PDA

View Full Version : how much hp does the tc pipe at to a 450r?

mxhonda86
05-18-2004, 05:09 PM
how much extra hp will a tc pipe, k & n filter and jet jit add to a 450r? thanks

PEPwalshZ440
05-18-2004, 06:22 PM
not exactly sure but sure as hell woke my 450R the hell up! like a bat outta hell :devil: . $525 for TC pipe and for the JRD K&N setup its like $50 with the clamp and airfilter! and jetting, they can tell you the jets to run. 856-881-5299. tell them mike barba sent you and talk to joe.

dreth
05-18-2004, 06:26 PM
I don't know but i am curious myself. I've heard of this tc exhaust but i haven't seen one nor have i seen it in dirt wheels. I'm starting to ride mx tracks and i need more bottom end power so i will be keeping and eye on this thread.

mxhonda86
05-18-2004, 06:26 PM
where are you located? thats where i am getting everything on my quad from...jrd...let me know also where do you ride at?

#1speedbump
05-18-2004, 07:56 PM
Tc has been around for quite awhile. Check out TCRACINGENGINES.com. The pipe for the 450yammi is the same as the 450r so look at the yamaha page. Personally they look ALOT like a supercrap but Tom does know his stuff so I dont doubt the pipe.

sparky450AR
05-18-2004, 09:24 PM
here it is

https://www.managerslogin.com/sites/folder597/site_images_system/user/pipe.jpg

How loud is it?...it looked like it would be very loud!

Does it wake up teh bottom end?

sparky450AR
05-18-2004, 09:25 PM
why in the hell does it say supertrap on the pipe?

Sportrax10
05-18-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by sparky450AR
why in the hell does it say supertrap on the pipe?

Its a modded Supertrapp pipe...

sparky450AR
05-18-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Sportrax10
Its a modded Supertrapp pipe...

lol, obviously, i just find that wierd! I like the pipe though, its probably very light. Anyone know how loud it is compared to a sparks or HMF?

thanks

TCracin440ex
05-19-2004, 08:32 AM
bottom line no doubt....TC is the loudest pipe i think money can buy for an quad...i wouldnt suggest ANYONE getting this exhaust if they are just a weekend warrior/trail rider....this is a RACE exhaust and she is loud too believe that...the sparks x-6 is pretty loud but that TC makes that sparks seem like a wisper...so i wouldnt recomend this pipe to anyone unless your all the way mx racing...cuz this pipe aint for no rec ridding...ull have more neighbors pissed off at you than what the pipe is worth

imo 545.00 is somewhat worth its weight and gold....i kno the slip on is 345.00 for the 400ex but its also the most expensive exhaust ive ever seen cept for the WB carbon fiber exhaust, or a yoshi

redroost85
05-19-2004, 08:43 AM
I guess I'll chime in here too. One of my sponsors just got the full TC on his 450, along with K&N, jetting etc....

Holy chit did it wake up that ride....along with all the neighbors, lol!:devil: Very worthwhile investment, not sure of the actual hp numbers....but you can definitely feel it.

Like TCracin said, this is a very loud pipe...not for trail riding, goofing off...race only! My sponsor lives like 10 minutes from Tom and they are very good friends. Tom Carlson is one, if not the fricking best at what he does.

Can't wait to take my motor up to his place to work some TC magic!:devil:

PEPwalshZ440
05-19-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by mxhonda86
where are you located? thats where i am getting everything on my quad from...jrd...let me know also where do you ride at?
i ride a lot at atco and chatsworth...this summer i'm gonna be doing a lot of riding all aroun district 6...should be fun. I live in Medford.
Mike

JRDrider22
05-19-2004, 01:21 PM
hahaha mike...tell them bike barba sent you...man you crack me up.... i get my motor fixed man you screwed! put put!

sparky450AR
05-19-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
bottom line no doubt....TC is the loudest pipe i think money can buy for an quad...i wouldnt suggest ANYONE getting this exhaust if they are just a weekend warrior/trail rider....this is a RACE exhaust and she is loud too believe that...the sparks x-6 is pretty loud but that TC makes that sparks seem like a wisper...so i wouldnt recomend this pipe to anyone unless your all the way mx racing...cuz this pipe aint for no rec ridding...ull have more neighbors pissed off at you than what the pipe is worth

imo 545.00 is somewhat worth its weight and gold....i kno the slip on is 345.00 for the 400ex but its also the most expensive exhaust ive ever seen cept for the WB carbon fiber exhaust, or a yoshi

Is it louder than the DG chrome pipes?

dreth
05-19-2004, 02:39 PM
i am 31 yrs old. i just 1 yr ago set butt on a quad . trails mostly until latley . mx is my new love. in just 5 trips to mx track im jumping 40 & 65 ft tables, 40 & 65 ft doubles. but in one section on track there are back to back 65 ft doubles, the first of the two is right out of a berm with very little runway. i dont feel ihave enough bottom end power to make it which makes the second hard but can be done on some days. i need bottom end power but dont want to work the motor .

