PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Just Saved My Life

RMX500
05-18-2004, 07:33 PM
I was riding my Preddy through some rough stuff, some retarded azzholes around here like to take their dads 4x4's off road and leave huge ruts from where they get stuck and their dad has to call them a tow truck.

anways i was goin and i hit one of these ruts which was wider than my tire is long and the predator goes from about 35mph to 0mph in an instant..

i got catapulted over the handlebars and started to do a rotation like in a front flip, except i rotated about half way and basically went straight up.

i landed square vertical on my head and because of the landing my back bent kinda funny and right now I have a ton of pain in my lower right back / kidney. but my head doesn't even have a bump because my trusty Oneal helmet saved my life.

moral : wear a helmet.

illustration ....sorry the drawing sucks but i dun wanna draw a true spec predator

http://members.lycos.co.uk/ragedirectory/fkkk111.GIF

seven
05-18-2004, 07:47 PM
You only wrecked becouse your front tires were so much bigger then your rears. Nice Drawing!!LOL

LTandRaptorider
05-18-2004, 08:39 PM
Nice graphic illustration of your accident! But I still don't see a battery on your quad!:eek: :blah:

Glad to hear you're ok, always wear a helmet.;)

05-21-2004, 04:41 PM
always wear a brain bucket o and nice illustartaionhttp://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/clap.gif

Woodsrider
05-21-2004, 09:46 PM
Damn helmets anyways:cuss: LOL J/P

Mr.Offroad
05-21-2004, 10:34 PM
Man, I hope your back don't turn out to be anything serious. Just rest a lot 'till it's good and healed, or it'll haunt you the rest of your life. Glad the brain bucket did its job, though. I've never crashed on my head like that, (that I remember:confused: ) but I've hit a lot of low branches across the trail that have rang my bell. I never ride without a helmet, pain-in-the-butt or not!

RMX500
05-24-2004, 06:31 PM
eh, bad news. my injuries haven't been healing too well and something is definitely wrong on my lower right.. it's either my kidney, ribs or both.

:(

TheFontMaster
05-24-2004, 06:58 PM
I hope your ribs feel better. I love that drawing :cool: lol

Mr.Offroad
05-24-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by RMX500
eh, bad news. my injuries haven't been healing too well and something is definitely wrong on my lower right.. it's either my kidney, ribs or both.

:( Prolly your rib. You're too young to have a kidney prob. Yours should take twice as much crap as mine, and it's taken a lot! Ribs crack easy. Been there, done that. :mad:

RMX500
05-25-2004, 08:04 PM
saw a doctor today. 2 bruised ribs and yes, my kidney got bruised but it's okay.

and my stupid *****? out ripping around again today.. except my quad got f'ed up last week and now i need new pipes and plastics

lol
05-28-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I hope your ribs feel better. I love that drawing :cool: lol

spud400ex
06-01-2004, 11:57 AM
helmet saved me thursday. i was flying 3rd pinned thru the trails at lsok and ramped of a berm and tagged a raised spot on the side of a trail, i didnt have my helmet tied and it is a good thing cause when the front of the quad went up i tagged the crossbar pad with my helmet. the bike ended up on its side on the side of the trail. i just got a scratch on my knee and bent my bars a little bit.

Syrus
06-02-2004, 08:33 PM
Ouch, hows your quad, any damage? and make sure you check the frame for any breaks, id you hit like that and stop dead intantly by running into a hard hole, u might broke something near the front.

Bobbs07
06-02-2004, 09:01 PM
How did you get through the same stuff big utility mudding fourwheelers got through when they had to call a tow truck to get them out?

Syrus
06-02-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Bobbs07
How did you get through the same stuff big utility mudding fourwheelers got through when they had to call a tow truck to get them out?

LOL what a tow truck ? lol i highly doubt a tow truck came in to pull a utilitiy quad out, sorry but i dont belive they were that stuck, i winch can pretty much take u outa anything, or a 4 wheeler with some help, trust me ive been in thr deepest crap possible, u dont need a truck to take any 4 wheeler out. And how did this tow truck get all the way into where the quads were "burried in mud".

xr50layke
06-02-2004, 10:32 PM
the predator looks like the same as if it were real ;) :p i dont like preds but wow u landed on your head...you must be okay, your neck broke your fall! :D

3 people in my family are having back problems :(

Xrider06
06-03-2004, 07:32 PM
I had my helmet save my life back in the winter but it wasn't on my 4wheeler. I was sledding on a frozen mountain road with a few friends and we were hitting close to 40 mph on the runner sleds and i got down to the bottom and hit a frozen snow bank head on and broke my arm and scratched my face a little where the hole is in the helmet but I honestly think i would of atleast had a concusion if not a lot worse if I wouldn't of had my helmet on. that's my story.

mudderchic
06-14-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Offroad
Prolly your rib. You're too young to have a kidney prob. Yours should take twice as much crap as mine, and it's taken a lot! Ribs crack easy. Been there, done that. :mad:

He's not too young to have a kidney problem if he messed it up in a wreck :(

400 EX FREAK
06-15-2004, 11:10 AM
well thats the most best drawing i had ever seen lol

400 EX FREAK
06-15-2004, 06:24 PM
well i know that broken ribs hurt like hell so if u broke one of ur ribs, well that must suck

400 EX FREAK
06-15-2004, 10:30 PM
what kinda quad were u on???

bradc_300ex
06-30-2004, 11:39 PM
hey i like ur drawing.... i was also in an accident recently where my helmet saved my life... i was riding my 93 300 ex down a road with my friend....he was behind me and there was a 90 degree corner and a feild and long grass on the other side of the corner... i was goin about 60 miles... i went through the long grass and there was a huge ditch.... about 10 feet wide, 6 feet deep... i hit the ditch and held on... i was 7 feet in the air and i landed on my back.... my back is still sore today and it happened 2 weeks ago... my quad rolles 3 times hit the ground hard, rolled another 3 times... bounced back up then rolled another 2 times... i dont remember much about the crash but i broke my hand, 10 stitches in my kne and bruised my vertibrae... my quad isnt too bad just some cracked plastic and bent the bars very badly... anyways i was wondering if u knew any good websites for atv plastics? write me back soon

outofsight
07-07-2004, 09:44 PM
I hope you recover fast and I love what your dude says in the drawing cause thats what I say everytime I crash.lol.

ScrnNmsSUCK
07-15-2004, 12:55 AM
r those aftermarket shocks....looks like elkas'.......that really sux i bruised my ribs a long time ago and they only get get worst from there. i broke them qiet a few time over stupid things that shouldnt have done anything. chesting a soccer ball in a game, paddling out on a surf board...hoply its heals fully