PDA

View Full Version : The Exhaust I Choose Was..............

livinontheedgel
05-16-2004, 01:40 AM
First I would like to thank everyone who replied with info on my last post. I have decided and orderd a Pro Circuit T-4 full exhust system. I searched long and hard for an exhaust system and took everyones imput into consideration. I chose the T-4 for a couple of reasons; The first was because I got a fair price on it; under $500.00 + shipping. I also got it because no one that I know of has it yet. (Could be a bad thing) And the final reason was that I was doing some research and came across a pipe shootout for the CRF 450 and the CHM pipe was the winner, but the Pro Circuit had more features. It could be tuned and you can buy different end caps for different riding conditions. Does anyone out there have any knowledge of this system? Any rumors about this system? Anything is welcome good or bad. Thanks. -livinontheedgell-

kwatts400
05-16-2004, 02:07 AM
I had one on my old 400ex, and I loved it. I'm curious to see how yours works out for you. It wasn't really loud on my 400, and it gave a nice increase in power just about everywhere. I put the smaller endcap and felt that it was a little bit more quiet, but didn't notice any decrease in power.

Keep us posted.

livinontheedgel
05-16-2004, 02:44 AM
Yeah, I am curious too. I know that I took a gamble buying it without any feedback, but I look at it this way: There always has to be a first to give everyone else feedback. When you purchased yours, did it have jetting instructions with it? If so how accurate were they?

kwatts400
05-16-2004, 09:42 AM
I put on a k&n power up kit with it. I just put in the recommended jet and rode.

dreth
05-16-2004, 07:37 PM
i have a full system on my old 400 and the springs rattle, the O-ring leaked , and the bracket that holds the slip on on broke . i sent it back to pro circuit and they sent me a new head pipe, polished the slip on, and re welded the holder . my opinion is i will never own another pipe with springs or o-rings.

livinontheedgel
05-16-2004, 09:36 PM
Dreth,

Sorry to hear that. Other than that, how did the pipe perform? Did you notice any major power gains? If so how would you describe the gains.