PDA

View Full Version : Rausch Creek Results

Ryan
05-15-2004, 04:53 PM
Just got back from a very exciting race. Here is the only overall results I got.

Afternoon

1. Bill Balance
2. Matt Smiley
3. James Wahl-pro am

Morning

1 Will Marietta,
2 Mark Woodbine,
3 Stephanie Parton

In the morning Traci and Stephanie had a good battle going on, but when the checkered flag came out, Traci was no where to be seen.
Harlen had the overall wrapted up but a busted Sub-Frame costed him the win. I think he got 5 fith overall, anyways.

In the afternoon, I thought Matt Smiley was gonna win it for sure. He had such a lead going but somehow the amazing Bill Balance caught up and passed him.
Jeff@thequadshop.com got 4th overall.

Good job guys!

Karizz
05-15-2004, 07:17 PM
heres how Bill reeled in Smiley............This was @mile marker 5 on the last lap

Karizz
05-15-2004, 07:18 PM

Karizz
05-15-2004, 07:25 PM
Bill actually stalled out right here 2 seconds after i took this pic..

Karizz
05-15-2004, 07:26 PM
this was a tough technical section....

Karizz
05-15-2004, 07:29 PM
i told ya it was tuff section...

Karizz
05-15-2004, 07:32 PM
more...
This guy looks familiar..

blaster2000
05-15-2004, 07:33 PM
this track looked tough as hell just from watching i thought for sure that smiley had the win on that... nice pics.. i saw harlen runnin around takin some so hopefully we'll see some more.
later,Rob

Karizz
05-15-2004, 07:36 PM
..anyway,Thought I would post a few pics for you guys until the pros on here do the Race report...

Karizz
05-15-2004, 07:40 PM
Well if you raced in the Afternoon RauschCreek GNCC there is an excellent chance i got ya with the camera...if you want your pic...just email me with your bike # and a little description of what you were riding and wearing,Ill email ya your pic if I got it!

karizz@optonline.net

Karizz
05-15-2004, 07:42 PM
..Hey look who's up on the Podium...Is That JEFF@quadshop?????

Admin
05-15-2004, 07:43 PM
Great Pictures, I am very depressed now because I just realized that about 200+ of my pictures from today were lost :(. I have no clue how it happened, but I guess it goes along with my luck in general today. I still have photos but not some really good shots that I wish had, what a day.

Karizz
05-15-2004, 07:49 PM
Heres what happen to me at RauschCreek GNCC in the AM race.......:( Do you have any idea how hard it was to finish a lap like this?lol..Anyways,I ended up with 25th in 4 strkC +33...still had a great time though:D

Admin
05-15-2004, 07:52 PM
That looked like it really sucked. The 450R stock tirerods are really weak, and I would replace them with some Burgard cycle tie-rods which have held up great for me.

blaster2000
05-15-2004, 07:57 PM
hey karizz i just noticed your the guy that i was pitting next to today casue i remember u taking that pic of your 450r damn i didnt even notice that the wheel was like that bad luck:(

pairanutz
05-15-2004, 07:58 PM
that would suck -450r

but at least you got too go

very nice pics -got any more

Karizz
05-15-2004, 08:10 PM
I was up at one of the hill climbs for a bit...it was way dusty in the afternoon race...just to the left of Chris Borich in this shot is about a 50 foot drop off straight down..

Karizz
05-15-2004, 08:13 PM
pays to be out in front...no dust!

Karizz
05-15-2004, 08:15 PM

Karizz
05-15-2004, 08:18 PM
...it was scary at this cliff,there was so much dust,I dont think some of the riders new there was a huge drop off to their right....Okay you have to excuse this pic,but I want to show you guys something.....the rider on the 450r with his headlight on is actually inches from the edge...I had to turn my head Man,,I thought he was goin off...

:eek2:

Karizz
05-15-2004, 08:22 PM
okay back outta the dust...into the woods..

Karizz
05-15-2004, 08:24 PM
...Here comes JEFF@Quadshop

Karizz
05-15-2004, 08:27 PM
Now I see why Pappy likes doin the pics...its addicting..

:D

Mr. Yokley

Karizz
05-15-2004, 08:29 PM
Chad Duvall...

Karizz
05-15-2004, 08:33 PM
this was my fav spot to shoot....i was sitting on a huge rock which where the riders had to make a sharp right......makes for some IN YOUR FACE PHOTOS!!

Karizz
05-15-2004, 08:34 PM
another...

Karizz
05-15-2004, 08:51 PM
another one stalled out!

