PDA

View Full Version : How Many Clicks

JOEX
05-18-2004, 07:10 PM
How many clicks are there on PEP LM front shocks? I bought these used and from what I have read they are the old style.

I have turned up the compression several times as i'm getting more comfortable with jumping, farther, higher and harder but still nothing real big.

I have them up more than 15 clicks from when I got them:huh does that sound right or are they blown? They still feel a million times better than stock.

I thought I had them up enough but I was trying to clear a simple step up at the mx race and not quite making it and clunk:p I do plan on getting them rebuilt along with the stock rear soon. Just want to know what to do in the mean time.

toomeyshee87
05-18-2004, 07:29 PM
my standard travel ZPS have 20 clicks;) there about a year old

Ralph
05-18-2004, 07:40 PM
MY STD TRAVEL ZPS HAVE LIKE 8 CLICKS AND I NEED THEM FIXRED CAUSE THEY SUCK... tHEY were setup wrong or something

JOEX
05-18-2004, 08:52 PM
This is what happens...........:(

Ralph
05-18-2004, 08:54 PM
no this...

JOEX
05-18-2004, 08:59 PM
I don't know if that makes me feel better or not. lol!:p

Ralph
05-18-2004, 09:03 PM
how about now?

JOEX
05-18-2004, 09:05 PM
OK, I feel better now:p :D

Ralph
05-18-2004, 09:14 PM
:(

front plastics are done, stem and handlebars are done too.
subframe is a little bent but ill life with it.

shocks need to be dealt with and i m not expecting to pay a penyy considering how off they were. im piassed...:mad:

KASCHAK
05-19-2004, 09:25 PM
would you like to sell them if there trashed? how trashed. when i race im kidna prone to wrecking and i just need something i could (******) on dont have to be buitiful but i can make brackets to hold on...

Ralph
05-20-2004, 12:54 PM
im prob gonna keep em 4 same reason

deepcj7
05-20-2004, 11:07 PM
JOEX,
I think I know what step up your talking about. Your shocks are probably fine for now, but it's alot smoother when you clear that jump. You need to be on the gas all the way up the face of it. Eddyville, right? My bike is set up for XC and have no bottoming problems as long as you clear everything. See ya

JOEX
05-20-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by deepcj7
JOEX,
I think I know what step up your talking about. Your shocks are probably fine for now, but it's alot smoother when you clear that jump. You need to be on the gas all the way up the face of it. Eddyville, right? My bike is set up for XC and have no bottoming problems as long as you clear everything. See ya
It was the one before the tunnel jump, your right, I wasn't on the gas enough.

The lip on the one just before the finish line was kinda hacked up so I didn't try to clear it.

Woodsrider
05-21-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
It was the one before the tunnel jump, your right, I wasn't on the gas enough.

The lip on the one just before the finish line was kinda hacked up so I didn't try to clear it.

LOL I wasn't enven gona try that on my suspension:blah:
You guys been back to Eddiville since the GP? I cant wait to go back. Tommorow is my last ride on stock front suspension Then Ill be looking forward to going out again for a playday.

JOEX
05-21-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
LOL I wasn't enven gona try that on my suspension:blah:
You guys been back to Eddiville since the GP? I cant wait to go back. Tommorow is my last ride on stock front suspension Then Ill be looking forward to going out again for a playday.
Hey, newbie!:devil: :blah:

I did the P.R.O. mx race last weekend, check out the racing section.;)

Woodsrider
05-21-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Hey, newbie!:devil: :blah:

LOL I was tired of being all wet:D