PDA

View Full Version : WB R4 slip on

kaneman23
03-20-2002, 09:30 AM
Many people on here talk about the E-series but never the R4. Has anyone installed an R4 or compared them with the E-series. I have the E-series now and want to go with something louder and have been considering this pipe. Anyone installed the Powerbomb header with any of the WB pipes?

spincr4hire
03-20-2002, 12:24 PM
According to Marcum's, the R4 and the Pro Circuit T-4 are the same pipe, so buy the T-4 and save yourself some $$$.

kaneman23
03-20-2002, 01:40 PM
yeah I read that too, but I still think there is more difference in them, then just appearance. The R4 is only $20 more... Has anyone heard any news on the new\improved Big Gun that is supposed to be coming out. I heard it a while back and just don't know if it is out yet. My buddy just bought a big gun Race slip on, it sounded really good and he got good gains out of it without rejetting. He could probably use a rejet but it is running nice. That is the first time I have seen the big gun race pipe.

03-20-2002, 01:43 PM
Terry Marcum told me on the phone that in his latest pipe shootout the NEW Big gun complete system was the best made and put out the most power over all the others and that it was his top pick.

James70214
03-20-2002, 02:15 PM
I got the r4 and love it. It is loud though, louder then the e series.

400exredrider
03-20-2002, 07:41 PM
why would u wanna get rid f the e series!!!!! if you want it louder get one of them racing things there only like 30 bux from WB and there VERY LOUD THAT way if ANYTHING i think my e series is too loud already and also i called the WB guy and he said both are good pipes but the E series is way better just his opinion he said....... DONT GET RIDD OF THE E SERIES i think there the best pipes made...........agian just my opinion but yeah

kaneman23
03-20-2002, 09:58 PM
I don't want to get rid of the e series but I would like to have another pipe I can switch between every now and then depending on where I am riding and who I am riding with. For example near my house I would want something quiet. For trail riding when all of my buddies have there Curtis Sparks, FMF, and other louder pipes, I would to be loud as well...lol.... I like the E series sound and performance, but I have to keep up with the DB's on my buddies bike... Just a stupid competition thing I guess. But performance is definately more important then sound. I want to gain all the performance I can from the pipe..

PsychoDave
03-21-2002, 06:31 AM
I have the R-4 and all my buddies say they can hear me over the other quads......i mean over a DS650, a raptor, cannondale...i love the loud pipe....plus it is still very fast

03-23-2002, 09:13 AM
my t-4 is pretty dang loud too!!