PDA

View Full Version : Farr and his 450r lead flag to flag at the TT national

quadrcr161
05-18-2004, 11:01 AM
just read on ********.com that Farr won his heat and main from flag to flag and set the fastest pro qualifier. looks like a good showing for honda at the TT events where everyone said it was underpowered. Keith little took a 2nd on his yamaha but Farr kept a 6 bike lead over him. both are very good TT riders and no dout pushed both brands that day. im not sayig honda is better but just that it made a good showing to alot of negative talk about it.
now, does anyone konw what type of set up they are running for TT? i dont konw anyone with any linkage set up for it yet.

edit, i mispelled flag.

300exOH
05-18-2004, 11:13 AM
It was an awesome race. Farr was way out in front all day. Unfortunately I had to leave before the main. I did get Farr's autograph along with Mark Baldwin's. It was cool to meet them. Both are nice guys.

There were a bunch of 450R's there. I think they actually outnumbered the yfz's. Both machines were very competitive.

A pic of Farr after winning one of the heat races. Notice how far back the next rider is.

:devil:

lukester720
05-18-2004, 12:26 PM
I can't see much further back on the track, someones dirty fingernails are in the way. Just kidding! Did you get any more pics?

Quadrcr161, you also misspelled the word "know" not konw, Just kidding with you too! I misspell stuff all the time.

I talked to sparks racing today and the said that Farr was running the new "Race Cam" they have out. They said it wasn't much for bottom end though.

300exOH
05-18-2004, 12:40 PM
I got a bunch more pics that I sent to Harlen. I guess he'll post them sometime. Those are my dirty fingernails. LOL You can see the 2nd place rider right next to them. I was giving Farr a thumbs up. I don't know what setup he was running but he was much faster than anyone on the track.

Here's Farr on his way to the line

K_Fulk
05-18-2004, 12:43 PM
He was running JB a-arms and swingarm. Didnt look like it had any kind of special link setup. I bet he lapped half the riders in the main. And i'm sure he had way more than a 6 quad lead. This picture is about a lil more than halfway through the race.

lukester720
05-18-2004, 12:51 PM
Nice Pics! I can't wait till Harlen puts the race report up!

redroost85
05-18-2004, 02:17 PM
Nice pics guys!:)

Man, I wish I coulda been there to see Farr stomp a mudhole in them guys! Awesome baby, just awesome!:devil:

Guy400
05-18-2004, 02:22 PM
I wish threads like these wouldn't even get started. We all know the TRX engine is woefully underpowered compared to the YFZ and there's no way Baldwin could prep it to make it run with a piped/cam modded Yammy:p

By the way, where was that race at?

twisted threads
05-18-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
I wish threads like these wouldn't even get started. We all know the TRX engine is woefully underpowered compared to the YFZ and there's no way Baldwin could prep it to make it run with a piped/cam modded Yammy:p

I was thinking the same thing there Guy400.:D there must be some kind of mistake that a 450r beat a YFZ.;)

lukester720
05-18-2004, 02:37 PM
the race was in orrville, ohio

K_Fulk
05-18-2004, 03:01 PM
the race was in orrville, ohio at Wayne county speedway

Guy400
05-18-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by lukester720
the race was in orrville, ohio Ah damn it, that's what I get for not paying attention to the schedules. I live less than 20 minutes from Orrville :grr:

AtvMxRider
05-18-2004, 03:21 PM
Ah damn it, that's what I get for not paying attention to the schedules. I live less than 20 minutes from Orrville :grr: http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/atvmxrider/brick.gif

K_Fulk
05-18-2004, 03:25 PM
If you looked in the racing forum you would have seen this. ;)
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106599

Guy400
05-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
If you looked in the racing forum you would have seen this. ;)
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106599 Thanks, rub it in :p

Doibugu2
05-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Thanks, rub it in :p

Hey did you go to that TT race that's 20 minutes from your house?:blah:

Guy400
05-18-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
Hey did you go to that TT race that's 20 minutes from your house?:blah: Banned:grr:

:D

ImSpeedyB:tch
05-18-2004, 09:24 PM
Im sorry but what wheels are those on his bike? And could someone throw me a link :)!! Thanks

sparky450AR
05-18-2004, 09:31 PM
TT looks like it would be a blast!!!

Was this the first race of the series?

MORE PICS

protraxrptr17
05-18-2004, 09:44 PM
I thought I saw Pro-Trax on Farr's bike on ATV Sport TV week before last. I can't see these picture too good on this damn wore out hotel computer. I guess he probably has two bikes though. I'm glad to see them getting his bike dialed in. It sure is getting faster race by race. He seems like a pretty cool guy.

sparky450AR
05-18-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by protraxrptr17
I thought I saw Pro-Trax on Farr's bike on ATV Sport TV week before last. I can't see these picture too good on this damn wore out hotel computer. I guess he probably has two bikes though. I'm glad to see them getting his bike dialed in. It sure is getting faster race by race. He seems like a pretty cool guy.

He does seem pretty cool. Your right though, he runs laeger in the GNC series, and Jb in TT.

I would also like to know how they lower there bikes, does a linkage in the rear and the sway bar in the front lower it. Or is it just buying shocks that are set up for TT.

Chef
05-18-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by sparky450AR

I would also like to know how they lower there bikes, does a linkage in the rear and the sway bar in the front lower it. Or is it just buying shocks that are set up for TT.

I run shorter front shocks and a lowering link in the rear. You can also get a shorter rear shock, which is I think what Mark Baldwin does. He told me to use a combination of a lowering link and a shortened rear shock. Lower ride height, with the ability to adjust ride height.

sparky450AR
05-18-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Chef
I run shorter front shocks and a lowering link in the rear. You can also get a shorter rear shock, which is I think what Mark Baldwin does. He told me to use a combination of a lowering link and a shortened rear shock. Lower ride height, with the ability to adjust ride height.

So, it owuld cost a pretty penny to get a nice TT setup

K_Fulk
05-19-2004, 03:10 AM
This is the only up close shot I got of farr's bike. People kept walking in front of me.

MIA450R
05-19-2004, 06:42 AM
Umm, what's Farr running for a can? I swear that looks like a HRC-endcapped stock exhaust. I know the header isnt stock, but that can looks stock in that 2nd picture....

I'm sure I'm wrong, but thought I'd ask...

300exOH
05-19-2004, 06:48 AM
The exhaust is a DG:eek2:

I thought I saw American Racing on his rear wheels too. Not positive though.

quadrcr161
05-19-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by sparky450AR
So, it owuld cost a pretty penny to get a nice TT setup

for a pro level set up yea, for a basic set up not really. you can find lowering kits, i spoke with dura-blue and they are developing one for the rear. a tt set up might look expensive to some, but the same people will go drop over $5000 into a basic mx set up. if you run mostly night races and select a good over all tire you can run the whole year on a set of tires. TT is nowhere as expensive as mx.

Chef
05-19-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
for a pro level set up yea, for a basic set up not really. you can find lowering kits, i spoke with dura-blue and they are developing one for the rear. a tt set up might look expensive to some, but the same people will go drop over $5000 into a basic mx set up. if you run mostly night races and select a good over all tire you can run the whole year on a set of tires. TT is nowhere as expensive as mx.

How do you possibly run a full season on one set of tires. I can last about 10 races on a set of fronts and at the most 2 on the right rear, and about 4 on the left.

Durablue already offers the rear lowering it, its the adjustable linkage dogbone.

quadrcr161
05-20-2004, 08:17 AM
i have several sets of tires that are still good from when i raced ovals and TT's. if you get the softest compound they will burn up during the day races but will last at night races.