PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Raush Damage Report

CatMostFeared
05-17-2004, 05:04 PM
This was the roughest track I've ever been.
I beat up my frame skid and bent my rear skid so bad the rear shock linage was rubbing so I lost the rear suspension.Broke my Ohlins steering damper and lost it.Bent my front a-arm straight.:mad:

So Post your damage but remeber not to cry about the track this XC racing that means any be ready for anything.If you dont like racing in the rough stuff take up MX.:rolleyes:

I think every track should have different elements.I prefer tight woods and mud and some flat stuff and I love those hill climbs.

Sure I bang my YFZ up but I had a blast and will be back next Year.:D :rolleyes:

Heres some nerf damage I wanted new anyway.

CatMostFeared
05-17-2004, 05:05 PM
A-arm damage
Going to order Houser's

CatMostFeared
05-17-2004, 05:06 PM
Frame Skid took a licken.:macho

roostin_dale
05-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by CatMostFeared
.If you dont like racing in the rough stuff take up MX.:rolleyes:

:mad: and what is that suppose to mean??:grr: lmao

Karizz
05-17-2004, 05:14 PM
My damage wasnt too bad .....just tie rod...I ordered a set of BURGURDS this morning...

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=1091757

CatMostFeared
05-17-2004, 05:15 PM
It means you dont have dodge trees and run over rocks the size of Basket balls and you dont have to ride your quad under water.

I didnt say MX was easier it doesnt tear up as mush stuff.:eek2:

Karizz
05-17-2004, 05:20 PM
oops...i meant Burgard's...but you guys knew what i meant..:blah:

300exHILLER
05-17-2004, 05:38 PM
Just a bent skid plate and lost a front sprocket bolt which costed me alot of time.

roostin_dale
05-17-2004, 05:41 PM
lol..i knew what you ment, i was just givin ya a hard time...

It means you dont have dodge trees and run over rocks the size of Basket balls and you dont have to ride your quad under water.

I didnt say MX was easier it doesnt tear up as mush stuff.:eek2:

CatMostFeared
05-17-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
lol..i knew what you ment, i was just givin ya a hard time... :D

ex kid
05-17-2004, 06:34 PM
belly skid has taken a nice new shape, the oil drain hole has become about 3 inches wider, lost two mounts for thatm and a large rock made a new mount hole

swinger skid has two nice galgues in it from the chain and rotor rubbing, and broke one mount

axle nut backed off and i wonderd why it was pulling to the right so bad

M300ex03
05-17-2004, 06:37 PM
well i raced with a front flat the whole race but i am afraid to look at the front end till V.A lol and does anyone have a 300ex bumber (sp)

cdalejef
05-17-2004, 07:06 PM
Only thing I need to replace is the swingarm skid. Everything else came out undamaged. :macho

roostin_dale
05-17-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Only thing I need to replace is the swingarm skid. Everything else came out undamaged. :macho

good ol' cannondale...right Jeff?:D

cletusEX
05-17-2004, 07:27 PM
I didn't do too much major damage. I probably need new skids and maybe new clutch plates. I haven't really gone over the quad but I'm sure there is some more stuff I haven't seen.:blah:

Wingnut
05-17-2004, 07:49 PM
I faired fairly well I guess. The swingarm skid needs work, I busted one of the beadlock rings, the coolant is leaking, a motor mount lost its bolts, and almost lost the rear brake pads and sprocket. But it was worth it!

1fastprototype
05-17-2004, 08:08 PM
Cracked my lonestar chassis, broke motor mount, cracked silencer,bent a-arm,lost rear skid plate, then bent rear sproket continuing, lost coolant followed by rings soon after. And the wife just can't understand why we love this sport so much. Sure am glad I didn't crash who knows what I might have broken:macho

muff
05-17-2004, 08:14 PM
lost the swingarm skid plate, need a new swingarm, and a new spindle (hit a tree and snapped mine around mile 7)

and this track sure whooped my arse for the little time i was out there. i got in 2 bottle necks and stuck on a pile of rocks, that sucked so bad

CatMostFeared
05-17-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Wingnut
I faired fairly well I guess. The swingarm skid needs work, I busted one of the beadlock rings, the coolant is leaking, a motor mount lost its bolts, and almost lost the rear brake pads and sprocket. But it was worth it!

Hell yeah it was worth it good job Wingnut on 1st overall.

ajr400ex
05-17-2004, 10:24 PM
Flat front tire and one trashed rim from riding on the flat. PRM skids held up. The swingarm skid may need a little work. May have cut the coolant line too.

rowlrag
05-17-2004, 10:54 PM
Uhhh, list?
1. NOTHING BROKE or lost :D

Meek
05-17-2004, 10:55 PM
Bent a Houser Stem, when I did a Superman without the seat grab

2 Hiper rings

I have slits in all four of my tires, thank God for Tire Balls

Swing arm skid, now has a custom look to it

300racer
05-17-2004, 10:59 PM
my sock plastic swingarm skid dosn't protect the chain or rotor any more

CatMostFeared
05-18-2004, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by rowlrag
Uhhh, list?
1. NOTHING BROKE or lost :D
:eek: You have lost your mind

Meek
05-18-2004, 03:09 AM
Marty

Did I show good form when I did my flip?

