PDA

View Full Version : removin igniton & temp light from my 450r ?

mxhonda86
05-17-2004, 06:41 PM
ok im gettin my 450r set up for mx and i am removin the stock handle bars and puting on my renthals. what do you guys do wiht the ignitin and the temp ligth when you put new bars on. do you remove it completly or what? im going to remove all of my ligths also so let me know what i should do. thanks

the Z Man
05-17-2004, 06:51 PM
If you unplug the ignition your fan will not come on when it reaches temperature, I zip tied it to my front brake hose and zipped the temp light to the left side of the bars in the front so I can see it when it comes on, it looks good and is out of the way. I am running protaper fat bars and it works great!

mxhonda86
05-17-2004, 07:15 PM
ok man thanks a lot..any more?

lukester720
05-17-2004, 10:20 PM
Here is a link to how I installed my killswitch with pictures.

www.trx450r.org/index.php?showtopic=546

It also shows where I remounted my light. If you have any questions PM me.

Shawn H
05-18-2004, 09:02 AM
You can unplug the temp light

for the key switch connect the red and black and the other 2 go to your tether switch dont matter which wire goes where. your fan will still work.

roughrider01
05-18-2004, 05:38 PM
I put my oil light and ignition switch on my hood, closest to the bars. Wanted to keep my oil light visible if it ever happened to start glowing.

Now i just want to get rid of my light/ hot start assembly. I know some YFZ'ers just clamped it to the frame like you would to the bars, but i cant find a place on the frame that would work. Maybe if i look harder i will, time to go search.

PEPwalshZ440
05-18-2004, 06:26 PM
i just put them on either side of the plastic left and right where the graphics are....kind.. On upper portion of plastic, looks real cool and barely noticable