PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Online Manual

Pladeaux
05-17-2004, 10:56 AM
Hi,
I ride a yfz450 but my pal rides a 400ex at this time. He has two of them actually and got me interested to buy my own. I owe him big time for getting me interested in the sport. He doesnt take good care of his machines. Basically, he rides them till they break.

Last time we went riding together, we took my ToyBox and his 400ex stayed in my possesion afterwards. I offered to wash it up and such when i did mine. After I got started I realized what bad shape his ride was in and decided to do his maitenance along with mine. Well one thing led to another and I started putting some real time into it. I fixed his emergency brake that never worked, pulled off his shift lever and straightened it back to something resembling normal, changed his worn out grips for new ones, cleaned his airfilter that hadnt been cleaned in like 18 months, (yuch).....and bought an oil filter. I am ready now to change the oil but I really dont know squat about where the filter is or if there is any tricky procedure involved. I just downloaded a nice online manual for my yfz and was hoping that there might be one for the 400ex lurking about web. If anyone can help me out with any of this please......

Thanks,
Plad

Pladeaux
05-17-2004, 01:35 PM
Well I found the oil change sequence in the tech articles. Duh!!
I should have looked before I posted. It still would be nice to find an online Manual i could download.

Plad

ewalker302
05-17-2004, 06:23 PM
All the sites that used to have the factory manuals posted have taken them down (copyright infringement).

:bandit:

Pladeaux
05-17-2004, 08:09 PM
ah thx Ewalker,
at least I got my yfz450 manual on pdf before they do the same.

Rickster400EX
05-19-2004, 07:27 PM
I have a 400EX electroinc manual - sent me an email & I send you a link rick@trademarkshirts.com

Rick

Blunts
05-26-2004, 12:49 PM
I am ready now to change the oil but I really dont know squat about where the filter is or if there is any tricky procedure involved. I just downloaded a nice online manual for my yfz and was hoping that there might be one for the 400ex lurking about web. If anyone can help me out with any of this please......

Thanks,
Plad

I just changed my oil for the first tijme last nite. I found this on the web and it really helped, basically a step by step. Trust me it's simple. Just expect it to be a little messy. esp when you pull off the oil filter cover. lol

http://absoluteatv.com/absoluteatv_046.htm

If you follow the directions you shouldnt have a problem.

NorCal Patriot
06-06-2004, 05:10 PM
check out this site:

http://www.roostingthedunes.com

go to the forums section and register. They have most of the popular quad maunals online there.. I have downloaded ones for the yfz450, my z400, and my riding buddies 400ex.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

miken
06-08-2004, 09:51 AM
Nice tip NorCAL, unfortunitely no 300ex there for me. Any other links?
Thanks in advance, Mike -

Blunts
06-08-2004, 10:10 AM
yeah norcal thanks alot! appreciate it.

06-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Hey plad, can i bring my bike down to you to fix for me?? Jk Tell your friend he is damn lucky to have a pal like you cleaning his bike and stuff, heck none of my friends wont do nothin for me :p :blah: :D