if the kid is that wild the parent doesn't care what they do anyway! Well anyway Dan it sound like you may be on to something solid, I hope you Kick this in the *****... and get that beloved machine back! Mine is insured, but I would really hate for it to get gone! Good Luck!!

DiceMan400
03-23-2002, 02:24 PM
That really F-ing burns me up every time I hear that a quad has been lifted....... I feel for your loss bro..... Hope you find the
D!CKBAG that stole it....... If you do give him a shot in the eye for me........ Oh next time get insurance......... It is cheap and worth every penny........ I also keep mine locked up in a van in my garage with 2 cripto locks on it plus insurance just incase....... Oh and the 9mm helps to.........

honda400exrider
03-23-2002, 05:42 PM
YEEEEAAAAAAHHH FREAKING THEIVES ARE SO GAY!!!!!!!
MY bro bou a brand new 400ex and it got stolen. insurance payed 5g's for it but it was practically new. well then after having cops, and whatnot come to our house they finally found out who it was. (one of the polish kids involved fessed up) we never got the bike back but bought twop new ones, one for him and one for me. good luck and as the other dude said, keep luking and good luck! lata;)

03-23-2002, 05:56 PM
im still sayin landmines would work, in movies they worked