PDA

View Full Version : gt thunder brake plate

SRH
05-18-2004, 08:59 PM
hey how many guys run this setupd and anyone got any pics, i think im buying one for my yfz, since i use all r components

the bracket for the crf 450 front caliper that is...

protraxrptr17
05-18-2004, 10:09 PM
I bought a rear master cylinder and front caliper off ebay last week. The master cylinder looks like it would be super easy to mount up on my Raptor. Your YFZ has the same MC as my Raptor, so you might want to check it out. It looks like all you have to do is drill the threads out of the CRF MC and bolt it on. I'm gonna be mounting it up this weekend so if you want some pics holler at me. It will sure look cleaner than that external reservoir. Plus I got a recall notice about vibration of the reservior causing cavitation and brake fade. I've also heard some YFZ owners complaining of the same thing. The caliper looks like it will fit my stock brakestay with just a little machining on the mounting bosses. I may have to cut my rotor down or get one a little bit oversize. The stock disc sucks anyway. Hopefully in the near future I can get the 250R setup like you got. My stock swinger isn't going to hold up much longer.

SRH
05-19-2004, 02:46 PM
yeah everything in the rear of my yfz is 250r, and i have a brakeplate from rpm thats usppose to allow use the of stock caliper on the r rear end and it doesnt work so i think im going with this crf/gt thunder setup