PDA

View Full Version : Lt or Std. +1's for XC??

Pro400EXC
05-15-2004, 06:50 PM
LT or Std +1's?(for xc)
Hey Guys,

I race XC mostly,and do a lil MX(maybe race a few)

The end of our racing season is over,so time for revamping the quad...

I have a few ideas and need help..

Tell me your opinions..

1. I wanna either go w/ +1 LT for 19in shocks

or

2. The +1 for std. shocks

Also, if I go w/ the 2nd set-up should I just rebuild my ohlins or get some diffrent shocks?

And tell me your opnions, is there really a $500 difference in feel between the two,or is there not much of a difference?

Also should I then get my rear shock rebuilt,or a new one?

P.S. This is for a Cannondale Blaze for those of you who don't read sig's.

Thanks Guys,
Joe

Florida400EX
05-15-2004, 07:06 PM
LT no questions asked dude.

TC426EX
05-16-2004, 09:25 AM
I used to race XC with the standard shock setup and a +1 protrax setup and it worked like a dream. Now Im using standard travel and +2 standard Laeger's for my MX bike. If you got the money, of course go with the LT. As far as having a problem using the standard 16" shocks, allI can say is that my PEP's worked AWESOME and I never had a probelm. They worked so good that I got another pair for my 426 set up for MX and even without LT I am clearing all the huge doubles with no problem. I have never been a fan of the ohlins, but if you just go +1 on the fronts then I would just get those rebuilt. What you have to do is weigh the cost of getting those rebuilt and finding a goot pair of triple or dual rate PEP, Axis, etc.. either new or used. IF they just need to be revalved then it should be cheap and do that. If they tell you that you need new springs, valves and all that then forget it I would say since you probably wouldnt be saving much. As far as your rear shock. I would just get it valved to match your fronts, unless you are going with an extended swingarm. If you go LT on the rear you will need to change alot including your linkage. Durablue makes a good adjustable linkage if you plan to go this route.

-Paul
-TC426EX w/ everything
-Check it out on douggust.com...