PDA

View Full Version : whick elka is better for mx?

mxhonda86
05-16-2004, 06:56 PM
which elka shock is better for mx? the elka triple rates or the quadrates?...also which is better the piggybacks or the remote rezzies for mx? thanks

nacs400ex
05-16-2004, 07:00 PM
Choosing between piggyback and remote resivoir is personal preference, they both perform exactly the same. As for the best shock elka has Quadrate Elite Long travel. But Im guessing your just looking for a cheap but good working setup. I would recommend the triple rates standard travel compression adj. w/ ssd.

mxhonda86
05-16-2004, 07:08 PM
so the quadrates are better then the triple rates for mx? thanks

Tommy 17
05-16-2004, 07:20 PM
a quad rate long travel is better then a triple rate std travel... they are longer which gives them more room to valve...

with quad rates u need to have special a-arms (19 inch shocks) where triple rate (16 inch shocks) u need std travel a-arms... long travel costs a bit more then the std travel...

u can get a triple rate long travel shock thou also... but the quad rate is better on the long travels because the spring rates can be adjusted more...

400exBro
05-17-2004, 04:01 PM
quad rate = long travel
triple = standered unless otherwords stated...

i have a set of standered travel elka shocks for 400ex, triple rate ssd, comp only, piggy back shocks for sale, looking to get 650 US for them under a year, new nitrogen and oil put in by elka before this past winter, comes with shocks covers, adjust tools, and manual...
let me know
thanks