Karizz
05-15-2004, 09:02 PM
okay. I'll leave the rest of the coverage to Harlen......

coryatver
05-15-2004, 09:41 PM
wow did you get ran over in that one pic! and do you have any pictures of that girl in chad duval's pic :blah:

JOEX
05-15-2004, 10:07 PM
Great pics Karizz!:macho

Karizz
05-16-2004, 06:48 AM
...heres the best I have of the girl in Duvall's pic...lol

erac4019
05-16-2004, 08:28 AM
Karizz, What kind of camera are you using? pics are good quality.

Ryan
05-16-2004, 08:29 AM
I have a handful of pics comming, also.

BTW, when I saw Chad Duvall after the race, he had his arm in a sling. :confused: wonder what happened to him?

Karizz
05-16-2004, 08:37 AM
I have an Olympus c2020-z 2.1 megapixel...nuthin special...I started getting better with it the more Coors Lights in me...:D

05-16-2004, 08:38 AM
Well I nailed a tree about a mile into the first lap and went over the bars. Blew out a front tire and bruised the hell out of my hip, which made for a very difficult first lap. 3rd lap I blew out a rear tire but did finish the race in 14th place in my class.

That was the roughest track I've ever rode on in my life. The rocky sections were nuts and the fast pace sections made for some interesting racing. Boulders the size of kitchen chairs inches off the trail and the dust was hiding them so it was very easy to wreck or rip your front end off.:eek: The track looked like a quad graveyard from all the quads sitting on the side of the track..:eek2:

It most definitly got the best of me.

Damage report is 2 flat tires, a severly bent lower A-arm, bruised thigh and hip, and hand guard ripped off...:o I did manage to put myself back in the top 10 in my class though so I'm happy with that..:cool:

Way to go Jeff in the pro class. He stayed in the top 6 overall the entire race.

Rowlrag finished 3rd in 4 stroke A.

Catmostfeared got 7th in Vet.

Brandon Summers finished 2nd in 16-24 and still holds a very nice points lead.

Tuff luck for Harlen who almost got that podium spot..:(

EXriders member wingnut won the morning overall. Good job Will..

Traci Cecco lost her skidplate which eventually lead to a broken chain and damaged rotor. I believe she had the overall at the time. Better luck next time Traci.. :)

Chad D and Bryan Cook both flipped their quads and the start and had to start from the back. Chad couldn't get his started and was at least 30 seconds or more behind the leaders. His first lap he caught up and was running in the top 10 overall. I heard he wrecked hard in the woods and broke his arm. That is just what I heard and hope it's not true.

05-16-2004, 08:41 AM
on my 2nd lap i was in 6th in 4 stroke A then my sub frame on my z 400 broke in half.it brke on the top both sides. the header pipe broke, caliper slider broke, air box. it sucked.

Tommy 17
05-16-2004, 09:13 AM
i was there... i met quite a few people...

karizz i saw u comin up the main road with ur 450r like that... that had to suck u were leanin way off the side of the quad...

ryan i was lookin for u all day but had no clue what u looked like... there was so many people with exriders shirts on and so many of them talkin to me i have no clue who all i met haha...

i stayed down in the woods most of the day with curt (puff) shellz and my friend... we were in this rock section that had rocks to the point u coudln't see dirt for 50ft... quads gettin stuck and wreckin like crazy in there... i pulled rowlrag out once and almost got run over:eek:

i heard the same thing about duvall and his broken arm... i also heard when i was sittin in the pro pits that john natalie went off a cliff and was hurt pretty bad... but i didn't hear anything more bc i left to come home... that track had some dangerous things like the boulders in the grass they just painted white and it was so dusty everyone was hitting them...

harlen was FLYIN everytime i saw him... then i looked when he came across the line (everyones sayin he was in 1st then stepie parton came across) and here comes harlen with the fenders toucnin the tires... i'm like WTF!!!!! i thought he snapped the rear shock but then i relized his subframe was cracked off... tuff luck harlen u'll get them next time!

Steve-O
05-16-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Karizz
Heres what happen to me at RauschCreek GNCC in the AM race.......:( Do you have any idea how hard it was to finish a lap like this?lol..Anyways,I ended up with 25th in 4 strkC +33...still had a great time though:D

Hey I raced in the same class #552 on a kawi. Seen a couple of the WNYOA guys on the starting line that was about it.

Big congrats to Robert Ford for taking the win in 25-32 C !!

Ryan
05-16-2004, 09:21 AM
Tommy, I thought you weren't going to watch the GNCC, otherwise I would have looked for you.

Tommy 17
05-16-2004, 09:23 AM
i showed up haha...

i had on a red fox hat with the new exriders shirt... tan shorts... i was parked right next to quad 041 (lou)...

i know a few people from the site talked to me... but i couldn't hear half of the names they said to me bc the quads were so loud and i'm half deaf:p

Ryan
05-16-2004, 09:27 AM
I probably seen ya. I seen a ton of exrider members but didn't go up to many people. Im kind of a spaz talking to people I really don't know.

