PDA

View Full Version : Rockers

oriclez
05-17-2004, 09:46 PM
Does anyone know any places that have Hard Weld Rockers? Can you give me a number? I bought a cam and rockers off a forum, but ended up getting scammed, and my cams and rockers are really bad so I need to find a place that can Hard Weld. Can anyone give me a number or a site? BTW my Rockers are pretty scratched up so should I get a new set of stock Rockers, and have them hard welded or is it ok to use ones in crappy conditions?

Thanks

MIKE400EX
05-17-2004, 09:53 PM
Just send your used set to Web cams as cores for newly hardwelded ones. You should get the rockers from the same mfg. as the cam, so that the hardweld materials (cam & rockers) are compatible. Remember, hardwelded rockers on hardwelded cams only.

oriclez
05-17-2004, 10:01 PM
hey do you know how much they charge for a set?
it says they charge 65 a piece to hard weld them, but if im just sending mine in as a core they would charge me for the new rockers right, or would my rockers be a core return fee, so it would in the end only cost 130?

MIKE400EX
05-18-2004, 06:46 AM
I believe it's $65 each and that is including you giving them a useable core rocker. In other words, in the end it will cost you $260. You may be able to get a better deal by going thru a dealer such as C&D.