PDA

View Full Version : Grease fittings on new a arms

nky400
05-18-2004, 09:04 AM
i have a new set of Magnum +2 a arms. they came with grease fittings already in them which i thought was really cool. i noticed that the top front grease fittings might come really close to the mount on the frame. befroe greasing everything it looked like they would just come real close. after greasing everything the suspension was able to drop like another 3 inches, the grease fittings came right off. is there a wasy to plug these holes? can i put new fittings in and notch the mount out a bit so they don't hit? has anyone else had a problem like this?

thanks

ASR Tech
05-18-2004, 09:34 AM
Hi! Grease zerks are not always a good idea and that is why we don't use them. One they allow contaminates to get into the grease and two they do come loose or break off. What you can do is go to your local hardware store and buy some hex allen set screws thae same size and thread pitch as the existing zerks. To re-grease the pivot points you just simply remove the set screw annd replace it temporarily with the zerk. Another thing, is use a good quality Delron bushing in the arm as it is relatively self lubricating. Good Luck! ASR Tech