PDA

View Full Version : Electric fence help

jst
05-18-2004, 08:04 PM
How do I check the fence w/o touching it?NO PEEING either!please help.Sometimes the animals waqlk right thru it.I will set it up and the next time they get shocked.It is a constant current not a pulse.Thanks.

brian-250
05-18-2004, 08:07 PM
we always used water,wear rubber gloves!!!!!!!!!!:o

1fast400ex
05-18-2004, 08:14 PM
take a rubber handled screw driver and hold it about 1half of an inch away it will jump to it
:devil:

pa_countryboy
05-18-2004, 08:17 PM
I do the same thing as fast. Sometimes you have to ground the screwdriver out on a metal post or a gate.

LTandRaptorider
05-18-2004, 08:22 PM
Take a blade of grass and rub on the fence, you'll feel a tingle. Or get an electric fence tester at an Agway or other farm store. Stick the ground prong in the ground, touch the tester on the fence and it lights up if you have juice.

Ralph
05-18-2004, 08:35 PM
dont be an ussy and touch it, its fun...

Guy400
05-18-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Take a blade of grass and rub on the fence. LMAO...on my grandfather's farm we had an electric fence. My grandfather could put his hand on it and not jump. He touched it one time when I was young and told me it was off. Well I didn't believe him so he told me to grab a leaf off the nearby maple tree. I fell for it and touched the fence with the leaf. At the age of about 8 I thought I was just struck by lightning:D

Guy400
05-18-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by jst
How do I check the fence w/o touching it?Throw your younger brother into it :devil:

ghak99
05-18-2004, 08:39 PM
It is a pulse every second or so...-....-....-....-

The fence testers work great, they also tell you actual amperage, Or how well it is working.

Or if all else fails, have one of your buddies hold it for you.;)

LTandRaptorider
05-18-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
LMAO...on my grandfather's farm we had an electric fence. My grandfather could put his hand on it and not jump. He touched it one time when I was young and told me it was off. Well I didn't believe him so he told me to grab a leaf off the nearby maple tree. I fell for it and touched the fence with the leaf. At the age of about 8 I thought I was just struck by lightning:D

:D

another good trick is to grab someone by the hand, then grab the fence. THEY become the ground, current passes through you harmlessly, shocks the chit out of the other person! My dad used me to check the fence like that...:mad:

05-18-2004, 08:50 PM

another good trick is to grab someone by the hand, then grab the fence. THEY become the ground, current passes through you harmlessly, shocks the chit out of the other person! My dad used me to check the fence like that...:mad: HAHAHAHHAHA ROFL...thats hilarious

cletusEX
05-18-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
LMAO...on my grandfather's farm we had an electric fence. My grandfather could put his hand on it and not jump. He touched it one time when I was young and told me it was off. Well I didn't believe him so he told me to grab a leaf off the nearby maple tree. I fell for it and touched the fence with the leaf. At the age of about 8 I thought I was just struck by lightning:D

I got one of my friends when I was younger to stick a long blade of wet grass in a bug zapper. Needless to say it was pretty funny.

ghak99
05-18-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by cletusEX
I got one of my friends when I was younger to stick a long blade of wet grass in a bug zapper. Needless to say it was pretty funny.

ROTFLMAO!
Did his eyes light up like a bugs when they hit it?

Woodsrider
05-18-2004, 10:38 PM
LOl when I was seven, me and my brothers were on our grandparents farm in Idaho and we used to cross under the hotwire fence to get to the irrigation canal. I was half way under it when my older brother told me I was clear. I started to stand and got the wire across the small of my back.

I kept my cool pretty good for a young kid, until we got back to the farm. That night at bath time I tossed a 10cell cattle prod in the tub with him:devil: I got my arse beat raw but it was worth every swat:D

RMX500
05-18-2004, 10:42 PM
stick a metal pole in the ground and hold it with one hand, with the other grab the fence. have a friend nearby.

zephead400ex
05-19-2004, 11:59 AM

another good trick is to grab someone by the hand, then grab the fence. THEY become the ground, current passes through you harmlessly, shocks the chit out of the other person! My dad used me to check the fence like that...:mad:

I have done that more than once when working on the farm. haha, it never gets old...when you do it to someone else:D

Pappy
05-19-2004, 12:04 PM
my dad had strung some electric fence to keep a mare seperated for the expected birth of her foal. I had just returned with my mom from getting school clothes and was wearing a pair of them big ***'d rubber soul dress type shoes. well my dad egg'd me on to test the fence and im standing there with my hand on it and nothing. he grabbed the fence and it lit his *** up!!!

that little test led me to get on of my friends. i started taking a leak on the fence and explained to him that it didnt shock you it was a wives tale. well he tried it...and it fried him but good:devil: i kinda felt bad, he was flopping around on the ground like he was having a siezure:devil: god times:macho

i do suggest getting the tester from your local farm/fleet store.

Ralph
05-19-2004, 12:55 PM
theres a guy who pees on a electric fence in one of the cky vifeos and hr resly hurts hmself, its damn funny to watch though

Smokin 440
05-19-2004, 03:36 PM
oooo Pappy..... THATS HILARIOUS

The tester would be your best bet especially sayin its a contant current, because if u touch it the current might make you hold onto it if u grab it...

sly400ex
05-19-2004, 05:52 PM

hahaha...best testing method yet!!!!:devil:

LTandRaptorider
05-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by sly400ex
hahaha...best testing method yet!!!!:devil:

Yeah... I got a real charge out of it...:p