QuadRacer041
05-18-2004, 04:16 AM
i think this years coarse was much easier then the one they had set up from last year.
who did last years race at raisch too and what do you guys think??
what coarse was tuffer, this year or last year.

anyway i think my only damage is a bent houser stem, i hit a rock and rolled over.

crayfz
05-18-2004, 04:44 AM
I think its all right, raced the same quad Sunday and it finished.

lt250r91
05-18-2004, 05:48 AM
Ok get ready for a my list:

Bent the crap out of the grab bar
broke both mounts on the silencer
cracked the rear plastic to the point I also lost one whole fender
lost the front brakes on the last lap
bent a lower a-arm up pretty bad.
Front flat tire

These are all the things I have found so far and I haven't even started to look the quad over or anything yet so I'm sure there will be more.

Go to love racing..... Just not that track. I thought the wisp was bad 2 years ago. Wrong again this track was a combo of wisp and the penton 2 years ago, dusty and extremely rocky. I would have to say this by far is the worst track I was ever ran and could care less about going back. I've already ready boycotted FL maybe I need to able Rausch to that list.

Doibugu2
05-18-2004, 06:48 AM
Its a good thing I'm just a casual rider and don't come to many races. That track sounds just brutal.

CMF, that skidplate is ridculous.:eek:

05-18-2004, 07:25 AM
I'll probably get some pics of my damage tonight.

I think my body has more damage than the quad. Everyone on Team quadshop made fun of me all night after the race saying I looked like I had something stuck up my butt when I walked due to the major limp i was sporting....:grr: :mad:

I"m gonna borrow a quad for next years race....:devil:

ranger400ex
05-18-2004, 07:31 AM
a few scratches on the stock plastic dale skids and thats it....glad I didn't run the alumium swinger skid...it woulda been trashed. Just a bunch of scratches everywhere....got lucky!! Kenda's held up great.

Admin
05-18-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Everyone on Team quadshop made fun of me all night after the race saying I looked like I had something stuck up my butt

We all know the TRUTH:cool:

Doibugu2
05-18-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I'll probably get some pics of my damage tonight.

I think my body has more damage than the quad. Everyone on Team quadshop made fun of me all night after the race saying I looked like I had something stuck up my butt when I walked due to the major limp i was sporting....:grr: :mad:

I"m gonna borrow a quad for next years race....:devil:

Why was the UL there?

Thorsdad
05-18-2004, 09:50 AM
Dead battery and 4 or 5 spots in class, ok on everything else. Vet #93 Scott

CatMostFeared
05-18-2004, 12:39 PM
ouch
Originally posted by lt250r91
Ok get ready for a my list:

Bent the crap out of the grab bar
broke both mounts on the silencer
cracked the rear plastic to the point I also lost one whole fender
lost the front brakes on the last lap
bent a lower a-arm up pretty bad.
Front flat tire

:eek2: ouch sounds like you still had fun.

EASTHILL
05-18-2004, 12:52 PM
skids are shot-
left lower a-arm has major tweek-
roll design $$$$$ ouch!!

tire balls make me fearless,my quad was not happy.

beadlock rings trashed

I have no regrets-

thanks for the cold towel popo !
:)

cdalejef
05-18-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by EASTHILL

thanks for the cold towel popo !
:) WHERE WAS MINE!!! :grr:

05-18-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by EASTHILL
skids are shot-
left lower a-arm has major tweek-

Glad I"m not alone....:(

popo
05-18-2004, 02:03 PM
WHERE WAS MINE!!! :grr:

Marty used it to wash his butt crack

cdalejef
05-18-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by popo
Marty used it to wash his butt crack I heard that you washed Marty! :eek2:

seatec
05-18-2004, 02:08 PM
Man, sales will be good this motnh for the Shop owners.:eek2: :D

popo
05-18-2004, 02:10 PM
I heard that you washed Marty! :eek2:

He made me do it. Said wash my back off and some day I will be just like him.

jja125
05-18-2004, 02:22 PM
amazingly my stock swingarm skidplate lasted the whole race, but the sprocket & rotor wore holes through it. only other damage i saw was major gouges in my rims. ordered a new .25" prm skid today.

gnccracing.com has the atv picture gallery up right now.

CatMostFeared
05-18-2004, 05:16 PM
He made me do it. Said wash my back off and some day I will be just like him.

Thanks popo for helping me get the dirt out of my cracks:eek:

660bigdaddy
05-18-2004, 06:33 PM
i now have custom bent a arms. no longer are they gull wing design. lol
took a sledge to my rear skid. and have some front rims to straight out. other than that. i rode like a sissy. and lived to see the checkered. first race back after having knee surgery 3 weeks ago.:D

spincr4hire
05-18-2004, 06:37 PM
Thanks popo for helping me get the dirt out of my cracks:eek:

was it a tongue bath?:eek:

05-18-2004, 07:45 PM
i snapped off my subframe on my z 400, bent header pipe, and the caliper bolts snapped off. and i only did 1 1/2 laps. glad i did nt go 4 laps. i might have had to go get a shovel and a wagon to pick up the rest of it.

countypark
05-18-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by crayfz
I think its all right, raced the same quad Sunday and it finished.

