PDA

View Full Version : goin fast downhills

pa_countryboy
05-19-2004, 11:22 AM
Some of the places I run have some real steep rocky rutted downhills and I'm losin a ton of time on them. Does anyone have any tips on how to get down them quicker while still havin control to stop or make the little turns that are on some of them.
Thanks

cliq20
05-19-2004, 12:35 PM
yeah, try to stay off the rear brake and let your gears slow you down. move your butt to the rear and use the front brakes mostly. but not too hard, that can be ugly. it's really harder on the utilities. kinda like going down a snow covered hill and shifting down to a lower gear. let the engine bring you down and if you really need it, tap the rear brakes. if you hit them hard all you'll do is lock up and lose control. hope this helps...

JRDrider22
05-19-2004, 01:27 PM
lean back and pull up slighty. you'll float across everything...works in mx on whoops too

MotoXC33
05-25-2004, 05:20 PM
I agree.... never lock up your rear tires. It just puts you outta control and leaves the down hill lookin like a mini whoop section from where rear tires hop. I use my gears and front brakes, if I need to straighten my bike up I just tap the throttle to line it back up.

NTPRacing#19
05-28-2004, 05:42 PM
find a smoother line and keep all 4 on the ground, you dont get anytraction if they are skiding or in the air