JRDrider22
05-19-2004, 03:52 PM
just go balls out and hit it man. nah dont...you case it ..you'll hate me ...hmm options w/o doing anything to the motor...you can geta a carb..maybe you'll have morse hp

TCracin440ex
05-19-2004, 03:57 PM
well he never told us hwat hes ridding...but im going to assume either a 400ex or 450r...well them bikes come stock with 20s on it...you want accel....take and buy a set of 18's for the rear and you will pick up the accel. but you will loose topend but speed doesnt win a mx race anyways...leave the stock sprocket sizes and get some 18s ull notice a world of difference in acceleration

sparky450AR
05-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Hey guys i called tom and asked him about the decibal levels on the 450R exhaust. He said under 105. He said for some reason the 450R was a lot quieter than the YFZ or 400ex. Its not an ear piercing noise like on the others.

I know for a fact the DG was over 105....Ill prolly end up getting the TC

see ya

JDiablo
05-19-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by sparky450AR
here it is

https://www.managerslogin.com/sites/folder597/site_images_system/user/pipe.jpg

How loud is it?...it looked like it would be very loud!

Does it wake up teh bottom end?

man.....that pipe has got to be so loud:eek2:

PEPwalshZ440
05-19-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by JRDrider22
hahaha mike...tell them bike barba sent you...man you crack me up.... i get my motor fixed man you screwed! put put!
the hardass comments are unnecessary, and yea we'll see wut happens out at the track.

JRDrider22
05-19-2004, 06:40 PM
yea you will

dreth
05-19-2004, 07:38 PM
Sorry guys forgot to tell you I do have 18" hole shots all the way around on a 450R with HRC kit. I did hit it balls out and I did case it 5 times. Three days before that I made it every time but once and that was only because I thought I was in a lower gear the first time. I never flipped or wrecked the bike during the cases but it did hurt a couple of times. I need more bottom end power. The other night it was race night and there was five quads. One $22,000.00 custom built Honda 450 dirt bike motor in quad frame, one Motocannondale with a 450 kit, and one WFZ 450 with super trap pipe and pep after market front shocks and the only one that tried the first double was the Motocannondale and he cased it 2 times and did not try the rest of the night. I'm a little scared of hitting the first one without a definite increase and bottom end horse power. Not sure wheter to get the Sparks or TC exhaust, any thoughts on extra power without a whole lot of money. The track that I am riding is called Thunder Cross in Okeechobee, FL.

AlaskaSpeed
05-19-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by dreth
Sorry guys forgot to tell you I do have 18" hole shots all the way around on a 450R with HRC kit. I did hit it balls out and I did case it 5 times. Three days before that I made it every time but once and that was only because I thought I was in a lower gear the first time. I never flipped or wrecked the bike during the cases but it did hurt a couple of times. I need more bottom end power. The other night it was race night and there was five quads. One $22,000.00 custom built Honda 450 dirt bike motor in quad frame, one Motocannondale with a 450 kit, and one WFZ 450 with super trap pipe and pep after market front shocks and the only one that tried the first double was the Motocannondale and he cased it 2 times and did not try the rest of the night. I'm a little scared of hitting the first one without a definite increase and bottom end horse power. Not sure wheter to get the Sparks or TC exhaust, any thoughts on extra power without a whole lot of money. The track that I am riding is called Thunder Cross in Okeechobee, FL.

I know you said you don't want to go into the motor, but something simple like a higher compression piston might be just what you are looking for. A little more torque for coming out of those loamy turns. Jim

PEPwalshZ440
05-19-2004, 08:17 PM
well if u need bottom to mid, TC is the way to go. also get a sparks cam and ur gonna be on ur way to hitting that jump .
Mike

dreth
05-20-2004, 07:04 AM
how much is the tc pipe and where do i get it at . and is the sparks filter a good choice with this pipe? im going to pipe and filter it first and try it. i heard duncan makes a rev box for it so im going to check out the price and the specs on it . it will be a couple of months because im not riding for a while due to gas prices. i feel if everyone cut back on buying it for a while they might lower prices. and if you drive the speed limit you will get at least 3 more miles to the gallon. if we just keep buying it in mass amounts they will just keep going up and up. so do what you can before it hits 3$ a gallon

TRX450R2
05-20-2004, 12:40 PM
I don't know why you're complaining about gas prices cos we are payin $5.20 a gallon down here!:( :grr:

JRDrider22
05-20-2004, 03:34 PM
oh snap that blows. its 5.00 for cam 2 up here and regualr is 2 20

sparky450AR
05-20-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by PEPwalshZ440
well if u need bottom to mid, TC is the way to go. also get a sparks cam and ur gonna be on ur way to hitting that jump .
Mike

Bottom and mid, that makes me want the TC even more...but i was looking at some muddy creek pictures, and the TC's are ugly on the yamahas....maybe they look better on the TRX's

PEP will you please post some pics!

dreth
05-22-2004, 07:56 AM
i hear the DBs are around 108 to 112 . i also hear that the tc is just a slip on . can anyone confirm or are we all just guessing

sparky450AR
05-22-2004, 09:59 PM
i hear the DBs are around 108 to 112 . i also hear that the tc is just a slip on . can anyone confirm or are we all just guessing

obviously we are guessing after 28 replies, we should know. BUT i did talk to tom and he said the DB's on the 450R were more than 100, but less than 105. He said the 450R had a quieter motor.

AND i heard a TC pipe today on a 300ex, and it sounded like total $HIT!

Goat397
05-23-2004, 07:15 PM
i think i could make that exuast, not bashign on the power it makes but it sure doesnt look like much i definatly wouldnt be payin over 500 bucks for an aluminum soda bottle