Only people I met were Harlen, William Yokley, Johnny C, Jeff Stoess...... Thats about it.

I seen a ton of people I reconized from pictures, but never bothered to talk to many of them. They all looked very determined and busy! So I kept my distance :eek2: .

05-16-2004, 09:33 AM
I guess the most interesting people I met were 2r's(dave) and spoke on the phone with banned member 440ex4me(lemmy)....:eek2: :eek: :eek2:

Ryan
05-16-2004, 09:36 AM
Full results are up...... http://www.gnccracing.com/frameset.htm

bradley300
05-16-2004, 09:36 AM
good pics man! i had fun, but it was ROUGH, i hate complaining about an XC track being too rough, but unless i'm in a points battle this time next year i might sit this one out. i got real bad thumb cramps early in the race and that really held me back. ended up 8th in the sport class, so thats still average for me, though it is on the slower side. see everyone at the Wisp

05-16-2004, 09:44 AM
******** has pics posted of the race..

http://www.********.com/race-reports/gncc/raucshcreek-04.htm#

Click on photo gallery..

popo
05-16-2004, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the help Brad. I think this race was one of the second dumbest things I have raced besides Florida.

It became a trail ride for me, after the 5 mile marker going thru the land mines. No way was I going to beat the piss out of my frame slamming rocks, parked it.

Congrats to those who finished. I am sure every one will be sporting all new a-arms,skid plates in Virginia.

CatMostFeared
05-16-2004, 10:18 AM
Rico is my hero:macho

Tommy 17
05-16-2004, 10:22 AM
popo the best thing i heard all day was from u...

"i don't care call me a *****... i'm not ruining a 2600$ frame"

that track was pretty ruff from what i could see...

ex kid
05-16-2004, 10:25 AM
bradley300 i was wondering where you got to. i finished 7th in the sport class on a blue 03 blaster.

Tommy17 that rock section that you talked about was the roughest part of the track.

Chad Duval: HOW ABOUT THOSE FING KILL SWITCHES?

i saw john natalie sitting off the track on the first lap. there were broken quads and guys that quit everywhere.

popo
05-16-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by ex kid
bradley300 i was wondering where you got to. i finished 7th in the sport class on a blue 03 blaster.

Tommy17 that rock section that you talked about was the roughest part of the track.

Chad Duval: HOW ABOUT THOSE FING KILL SWITCHES?

i saw john natalie sitting off the track on the first lap. there were broken quads and guys that quit everywhere.

John broke a chain. I pulled him about a 1/2 mile and we kept getting hung up on rocks, he said screw it.

Funny thing is, as I was looking at the results, some older gentlemen was ripping Jeff Russell "the track layout dude" a new *** up one side another and calling him about every name I can imagine about the track.

Last years track was glass compared to this.

If the bike guys have to race thru the same land mines as we did, there is gonna be some injured bike racers.

Tommy 17
05-16-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by popo

Funny thing is, as I was looking at the results, some older gentlemen was ripping Jeff Russell "the track layout dude" a new *** up one side another and calling him about every name I can imagine about the track.

i heard quite a few people say they wanted to kik his ***:eek:

Ryan
05-16-2004, 11:21 AM
I never seen so many people loose (or damage) skid plates in the this race.

I want to run the race next year, but I hope they clear out some of the bolders :o .

Some of the rocks were silver at the race. All them skid plates grinding against them. :o

cletusEX
05-16-2004, 11:27 AM
I raced in the morning and saw a lot of damage. There was one rock section where there was a broken down quad every 20-30 yards, probably more than 10 all together. Luckly I only finished with scratches and dents nothing too major. The track was rough but had a lot of fun parts also. Some of the hills and straights where a good time.

05-16-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Ryan

Some of the rocks were silver at the race. All them skid plates grinding against them. :o

I bet if you went thru the track and scrapped aluminum off all the rocks you could recycle it and get $1,000...:eek:

PS... I want to give Rowlrag a big thanks for letting me use one if his front tires since I left my spare fronts at home for some reason..:huh

Cool Pic Of me on the hill climb Marty. Notice the rear flat..:( I think I only got 1 lap in all day were I didn't have a flat..:mad:

I'd also like to know why RP doesn't let you wear short sleeve shirts but you can wear a Shift short sleeve jersey and not get in trouble..:rolleyes: It was nice to be told by Rita 30 seconds before my class started that I needed to pit ASAP and put on a long sleeve shirt if I wanted to be scored. Luckily I got a flat and had to pit anyway...:o

