PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Jet Kit or... How much power????

04'400ex'er
05-17-2004, 12:21 PM
Should I purchase A Jet Kit for around $50 or just buy 3-4 individual jets to save money? I need a little extra power and I'm going to buy a K&N filter with Pro Design adaptor plate and Outerwears and a Outerwears airbox lid. I am assuming If I re jet I will get a little extra power. What do you think?

MrTrendy1
05-17-2004, 12:48 PM
I think the general mass will tell you just to buy three jets or something and forget the kit. I for one got the kit but I bought a power pack which included a k&n, outerwears, k&n recharge kit, and the dynojets. I ended up using a 160 main with my setup. I also have a WB E-series with no discs or spark arrestor and I also run no airbox lid. I don't live too far from OK either and my setup works great for me. If I were you, I would get the jets you need and go with that. I have seen kits on ebay that are power kits, the Quadworks stage 2 kit I believe has the k&n, an adapter plate, the outerwears, and the dynojets. I think the kit is quite a bit of money though, over $150??

Here is a link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&tc=photo&item=2473887396&category=43977

MrTrendy1
05-17-2004, 12:58 PM
I forgot to mention to you also. With my setup, the WB E-series no discs and spark arrestor, no airlid, k&n, etc.. I noticed quite a bit of torque. It took me a little tuning to get it just right but after puting the 160 main jet on, I got the throttle response to be ideal and the torque to really get me lifted up easily. I can raise the fronts easily in 3rd gear and I generally just start off in 2nd gear now. I have no other mods yet either.

04'400ex'er
05-17-2004, 06:35 PM
Are dynojets any better than mikuni's? What is the stock mainjet? Can you buy individual dynojets at your local delar? Wouldent your jettin be different with a slipon mrtrendy?

04'400ex'er
05-17-2004, 07:20 PM
I have pretty much decided on getting the larger Mikuni's and savin my money. How much power do you think I will get with an oversize K&N, Bigger main jet, Outerwears lid, removed S/A? I know it won't be much but would it be worth it?

04'400ex'er
05-17-2004, 08:51 PM
bump.

cals400ex
05-18-2004, 12:15 AM
with those mods you will gain a little bit when jetted properly. make sure you get keihin jets for the 400ex, NOT mikuni. the 400ex's carb is a keihin.

jetting changes as you modify your bike, the temp changes, the humidity changes, the altitude changes, etc.

MrTrendy1
05-18-2004, 07:08 AM
I don't know what the stock jet was, someone with a lot more knowledge that me should pipe in and tell us here. As for better? I don't know about any of them being better than others. From what I have seen, a jet is basically a jet. I didn't rejet mine until I put my slipon on there with all the mods I have. I didn't think changing them without mods was beneficial.

Do you plan on getting a pipe 04'400ex?

04'400ex'er
05-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by MrTrendy1
I don't know what the stock jet was, someone with a lot more knowledge that me should pipe in and tell us here. As for better? I don't know about any of them being better than others. From what I have seen, a jet is basically a jet. I didn't rejet mine until I put my slipon on there with all the mods I have. I didn't think changing them without mods was beneficial.

Do you plan on getting a pipe 04'400ex?

Far down the road once i get it payed for. maybe end of of summer.

MrTrendy1
05-18-2004, 11:42 AM
What pipe do you look to get? Are you going to do just a slip on or get the full system?

04'400ex'er
05-18-2004, 11:47 AM
Probably the Sparks X6

04'400ex'er
05-18-2004, 11:48 AM
The reason I was asking about the jets if any were better, was because I know the Dynojets are of a different shape.

MrTrendy1
05-18-2004, 02:56 PM
I believe that the Keihin stock was hex shaped while Dynojets are round. I don't think it matters though. Someone correct me if I am wrong but the shape of the jet is unimportant compared to the size of the flow allowed. They all should be designed with the proper engineering to allow more or less fuel flow regardless to if it is hex or round or even square or triangular.

cals400ex
05-18-2004, 09:42 PM
the length of the jets should be similar though. i think the dynojets are shorter but that is why they have an adaptor, i believe anyways.

MrTrendy1
05-19-2004, 06:57 AM
You're right, they do have an adapter. I totally forgot about that thing in mine. So I guess they are shorter but the adapter is wide open while the jet itself is sized right.

cals400ex
05-19-2004, 12:53 PM
yeah, i don't know if the actually size of the holes in the dynojet is differernt or the shape of the hole is different or just the needle in the kit is different. however, the numbering pattern for dynojet and keihin is not the same. i would like to remind you that if you run a different needle, there is a good chance your mainjet will need to be changed depending if the needle is leaner or richer. for example, if you run a lean needle, you will need to go to a larger mainjet (in certain circumstances, this can cause quite a bit jump in mainjet sizes too).

MrTrendy1
05-19-2004, 03:37 PM
I got the Dynojet kit and it came with a needle. I compared the needle with the stock one and they appeared to be identicle. I left mine in the middle or third notch on the needle and I run a 160 dynojet. What would the 160 compare to in the keihin jets? Would it be a 155 or 152?

cals400ex
05-19-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by MrTrendy1
I got the Dynojet kit and it came with a needle. I compared the needle with the stock one and they appeared to be identicle. I left mine in the middle or third notch on the needle and I run a 160 dynojet. What would the 160 compare to in the keihin jets? Would it be a 155 or 152?

i am not exactly positive. i am sure the needle is a bit different even if it isn't noticable with the naked eye. i have been told that a 160 keihin is equivalent to a smaller dynojet, so possibly a 155 or so. however, i am not exactly sure.

try to get ahold of ewalker from this site. he has done some fairly extensive tuning with the dynojets. i, myself, only used the keihin jets.

MrTrendy1
05-20-2004, 07:07 AM
I think I should have done the same and just got the Keihin jets but I got a package deal that came with a filter, prefilter, recharge kit, and the dynojets. It was a good price so I went ahead and got it.

thame2010
05-20-2004, 03:43 PM
get the WB Intake Power Up Kit from PRM-ATV, it comes with a K&N filter, outerwears, recharger kit, instructions and the dynojet kit. all that: $120

MrTrendy1
05-21-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by thame2010
get the WB Intake Power Up Kit from PRM-ATV, it comes with a K&N filter, outerwears, recharger kit, instructions and the dynojet kit. all that: $120

Everyone has these kits, I got my kit from magicracing.com and it was only $109, $118 shipped to me. It has everything listed there as well. The closest local shop was going to sell it to me for $150, and it was the WB kit.