PDA

View Full Version : Paul Koontz Harescramble in Summersville, WV

Motoman440
05-19-2004, 06:10 AM
Anyone racing this coming Saturday in Summersville, WV??? It's the Paul Koontz Off-Road Harescramble series at the Good Evening Ranch. I'm headin up that way and just checkin to see if anyone else is.

05-19-2004, 07:16 AM
As of right now I plan on making it. What time does the quad race start?

Motoman440
05-19-2004, 09:16 AM
http://www.koontzadventures.com/Race_Times.htm

This link will give you the details but gates open at 8:00 am, registration at 10:00 am, riders meeting at 11:00 am and the race starts at 11:30 am. Adult quad race is only 1.5 hours. What kinda truck/trailer will you have? Trying to get Taco to go but he's unsure at this point.

05-19-2004, 10:12 AM
not sure what I am taking. it will be either a red chevy 2500HD with 28' white trailer or just a white 2500 chevy fowr door. wither way my quad is white YFZ with quadshop graphics! Wake Taco's lazy butt up and get him there.

Pappy
05-19-2004, 10:14 AM
i should be rolling in around dark. look for the big white trailer with The Quadshop all over the side of it!

Motoman440
05-19-2004, 10:38 AM
Sounds good fellas!!! I'll do my best to get the Taco fellar there!!! I'm actually stayin over at my camp in Carnifax Ferry. Mohawk Campground is the name which is about 7 or 8 miles from The Good Evening Ranch. I'll come over Friday evening and try to find both of you. I'll be driving my red Chevy 2500 HD. See ya'll on Friday!!!

BSTURDIVANT
05-19-2004, 08:10 PM
I'll be there sat. mornin on the ol' trusty 440ex!!:mad:

05-19-2004, 08:44 PM
I didn't think either one of you guys had anything under 500ccs
I'll be there sat. mornin on the ol' trusty 440ex!!

Gncc561
05-19-2004, 09:17 PM
Should be there in gray f250 with White yfz

Motoman440
05-25-2004, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by BSTURDIVANT
I'll be there sat. mornin on the ol' trusty 440ex!!:mad:

Nice job on Saturday BSTURDIVANT!!! You are one fast rider!!! Even whippin-up on the pro's!!! Keep up the good work.

05-25-2004, 08:08 AM
motoman how did you do? I burnt up my clutches on the first lap trying to go around a bottle neck!

Motoman440
05-25-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by GNCCer
motoman how did you do? I burnt up my clutches on the first lap trying to go around a bottle neck!

Let me guess, the bottleneck on the first nasty hillclimb where you could take the alternate line on the right going up??? I got stuck there but finally made it through. I didn't do very good (5th in my class - C 30 plus) but I did finish. Got stuck in another cluster on the last lap for 10 minutes or more otherwise I would have done alot better. Was that you standing at the first bottleneck hillclimb showin riders the easy line to take???

05-25-2004, 08:56 AM
yeah that was me. If my clutch would have held up I would have went from about 15 to 4th on that bottleneck. Oh well it was fun I guess.

Motoman440
05-25-2004, 09:02 AM
Funny thing is another buddy of mine was like "yeah I passed Santo on that hill climb but then five minutes later he came blowin by me"!!! LOL!!! That was his five minutes of glory I guess. Seemed like it was a rough track though. Better luck next time.

Pappy
05-25-2004, 09:03 AM
sorry we didnt make it:( damn in-laws called late friday night and paid us a surprise 2 day visit:mad:

MotoXC33
05-25-2004, 05:12 PM
Felt pretty cool leadin Santo for about 3/4's of a lap with a 426ex. It didn't take him too long to catch me though. I3 finished 3rd in 4 Stroke B and 17th overall. My buddy Zac Phillips finished 4th overall and my motor builder Josh Pyle finished 5th. Santo finished 6th. I had a lot of fun that race. My bike didn't run right the first straight I got passed by 5 guys in my line, then I got stuck on the first off camber and about 8 more passed me but I guess they got stuck somewhere along the course cause I ran 3rd the whole race. I ran the brand new MX track in Summersville the next day. It was awesome. Me and only two other quads hit the down hill double. It was pretty awesome. Hope to see you at the next Summersville race Motoman... I put a race printout on your truck I couldn't find you to give it to ya

Motoman440
05-25-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by MotoXC33
Felt pretty cool leadin Santo for about 3/4's of a lap with a 426ex. It didn't take him too long to catch me though. I3 finished 3rd in 4 Stroke B and 17th overall. My buddy Zac Phillips finished 4th overall and my motor builder Josh Pyle finished 5th. Santo finished 6th. I had a lot of fun that race. My bike didn't run right the first straight I got passed by 5 guys in my line, then I got stuck on the first off camber and about 8 more passed me but I guess they got stuck somewhere along the course cause I ran 3rd the whole race. I ran the brand new MX track in Summersville the next day. It was awesome. Me and only two other quads hit the down hill double. It was pretty awesome. Hope to see you at the next Summersville race Motoman... I put a race printout on your truck I couldn't find you to give it to ya

I will be there. Is he having anymore in Summersville?? I did not see anymore Summersville races for this year. You ran a great race whether the bike ran good or not!!! IMO those two hillclimb sections were a ******!!! I'll see ya at Timberline, hopefully.

Chino
05-26-2004, 03:14 PM
Motoman, I tried giving u a call a few times, Sunday night, i've been a week without the puter, i wanted to see how u did. I've sent my money in, for the Timberline race. You better be there, ill be @ timberline thursday, friday, saturday, and part of the day on sunday. See you soon Beeiotchhh...~

Motoman440
05-27-2004, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by Chino
Motoman, I tried giving u a call a few times, Sunday night, i've been a week without the puter, i wanted to see how u did. I've sent my money in, for the Timberline race. You better be there, ill be @ timberline thursday, friday, saturday, and part of the day on sunday. See you soon Beeiotchhh...~

I'm workin towards that!!! Moving into my new house this weekend and through next week and should be settled by June 19th. I'll be bringing the boss to Timberline as well. LOL!!! I didn't do very good at Summersville but got caught up in two different bottlenecks. I'll see ya soon.

Chino
05-27-2004, 08:10 AM
Bringin the boss :confused: you mean the ol lady, if so hope she's a MILF :devil:

Motoman440
05-27-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Chino
Bringin the boss :confused: you mean the ol lady, if so hope she's a MILF :devil:

LOL!!! IMO she might be. ;) Where are you staying??? If I go I think we are gonna rent a house there in Timberline for the weekend that will definitly have a hot tub on the deck. Timberline is my old skiing stompin ground. Been going up there since back in the 80's!!! Nice area!!!

Chino
05-27-2004, 12:46 PM
dude, i will be staying with several buddies @ timberline on there lodging from that thursday after noon till sunday afaternoon. I belive it's the first house on the right above the lodge, is a 6 bedroomer, i just got in on the tail end of it, so i'll prolly be sleepin on a couch, but heck it was almost free for me to go. pm me ur cellular number. we have to hit up the bar on fri night before the race:devil: Got n e Vodka :confused: