PDA

View Full Version : falt spot in top end

Martin Blair
05-15-2004, 10:53 PM
Well we just got back from a race this weekend my bike seems to have a flat spot on top end, I have never noticed this before. It just gets to a point then stops accelerating fast and climbs slowly, does this mean its to rich or to lean, I believe its a bit to rich, also my muffler needs repacking could this cause it? I have the ignition andvance key and like it alot for the bottom and mid, but does it take away alot of topend?

Thanks.

cals400ex
05-16-2004, 12:00 AM
let us know where your jetted at now. air box lid on or off? temp you ride in? elevation your at?

Martin Blair
05-16-2004, 10:02 AM
im runing a edelbrock so most probably arnt familry with it but i am runing the 17 neddle, in the 70s and with a half open are box, lrd full system, and a K&N along with the advance key.

cals400ex
05-16-2004, 06:31 PM
oh crap, i can't help you out there. i would ask kfulk. he may know.

F-16Guy
05-16-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
Well we just got back from a race this weekend my bike seems to have a flat spot on top end, I have never noticed this before. It just gets to a point then stops accelerating fast and climbs slowly, does this mean its to rich or to lean, I believe its a bit to rich, also my muffler needs repacking could this cause it? I have the ignition andvance key and like it alot for the bottom and mid, but does it take away alot of topend?

Thanks.
Probably lean. If it were rich, your acceleration would probably be pretty sluggish.