PDA

View Full Version : Flat Track

406ex
05-17-2004, 09:35 PM
Hey guys, never raced a Flat track race before..

I know I need kill switch, Snell Dot helmet, chest protector and so on and so forth.

What are all of your tips. I have a stock height 400ex ( by then maybe wheel spacers) I ahve ITP Holeshots, wiseco hi comp piston, K&N and shaved fenders with stock front tires. What would you guys suggest doing for the race?. Find old cheap half wore out stock rear tires so that I can slide through the turns?

Currently my EX doesn't run BUT im sending it to a shop. If it's blown up I'm putting a Wiseco 440 12:5-1 compression piston Stage 2 hot cams and a different sprocket.

But what Helpful advice do you guys bring to the flat track?? I will have stock pipe and header..

ghak99
05-17-2004, 10:04 PM
Make it set about 4" off the ground. Dish your front right wheel out. You will need a set of nerf bars. Learning to move your weight around on the quad is very important to get traction when needed. And never let out of it!!!

QuadJunkies
05-18-2004, 12:28 AM
nerfs are priority!! try and lower your quad,do you know of anyone with 18 inch tires???What kind of dirt you racing on???? If money is tight, you can always strap down the back,but its not the same to me as a complete lowering kit, you should be a ble to find one for sale pretty cheap.....;). I make one shock offset for the corners and the PSI offset for the corners as well.. What size is this track??? Is it oval??? Shorttrack????