PDA

View Full Version : Bent the top of steering stem

supermans400ex
05-18-2004, 08:23 AM
I was riding the other day on some old rail road tracks and there was this little jump, needless to say i kinda hit at the wrong angle and when i come down i slid then rolled on the side. Well my quistion is, when it rolled it bent my handle bars a lil on the right side but i've straighten them out. Now when my wheels are straight my handle bars looks like i'm turning to the right a little, its not that bad. I'm just wondering if there is anyway of fixing this problem without having to buy a whole new steering stem?

TRX45OR
05-18-2004, 09:23 AM
SAMETHING JUST HAPPENED TO MY LITTLE BROTHER TWO CHOICES SOME TIMES IT CAN BE BENT CLOSE TO THE SAME DEPENDS HOW BAD ITS BENT OR IF IT TWISTED WE FOUND A USED ONE ON E-BAY FOR 20.00 BUCKS WE PUT IT ON LAST NIGHT MUCH BETTER NOW AS FAR AS BENDING BACK THE OLD ONE SOMETIMES YOU CAN PUT A LARGE PIPE OR CHEATER BAR IN THE HOLE ON THE TOP HAVE SOMEONE HOLD DOWN THE BIKE THEN TRY TO BEND IT IF THAT WONT WORK TAKE IT OUT AND PUT IT IN A BIG VICE BUT WHEN YOU BEND IT BACK IT WILL BEND AGIN IN THE SAME SPOT WITH LESS PRESSURE THAN THE FIRST TIME. CHECK E-BAY 20.00 BIKE SHOP WHERE I LIVE SAME ONE 150.00