PDA

View Full Version : Are PEP Limited Mass worth the hassle or ZPS all the way

Gncc561
05-15-2004, 08:57 PM
I am getting ready to purchase shocks for my YFZ and was seriously thinking about PEP Limited Mass. I race GNCC's and lookin to save as much money as possible. I hear the ZPS are the way to go but I would like to save 150 bucks

05-15-2004, 09:51 PM
You can get your stock shocks revalved. and save even more money. And yes they will feel as good if not better than any aftermarket shock!!!!!! Hit up DeRisi racing

SRH
05-15-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by GNCCer
You can get your stock shocks revalved. and save even more money. And yes they will feel as good if not better than any aftermarket shock!!!!!! Hit up DeRisi racing

still u got junk shock bodies and stuff, ud be better off buying elka econos and add rezzies when u get the cash if your on a budget, or just hold off and buy the shocks ud love to have, but i woudlnt fork out 500 bucks for a revalve........ no way

05-16-2004, 04:55 PM
pep zps or custom axis

xcyfz450
05-16-2004, 05:13 PM
stock shocks now are awesome you may just have to get them revalved thats why they come on these bikes now so u dont have to fork out the cash for aftermarket the bodies and cans arent junk they just dont look as nice as aftermarket ones i have my stock shocks feelin better then my axis i had on my 250r

Gncc561
05-16-2004, 10:14 PM
I have thought about using Santo...I had him do a revalve on my Raptor rear and that thing worked awesome. I would love to have Axis and seriously thinking about it but my buddy has a lonestar with limited mass and he seems to like them really well. I was just wondering and thanks for the responses.

05-17-2004, 11:37 AM
still u got junk shock bodies and stuff

The stock shock boddies are as good as all aftermarket with the exceptioin of Elka and Axis. And what is STUFF What else is "junk " as you say?????????????

Aussiequadrider
05-17-2004, 03:56 PM
they will feel as good if not better than any aftermarket shock!!!!!!

and pigs will fly.

Geoff.

Hawk III
05-17-2004, 10:28 PM
Just do your self a favor and buy the zps...there is nothing else like them and you will not ever regret it

05-18-2004, 08:35 AM
and pigs will fly.

have you tried them??????

so stfu!

why wouldn't they feel as good Give me a good resonable answer and I will sut up and not say another word about it!!!!!

Aussiequadrider
05-18-2004, 02:57 PM
have you tried them??????

why wouldn't they feel as good Give me a good resonable answer and I will sut up and not say another word about it!!!!!
Have I tried them?---no, but I don't have to drink petrol to learn it is not good for me.
One good resonable answer --- Specifications.

Geoff.

05-18-2004, 03:13 PM
What are you talking about specification????

i said a good reason and that is by far not one.

If you take the valving out of the stock shock and put the exact same thing in there that is in axis. use the same springs axis would the shock will feel just like an axis shock. What specifications are you talking about that make this shock soooo bad?

SRH
05-18-2004, 03:32 PM
put the stock shocks on shock dyno the adjusters barely make a diff, the shocks fade faster than non rezzie elka because the internals on the stockers just arent up to par

it might feel like a axis shock until it wears out...

i think just about everything on the yfz is junk except the frame , motor, and spindles and carb some other sthings, rear shock is good, not saying it doesnt perform good because i think stock yfz does everything better than my 400ex ever could, im just say yamaha was so concerned with weigh saving alot of the stuff is really weak, its still the only new quad id buy....

think of it this way your spending 500 on revalves i bought comp adjustable elka piggy backs for 750.... just spend the extra money and get something good

05-18-2004, 03:45 PM
SRH I do see what you are saying. but DeRisi racings kit takes all of that JUNK you are right the stuff inside is junk and replaces that with custum piston and valving. it is not just adjusting the valves on the stock shock. As far as fadding yeah about 11 hours into the 12 hours of america it did feel like they may have been fadding a little bit. or maybe i was just tired. Now the 19" Elkas i ran last year were fading more than that by the end of a 2 hour GNCC. maybe I just had a bad set of elkas. I didn't have good luck with them at all. they went back to elka 2 times to try to get them close to being right! they were still way too stiff but fadded enough to where they felt good at the end of the race.

Gncc561
05-18-2004, 06:16 PM
think of it this way your spending 500 on revalves i bought comp adjustable elka piggy backs for 750.... just spend the extra money and get something good

750 for Elka's is awesome....did you buy straight from elka??

SRH
05-18-2004, 08:01 PM
no i didnt

mjquadracer
05-18-2004, 08:39 PM
PEP ZPS are the way to go but you have to wait forever. I have had mine on order for 2 months and am still waiting. I guess it is all about who you are. I heard some people get them right away. Which I think is B.S. cause they should have to wait like everyone else. But I dont think wayne gives a flyin f*** I called him the other day to see how much longer and he told me I need to call back he was busy and hung up! thats customer service for ya!

Gncc561
05-19-2004, 09:24 PM
Yeah...I have noticed that some of these afterbmarket companies can be real pains in the a%$. Especially when you try to talk money and performance. It is kind of like buy the best or go somewhere else.....