PDA

View Full Version : Knarly MX tire......Who has them?????

QuadJunkies
05-17-2004, 11:50 AM
I would like some feedback on these . I am trying to decide on whether to get the KnarlyMX or the Klaws for a rear tiree..Im REALLY liking the tread pattern of the Knarly and how its tread pattern is spaced out a bit... These Turf Tamers for the Sandy,mud like track we have here isnt cuttin the cheese.....:grr:

05-17-2004, 12:57 PM
Tina I've found that the radial fronts and grooved tamers went out with Gary Denton. It's 2004 and there are much better tires on the market. Get the kenda's up front and back and you'll wonder why in the hell you wasted money on old 80's tires..:eek:

The only MX tire i've not ran is razrs but I can say the kendas up front and in the rear blow holeshots and the tires mentioned above out of the water, hands down, period. The conditions you ride/race in that i've seen in the pics are begging to be roosted with Kendas..:D

QuadJunkies
05-17-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Tina I've found that the radial fronts and grooved tamers went out with Gary Denton. It's 2004 and there are much better tires on the market. Get the kenda's up front and back and you'll wonder why in the hell you wasted money on old 80's tires..:eek:

The only MX tire i've not ran is razrs but I can say the kendas up front and in the rear blow holeshots and the tires mentioned above out of the water, hands down, period. The conditions you ride/race in that i've seen in the pics are begging to be roosted with Kendas..:D I do have the Klaws on my fronts:D but I flattrack with my Tamers..This is all Ive had since Fall.....:(

Wish I could afford a set of BOTH to try......:blah:

QuadJunkies
05-17-2004, 01:03 PM
How do Klaws do on this type of stuff.......We have alot od Dessert here also.......

jmoney45
05-17-2004, 01:09 PM
A good thing about the Klaws is they are directional, one way for hard terrain and the other way for soft. I've run mine both ways and find it does make a difference depending on conditions. I won't buy any other tire now.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
05-17-2004, 04:44 PM
Jmoney45 summed it up. :cool:

BeltSlipper
05-17-2004, 09:50 PM
We just put Kendra Klaws on front. And I won't purchase any other tire. Out performed the Holeshots hands down.

QuadJunkies
05-17-2004, 11:55 PM
Im VERY happy with the fronts for sure.Have any of you ran the Knarly??? Just curious about them..I have a feeling that Ill end up with the Klaws for rears and at another time buy the Knarly just to see how they work........

cdalejef
05-18-2004, 07:05 AM
I run the Knarly's for XC and prefer them over Klaws. For hard pack the Klaws would be better tho.

jhr400EX
05-18-2004, 10:41 AM
I love my Knarly's, they grip well everywhere.

#1racer
05-18-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I would like some feedback on these . I am trying to decide on whether to get the KnarlyMX or the Klaws for a rear tiree..Im REALLY liking the tread pattern of the Knarly and how its tread pattern is spaced out a bit... These Turf Tamers for the Sandy,mud like track we have here isnt cuttin the cheese.....:grr:

I would recomend you get razr they are a good tire for all terains.

QuadJunkies
05-18-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by #1racer
I would recomend you get razr they are a good tire for all terains. there not great for around here actually. Weve had three sets and sold all of them but the 6 ply for any Nationals we may go to.....