View Full Version : Dont Buy Gas Tomorrow!!!!!

ShiftFMX
05-18-2004, 04:09 PM
I got this email today:

Don't Buy Gas On May 19th

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA DID
NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE
OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER
4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR BEHIND "
DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE
THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY
PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THIS ADMIINSTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT
GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT
THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE
SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE
FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS
SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL
SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE
WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL

Copy and paste this and forward it to everyone in ur address book. This Email has got around to a great amount of the country, lets see if we can get the gas prices to plummet!

No Flaming Please! :devil:

RMX500
05-18-2004, 04:14 PM
people need to realize that almost everyone in the US and Canada with email or a forum has seen this so we all just need to do our part.

not taking part in this is as bad as voter apathy.

do you want john kerry throwing purple hearts on YOUR lawn?

wishin4ahonda15
05-18-2004, 04:16 PM
How about buy gas tomorrow! its my birthday tomorrow

AtvMxRider
05-18-2004, 04:35 PM
How about "who gives a chit":rolleyes:

400EX_Kid_03
05-18-2004, 04:40 PM
I wont buy... unlike the other asholes who posted in here with nothing good or usefull to say...

Pappy
05-18-2004, 04:42 PM
well, since China is the leading reason for higher crude oil prices lately ...i say dont buy chinese food:eek2:

for those that dont know, China has been buying oil at a record pace and this is the #1 reason crude prices are being driven upward.

2001400ex
05-18-2004, 04:47 PM
I won't be buying any tommorrow...I purposely kept the car OUT of second gear so I would not have to fill up...1/4 tank left!:devil:

ShiftFMX
05-18-2004, 06:01 PM
Whoops, sorry, didnt relize that this has already been posted :eek2:

05-18-2004, 06:42 PM
Oh well....i just got filled up my new gas tank i got with 5 gallons to hold me over....doesn't matter to much because my new front sprocket hasn't came in yet...:(

05-18-2004, 06:46 PM
wouldnt that just make them raise the prices higher.. cuz ppl are gonna need gas eventually:confused:

chucked
05-18-2004, 07:17 PM
just because you made an extra thread, im going to fill up tomorrow.

southbeach14
05-18-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by 400EX_Kid_03
I wont buy... unlike the other asholes who posted in here with nothing good or usefull to say...

:p

MOFO
05-18-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by 400EX_Kid_03

whatever kid....

I would like to personally tell you that I will be spending around $45 to fill up my truck...heck, I just might fill up my 5 gal tanks for my quad while I'm at it!

Whoever thought of this idea is an idiot and does not understand the system at all....and the people who follow are right there with him. Go back to economics 101.

xr50layke
05-18-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
well, since China is the leading reason for higher crude oil prices lately ...i say dont buy chinese food:eek2:

lmao :p

chinese food is awesome

05-18-2004, 07:33 PM
wait.. my dad works in the oil field... you guys better buy gas tommrow!! if u dont im pretty sure i will end up payin for it or some gay shiz like taht:rolleyes: just not buying gas isnt gonna fix it, the oil companies will probably just double the price to make up for thier loses.. and yes they can do that! :mad:

chucked
05-18-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by member
wait.. my dad works in the oil field... you guys better buy gas tommrow!! if u dont im pretty sure i will end up payin for it or some gay shiz like taht:rolleyes: just not buying gas isnt gonna fix it, the oil companies will probably just double the price to make up for thier loses.. and yes they can do that! :mad:

if demand falls, supply would be in surplus, in order to create equilibrium they must lower prices (yea I got an A in Econ 101...)

Chanman420q
05-18-2004, 08:27 PM
dude theres nothing we can do about the gas price. just deal with it. ur not the loan ranger paying for gas. EVERYONE IN THE WORLD IS

310Rduner
05-18-2004, 08:55 PM
For the idiots who think it would work:rolleyes:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/gasout.htm

derekhonda
05-18-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by chucked
if demand falls, supply would be in surplus, in order to create equilibrium they must lower prices (yea I got an A in Econ 101...)

While you are right, you are also incredibly wrong. that policy you just mentioned works for everything under the sun, except for things that are essential, and things that have a monopoly. Think about it, if they raise gas to $15 a gallon, are you going to buy gas? Yes, you will. What else would you put in your car to fill up the gas tank, tang?

BeltSlipper
05-18-2004, 10:32 PM
I love this stuff. I work in a refinery and make gasoline for a living. It's not the US oil companies causing this problem. It's the overseas countries like Pappy said. So don't think your going to chance the price by not purchasing gas for one day. The only thing will have is, I'm going to have to listen about "Everyone not buy gas on May 19th" in my morning meetings. And please don't do that do me. Those things are boring enough.

RMX500
05-18-2004, 10:37 PM
maybe we should take Iraq's oil.

chucked
05-19-2004, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
While you are right, you are also incredibly wrong. that policy you just mentioned works for everything under the sun, except for things that are essential, and things that have a monopoly. Think about it, if they raise gas to $15 a gallon, are you going to buy gas? Yes, you will. What else would you put in your car to fill up the gas tank, tang?

no ****, but we still cant do anything about prices. If it were to work, the united states would not only have to not buy gas today, but everyone would have to take off and stay home. Im gonna go fill up my car in a few mins....

MOFO
05-19-2004, 02:16 PM
just for all the kids out there....

I spent $45 today...filled my truck up and when my finace gets home, I"m gonna fill her car up!

Bobbs07
05-19-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
just for all the kids out there....

I spent $45 today...filled my truck up and when my finace gets home, I"m gonna fill her car up!

45$ arent you a high roller... haha jp:devil: I filled up the lawnmower for 2.08$ today:mad:

MOFO
05-19-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Bobbs07
45$ arent you a high roller... haha jp:devil: I filled up the lawnmower for 2.08$ today:mad:

trust me, I aint proud of that....

I cant wait for my company truck with a gas card!!!