Did you win on Sunday also?

TJL
05-18-2004, 08:08 PM
my day was awsome till the 3rd lap and my fuel pump over heated and shut the bike off... then it cold off and i finished that lap... and a broken skid plate..other then that one hell of a day

Kilabanshee
05-18-2004, 08:19 PM
At the normal mx track I had to get helicoptered out, My quad got a bent tie rod, bent stem, bent bars, possibly bent front rims and a few other things. I suffered head trauma and other emergency thing in the helicopter and am happy to be alive and well today beacuse they said I was one of the luckyest kids in there.

bradley300
05-18-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Kilabanshee
At the normal mx track I had to get helicoptered out, My quad got a bent tie rod, bent stem, bent bars, possibly bent front rims and a few other things. I suffered head trauma and other emergency thing in the helicopter and am happy to be alive and well today beacuse they said I was one of the luckyest kids in there.

you win the most damage prize then! hope your alright.

i'll be back next year, yeah it was a rough track and i could have broke alot, but i didnt sign up for an xc race expect to run on hardpack all day, so i'll be back

Meek
05-18-2004, 11:12 PM
Are the GAY a-arms ok?

lt250r91
05-19-2004, 05:31 AM
ouch

:eek2: ouch sounds like you still had fun.

I was having fun until the 3rd lap. That is when I started wrecking. I learn something at that race. Sleep is very important.

I had just got back from a vacation in Reno. NV and don't have any sleep since Wednesday night. Driving 6 hours to a race by myself and getting 4 1/2 hours sleep and then trying to race is not something I will do again.

TJL

On the last lap I too experienced the fuel overheating and shutting down the quad. After about 10 minutes of letting the fan run I was able to finish the race. It started doing it again right after I crossed the finish line. I think this happen do to the amount of tight section where you could move fast enough to push enough air through the quad.

See everyone at Va.

Mike

popo
05-19-2004, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
was it a tongue bath?:eek:

Edit by Admin

gizmocor
05-19-2004, 10:33 AM
Bent the Subframe, and Axle, sheared off some bolts, of course trashed the glide plates, and I am sure I will find a lot more once I actually go through it. Also hurt my wrist really bad and haven't been walking right since the race. Kudos to Yamaha though, cause despite a first lap crash (where most all of the damage happened) I finish all the laps at Rausch and raced locally with my twisted up quad and body the next day!! Kinda of wondering if that was a good idea now though:confused: :confused: :confused:

popo
05-19-2004, 01:14 PM
Edit by Admin

Aw man they took away my finger thingy

bradley300
05-19-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Meek
Are the GAY a-arms ok?

those pimpin purple a-arms held up aewsome, not even missin any spraypaint

cheetah
05-19-2004, 09:50 PM
A blown rear Elka and I'm leaking oil out of a small hole under my impellar. So looks like Jeffry gets some of my money this week.

05-22-2004, 05:40 PM
New lower A-arm soon to be on order,....:mad:

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/2004_gncc_pics/RauschCreek/arm.jpg

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/2004_gncc_pics/RauschCreek/arm3.jpg

Elka Linkage rubbed the skid pretty good...:huh

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/2004_gncc_pics/RauschCreek/linkage.jpg

After some sledge hammer wailing it's ready for the next race..:macho

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/2004_gncc_pics/RauschCreek/skid.jpg

putt-putt#5
05-22-2004, 09:35 PM
Karizzhelp me withj this probly i have i have a 200 250 trailbazer i am alwayz gettign made fun of bcuz my wheeler is slo whow can i make it faster so i can keep up with a 400 ex and beat him

Karizz
05-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Karizz suggests you get a nitrous oxide system and run Klotz 113 and pray to Allah when you hit the button,this my son will make you faster then your belittling freinds! ;)

*****Please note Karizz's reference to "Allah" has no terrorist nor any political ties,,,it just sounds "All Knowing"*****

05-23-2004, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by putt-putt#5
Karizzhelp me withj this probly i have i have a 200 250 trailbazer i am alwayz gettign made fun of bcuz my wheeler is slo whow can i make it faster so i can keep up with a 400 ex and beat him

Sorry dude but you'll never make it faster unless you wanna spend over $2,000.

Splatter Matter
05-23-2004, 06:54 AM
A-arm damage
Going to order Houser's

WOW thanks for putting that pic up on the A-arms .
I for got how you did that.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=1094148

Kilabanshee
05-23-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
you win the most damage prize then! hope your alright.

i'll be back next year, yeah it was a rough track and i could have broke alot, but i didnt sign up for an xc race expect to run on hardpack all day, so i'll be back

Yeah I did have alot of damadge on myself but the quad ended up not having all that bad of damadge done to it. Me, ralph and a few other members didnot have the best of luck up at rausch that day.