PDA

View Full Version : Red Bud

400exBro
05-17-2004, 03:44 PM
who is all going to be at red bud???

this is going to be my first national, to bad i ain't racing, but i can't wait to see the pros like farr and gust!!!!

if you give me your number and class maybe i will get a picture of you...

parkers30
05-17-2004, 06:11 PM
I'm debating going but it would a $100 weekend just to watch a race, I'm kinda doubting it

roostin_dale
05-17-2004, 06:14 PM
i've been planning to race up there for a long time now. But my sisters High School graduation just got changed to this weekend, can't make it:(

A4StrokeGuy
05-17-2004, 06:24 PM
Well i'll be there all weekend, won't be racing, stupid broken wrist. This year should be interesting, they just rebuilt a chunk of the track and put in a 100+yard strech of sand whoops, and this past weekend, Gust came down and ran our local race and even he had sum issues with them:eek2:

400exBro
05-17-2004, 06:58 PM
awsome!!!!
i am coming all the way from ontario Canada, so it will be a long drive i will be there sometime saturday....

where are some good places to get pictures and video footage?? big air, whoops stufff like that??
anyone know what they are calling for this weekend??

Jen696
05-17-2004, 09:04 PM
Hey I'll be there, racin womens b/c. I also raced there last weekend and that track is awesome! The new whoop section is pretty tough but fun. Yup it was cool ta see Doug whoop up on some locals. He is soooo fast. Can't wait ta see the pros race there. There was some serious carnage in the quad a / b race.
That canyon jump's a bigg'un.

quadchick3
05-18-2004, 09:46 AM
I'll be there racing Womens B/C also :p . #3 red 426ex.

hows that step up this year?? any different from last year?

A4StrokeGuy
05-18-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Jen696
Hey I'll be there, racin womens b/c. I also raced there last weekend and that track is awesome! The new whoop section is pretty tough but fun. Yup it was cool ta see Doug whoop up on some locals. He is soooo fast. Can't wait ta see the pros race there. There was some serious carnage in the quad a / b race.
That canyon jump's a bigg'un.

You wouldn't happen to have been the one on the white 400ex?? My friend in moto 1 in B class broke his collarbone on the double double on the last lap. There were four quads and four riders all over the track at the same time, its defiantly a big jump, its how i broke my wrist also. Well assuming your the girl on the white EX i think i have a pic of you from last years LOL race at dutch, enjoy

jordan

Jen696
05-18-2004, 12:50 PM
Hey Ya that is me Cool pic thanks! Dutch track is soo much fun I really like it and will definitely be back sometime this year.

At Red Bud: That double double is pretty intense to watch I never did it but it sure was collecting quads at 1 point 2 quads were crashed out up there tangled with each other and then in comes another 1 right into the 1st 2. No yellow was out I noticed.

Did ya happen to see the guy that high sided his quad on the tunnel turn and fell off his quad to the bottom and then his quad fell on him upside down from like 10' in the air???? I hope he's OK.

and Hey Katelynn, I have never been to Red Bud until last weekend so I don't know if it's the same or not... Sorry. No one said anything about it being any different tho..
lookin forward ta meeting all you quadgirls. Met a few last year at Casey which is the only national I've ever been to so far.
I am also on a 426ex - #696:devil:

hondamxer161
05-18-2004, 01:18 PM
I was at the LOL national at Dutch last year too! i didnt have such a great day, ripped a chain in half.....
I'll be at Red Bud, either watching, pitcrewing for my buddy, or maybe run 250b or 4stroke B.

mike

quadchick3
05-18-2004, 01:25 PM
Jen ill look forward to meetin ya then! Who knows maybe we'll have a nice little battle out there on the track this weekend (all in good fun though of course). Ill be the short chick with brown hair walkin around lol.

Im really hoping it doesnt rain on us this weekend like last year.

roostin_dale
05-18-2004, 02:30 PM
Jen696..do you race the C class at Walnut in Illinois? i think i have seen you there...

A4StrokeGuy
05-18-2004, 02:35 PM
Weather: www.wndu.com is your best chance at a decent forcast, from what i've heard its supposed to be in the 80's but there's a chance of rain everyday between now and sunday.

Those two quads that were stuck together on the double double, well one was my friend and he started the pile up, and yes the yellow flag was never out, the flaggers are morons:mad: I've only done the double double a few times, the first time i did it i about crapped my pants:huh I didn't see the guy high side the turn, i was actually sitting down by the double double for the 2nd moto, i saw the medical team running down the hill, and wasn't sure what happened.

Dutch has also added sum crazy lips to there jumps compared to what they were before, i'll have to find my pics of them. As for last years LOL race i crashed twice and about had everything go wrong, i got last in my class

Jen696
05-18-2004, 03:13 PM
Roostin_Dale... yep that's me. So far this year I've been racing district 17 races at Byron and Walnut except for redbud last wknd. and doin a lot of practicin. Tryin ta get ready for some nationals. I've raced 10 races in 7 weeks and haven't raced a woman yet and I'm pretty excited about it. I know there's some fast girls out there.

Jordan...yeah that flag chick by the double double should have that yellow flag stuck up her *****. That was pretty dangerous.

All I want for this weekend is NO MUD

roostin_dale
05-18-2004, 03:24 PM
i thought that was you! I was standing next to you at the riders meeting. (Seth gave a good one didn't he?? lol)

I won the youth 13-15 class. Practice was hell from the mud, but the motos turned out to be nice...

here are some pics if you saw me...?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid115/pbcbce0b88f736d78a2ea1b67e0ce7468/f8cb64f9.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid115/pdbdaa2edef56d9a6c79002ce384a7416/f8cb64fe.jpg

Jen696
05-18-2004, 03:29 PM
Hey ya I saw you! Nice job! no more mud PLeaSE! but you're right the motos were good but me and my bike needed power washing after practice. :grr: I hate mud.

you mean the driver's meeting about T-shirts for sale?lol

Jen #696

roostin_dale
05-18-2004, 03:35 PM
yep, i ended up buying one of the dang t-shirts too, lol

I had a pressure washer in my trailer so i washed it up after practice, would have let you use it if ya asked, lol

Jen696
05-18-2004, 03:58 PM
Oh we had one. I got my bike washed. the entire front of my pants had like 30lbs of mud on 'em. :grr:
I wore my snocross gear for practice, and changed into my mx gear before the 1st moto. I seriously need some new gear. :o

roostin_dale
05-18-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Jen696

I wore my snocross gear for practice

yea i saw that..i was wondering what it was. Looked like some kind of street bike gear..

RG #43
05-18-2004, 07:22 PM
I'll be there too, racin
ladies B, production B and 4 stroke B. #43 blue Yfz450. I'll be sure to look for you gals b4 the racin and say hi;)

parkers30
05-18-2004, 07:50 PM
any body coming through/near Peoria, IL on the way that I could jump a ride with?

parkers30
05-20-2004, 07:52 PM
nobody? guess I'm not going then... to much $$$ to just go watch a race

400exBro
05-21-2004, 05:25 AM
if there is enough rain will they cancel the race???

looking at the forcast chance of rain on sunday with t-storms, what would happen, would the promotor cancel the pro races as well as the other races???

parkers30
05-21-2004, 07:38 AM
they postponed the second moto at the last GNC due to the rain, but the pro's actually made the decision have the second moto, I'm sure it depends on the promoter