PDA

View Full Version : EdleBrock QuickSilver Carb!?!? HELP!

BSchorr
05-16-2004, 09:26 PM
I just traded in my o4 Rancher ES 4x4 for this race ready hoped up 400ex to 460ex and it comes with the EdleBrock Quicksilver Carb, well when i traded for it, there is no choke lever, then i was told that it is auto air flow adjustable, well every moring or if it sits for a while, and i try to start it, it start and then die, its like the choke only stays closed for a second, any tips?, anyone own it? i looked it up and it retails for $450, so i must have gotten some good **** with this wheeler, here is a pic

What ya guys think?

2001 400EX (460EX)
after market head and over size piston=463cc!!!
Holeshots xc's all around
LRD Full exhaust ($749)
EdleBrock QuickSilver Car ($450)
After market 2in1 battery/k&N airfilter box (Awsome!)

http://www.rcscene.com/gallery/data/500/50P5160132-med.JPG

JustRace
05-17-2004, 10:37 AM
The carb is real easy to work on. Check your spark plug to see if its running rich or not. There isn't exactly a choke, but there is an enrichener on the side of the carb. Also on my 440ex I don't need to use the choke no matter how long it has sat or how cold it is.

When I got my carb it was rich on the idle to 1/4 throttle and it would start up then stall. Eventually if fouled the plug. So I would check your plug, and if you have the manual to the carb I would look at it and trouble shoot from there its pretty easy if you have everything that came with the carb.