PDA

View Full Version : works connection lever

Hammer trx450r
05-16-2004, 12:21 PM
is this thing worth it? whats involved in getting it to work?

Hammer trx450r
05-16-2004, 05:14 PM
noone got this setup?

Quadworks
05-16-2004, 05:43 PM
What is it??:confused:

knelson
05-16-2004, 06:07 PM
I have a works connection lever.It is a drastic change over stock b/c of the 30% less pull ,I don't know about the other levers out there and/or how they feel b/c I have not personally had any other kind besides stock.It does have a sleeve that goes around the handlebars so that when you crash it doesn't break (the handle just slides down).It also is very easy to adjust and probably the easiest to adjust of any clutch lever I have seen,It has bearings on the pivot point for ease of pull,and it has an adjustment for the lever placement. I have had mine for about a year and it has just the normal wear and have had no problems with it. I paid alittle over a hundred for It and I got it b/c it was the only lever that my honda shop had at the time.

bigz-71
05-16-2004, 10:09 PM
i had one on my last bike and i got the new one with the hot start on this bike. the lever is awsome. its has the quick adjust for on the fly. the hot start has to be modified to work with the stock carb. the cable cost 30 bucks from mark baldwin. i would recommend the lever but its a little pricey. it will set you back about a bill and a half. so be prepared to pay some green for this lever. its the best out there (in my opinion).
Jeremy

quallerd
05-17-2004, 09:42 AM
How about RTC? Do they make a lever that incorporates the hot start feature?

05-17-2004, 05:10 PM
I have the ASV lever w/hot start and adjust on the fly clutch with Baldwins cable.

Lethalhonda2
05-17-2004, 09:03 PM
So are these levers really worth $100? I bought one of those cheap $30 ones and it ended up breaking my clutch cable.I also lost some clutch pull so I went back to the stocker.I would hate to break one of those!:eek2:

quallerd
05-18-2004, 08:45 PM
Is this lever truly better than all the other levers out there? Specifically all those that incorporate the hot start lever as well. Please give your opinion on which one is best and why. Thanks!