PDA

View Full Version : Dont Buy A Carbon Fiber Gytr Pipe

skrib21
05-18-2004, 09:10 PM
Dont buy for any money a gytr carbon fiber pipe. I bought one 2 months ago had it for on for maybe 20 hours the carbon fiber cant take the heat It started to burn up and became very brittle .I talked to bob at mangolia tractor apparently you have to repack this pipe every 20 hour of use or the heat burns up the carbon fiber .wtf no one told me about this when I bought it and know they wont warranty it . I guess the titanium is the same way yamaha needs to get there &^%$ together and fix there junk pipes, repacking after 20 hours Id be tearing that thing apart ever other weekend what a joke.:grr: :grr: :grr: :mad:

Syrus
05-19-2004, 05:54 AM
thats a pain in the ***..

400EXracer74
05-26-2004, 08:13 PM
i hate them for a different reason my friend bottomed out his yfz with one of those pipes and the pipe snapped in half at least if that happened with a metal pipe you could bend the dent out+

EvilJester400EX
05-26-2004, 09:07 PM
I don't like my GYTR aluminum pipe. :grr: lol.

Ironman13
05-26-2004, 09:39 PM
I had the same thing happen with my Carbon Fiber pipe but i sent it back and they gave me an aluminum one and i haven't had any problems accept for that spark arrestor keeps blowing out :confused:

RUTHLESS
06-01-2004, 12:40 PM
I HAVE THE FULL GYTR ALUMINUM SYSTEM, BEFORE I INSTALLED IT I REMOVED THE ARRESTOR SCREEN, ASSEMBLED THE SYSTEM, HAD A LOCAL SHOP REJET AND I LOVE IT. UNLESS YOU ARE DOUG GUST THIS PIPE CAN RUN WITH ALL THE OTHERS. THIS IS THE BEST SYSTEM FOR THE MONEY PERIOD.