PDA

View Full Version : Dont Buy Gas May 19th!!!!

Fuchs105
05-17-2004, 07:30 PM
dont buy gas may 19th, i don't know the full details but i know if you dont buy gas may 19th (wednesday) the gas prices will drastically drop. It only works if everyone in the U.S. doesnt buy gas MAY 19TH. It will choke the oil companies out of an estimated 4.6 billion dollars. www.pitracer.com for full details

JDiablo
05-17-2004, 07:32 PM
:huh wtf

MOFO
05-17-2004, 07:35 PM
this will never work.... besides, if people dont buy gas on May 19th they will either buy gas the day before or the day after... either way they will get their money...

BTW, this topic has already been discussed in another thread.

Guy400
05-17-2004, 07:36 PM
This has been tried before and it has never worked. Whatever money the gas companies would lose if this one-day boycott would actually take place would just be made up the next day. You can't convince people who's tanks are on 'E' to not stop and buy gas. That's like trying to get people to not breathe to boycott pollution.

brian-250
05-17-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
:huh wtf

this was posted a while back,

the wayu i see it its just gonna make a one more day supply,whoopie-do:rolleyes: its gonna make prices go high as hell so just dont do it,me i pre-ay at the co-op:D $1.53.9 all year heh heh heh:D

bansheerider_13
05-17-2004, 08:12 PM
how come in your profile it says your 14 but yet your prebuying gas at this great price something isnt working out right here or maybe its just me :confused:

wayu i see it its just gonna make a one more day supply,whoopie-do its gonna make prices go high as hell so just dont do it,me i pre-ay at the co-op $1.53.9 all year heh heh heh

brian-250
05-17-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by bansheerider_13
how come in your profile it says your 14 but yet your prebuying gas at this great price something isnt working out right here or maybe its just me :confused:

prolly just you;) ,at are co-op they dont care if your 77 or 7 they just want there money,at 5'10" 170 i should pass for 16 anyway:cool: they dont say anything when i go in and pay:confused: :o

coryatver
05-17-2004, 08:27 PM
If a majority of people didnt' buy gas on that day even if they bought it on another day that still would have to have an effect on something! But there is no way that it will happen unless someone bought like comercials on tv so it could get out to a lot of people.

derekhonda
05-17-2004, 08:27 PM
where do you drive to? sure they might sell you gas but what do you go fill up ma and pops wagon?

brian-250
05-17-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
where do you drive to? sure they might sell you gas but what do you go fill up ma and pops wagon?

me? hmmm,tractor and i run regular in the quads around home premium when we race;) btw check your pms;)

Punk'd
05-17-2004, 10:17 PM
I wish engines ran on pee:D there would be plenty for gas for me!

RMX500
05-17-2004, 10:27 PM
well i for one have seen this no gas on may 19th thing ALL over the internet and i bet a percentage of those people won't buy gas on that day, another percentage of america won't even buy gas on that day simply buy chance.

therefore, i won't buy gas that day. i think you should all do the same, on just one day. it's no sacrifice.. buy your gas on the 18th or 20th.

SHOCKER
05-17-2004, 10:47 PM
how about no, you can not buy gas and i will, this sounds retarded it wont even work, besides if it robs them that much money they will just race the prices even hihger to make up for it

RMX500
05-18-2004, 01:41 AM
if you understood the basics of economics you wouldn't disagree. too many people are just too ignorant of the fact that a massive defecit from the supplier means they would have to lower prices since the defecit is because of a loss of demand. even tho it's only one day, a loss in the billions is critical because the industry is on a day to day agenda not week to week or longer.

2 days without gas would be massive. half a week would probably end the crisis for a period.

if 2 days a month people did not buy gas, it would end the crisis for years.

MOFO
05-18-2004, 04:27 AM
LMAO, people this is just one day!

Again, to make this work, in theory, everyone would have to NOT DRIVE at all on May 19th..... if people still drive, they burn gas....the gas they bought before may 19th or the gas after may 19th.... either way the gas company will sell the same amount of fuel in a weeks time because the same miles have been driven by each individual....

If people understood basic economics, you could easily see what I'm saying. The overall supply sold in a period of time will be the same....UNLESS NO ONE DROVE for that day!

BTW, you can count on me to be filling my tanks up on May 19th just to yank the chains of people who actually believe this and the fact that I will be going to work that day... burning fuel! :devil:

MOFO
05-18-2004, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by RMX500
a loss in the billions is critical because the industry is on a day to day agenda not week to week or longer.

I'd like to know where you got this information. Sounds like the same BS that is enclosed in those e-mails.

MOFO
05-18-2004, 05:15 AM
My last point, which I'll need to confirm...

I believe most, if not all of the gas that is pumped from a "franchise" station is already paid for by the owner... so the only people that will see this "1 day hit" will be the franchise owner... they are the middle man "buffer" for the large oil company's. I know this is how it works at private airports FBO's...which are basically just a gas station for airplanes.

400exdad
05-18-2004, 06:44 AM
Think about this...

What if everyone decided not to buy gas on May 19th.... then perhaps the oil companies could raise prices even more due to excruciating circumstances. What I mean is they would have to hold the tankers, trucks, blah blah blah for the rush on May 20th or May 21st... or whatever..

While the e-mails seem to be inspiring they are pure BS. :blah:

parkers30
05-18-2004, 06:53 AM
this is dumb, I dont know how much you guys have been watching but the main reason gas prices are going up is beacsue crude prices are going up, its 2.06 here in town, but I can deal with it, I'll drive a little less, anyone else ever realized its around 5.00 a gallon for gas or diesel in Europe? yeah good ol American governemt has been protecing us for years, I just deleted this email when I got after I forwarded it to my dad who works for a gas station company

xr50layke
05-18-2004, 07:35 AM
itll go down some day so i think ill just pay the prices. when it gets like a buck more, theres gonna be problems.

Guy400
05-18-2004, 08:17 AM
They just announced today that the price of crude futures is down slightly.

400exdad
05-19-2004, 07:24 PM
I really don't pay "attention" to gas prices. To me, its a neccesity. Just like the utilities at my house. If I get to some point where I notice they are too much to pay, then there will be some cutbacks around here. :D I will never think there is any terrible conspiracy.. :eek2: :rolleyes:

Guy400
05-19-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by 400exdad
If I get to some point where I notice they are too much to pay, then there will be some cutbacks around here.I've got 225 acres of family owned woods and a fireplace...bring on the winter because Dominion East Ohio Gas can kiss my ***:eek:

Fuchs105
05-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Nicely put RMX, MOFO...you really are a MOFO!!!

Fuchs105
05-20-2004, 08:34 AM
Guy400, can I come riding with you sometime LOL!!!