Karizz
05-16-2004, 11:51 AM
Here is the infamous ROCK SECTIONS...............(these pics are from my buddy Jeffs camera,thanks Jeff)

Karizz
05-16-2004, 11:52 AM

Karizz
Gnarly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kw39xc
Well if you raced in the Afternoon RauschCreek GNCC there is an excellent chance i got ya with the camera...if you want your pic...just email me with your bike # and a little description of what you were riding and wearing,Ill email ya your pic if I got it!
This awesome rider is #91 Kevin Wall of the Vet class leading all the laps but the last two after hitting a tree and finishing still in an awesome 3rd place great job Supports of our team Yamaha Snapper Racing
karizz@optonline.net :D

05-16-2004, 03:18 PM
Here is the infamous ROCK SECTIONS...............(these pics are from my buddy Jeffs camera,thanks Jeff)

And that was the small "ROCK section" of the track..:eek2:

05-16-2004, 04:23 PM
thats not even cool.:mad: i think next year i might just race a rock crawler.

ex kid
05-16-2004, 04:56 PM
i think i might bring a sledge! or a tank

did anyone else notice how much hot *** was walkin around? it was distracting while i was trying to race.

countypark
05-16-2004, 05:35 PM
Those rocks aren't for racing through. Thats the kind of stuff the 4x4 guys like to crawl through.

Wheeler held up pretty well through that pounding. Probably cuz I was taking my time.(skid plates are all dented up)

Happy to finish 11th I guess. I thought I was doing pretty good till I went through scoring and saw myself in 12th on the first lap.

I tried to stay with you Bradley but my old *** couldn't take the abuse.

Good job to the local racer who showed the Sport class how to race at Rausch Creek.

The other half of CPR did turn the 2nd fastest 3rd lap in the +33 class. He's coming around. I'm looking for a top 5 from him soon. Go AJR400EX(he needs to change his name to ajr450r)

cdrookie
05-16-2004, 05:45 PM
ha, ha^^^^^^ i knew i should've went! hit one tree and the dale went from chicken soup to chicken *****. spent all week working on it and found out friday evening it was all in vein. i wasn't in a very good mood yesterday to say the least. and what's up with all the complaining about the track? it's a gncc not a tt. rausch creek/tower city = rocks, it's no secret. everybody had the opportunity to walk the track didn't they?

Admin
05-16-2004, 06:54 PM
I wonder what Jeff did for John because half the gallery looked like Jeff Stoess photo album:eek2:

It was nice to see John at a XC event.

Ryan
05-16-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin

I thought I reconized his G/F :D

05-16-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by cdrookie
it's a gncc not a tt. rausch creek/tower city = rocks, it's no secret. everybody had the opportunity to walk the track didn't they?

After 14 hours of driving we showed up at 8 PM friday night and the only place I walked was to the porta pot...:blah:

The race Itself was 2 hours of abuse but I'm glad I had the opportunity to race at a place like that and I"m glad I made the trip up. Definitly the roughest ride/race I've ever done in my life. If I wasn't plaqued with flats I felt good enough to finish in the top 8 EASILY...:macho Running 10 miles in those conditions with a front flat made for an interesting start. Those of you running tire balls I must say you suck..:devil: Those of you that ran without them and didn't get a flat I tip my hat too ya..:D

cdalejef
05-16-2004, 07:26 PM
I wonder what Jeff did for John because half the gallery looked like Jeff Stoess photo album:eek2:

It was nice to see John at a XC event. :grr:

Tommy 17
05-16-2004, 07:28 PM

when he was interviewing jeff i saw jeff slip him a 20:eek2: :devil:

kos462
05-16-2004, 07:35 PM
i was the local by that showed up in the sport class, im traci checco's cousin and tyler and tj lenigs cousin. I just wanna say great race to the wrest of the sport class riders i was just happy to finish that race for how rocky and dusty it was lol

ps i was the rider who started all the way on the other side on the left near the fence if ya were looken up the hill at the first turn

ajr400ex
05-16-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Rico

The race Itself was 2 hours of abuse but I'm glad I had the opportunity to race at a place like that and I"m glad I made the trip up. Definitly the roughest ride/race I've ever done in my life. If I wasn't plaqued with flats I felt good enough to finish in the top 8 EASILY...:macho Running 10 miles in those conditions with a front flat made for an interesting start. Those of you running tire balls I must say you suck..:devil: Those of you that ran without them and didn't get a flat I tip my hat too ya..:D

Well said - I got a flat front tire about 3 miles from the start. The rim is pretty much scrap metal.:devil:

markk
05-16-2004, 09:41 PM
I thought that the track, was great! I live in southern illinois, and i have never ever ridden rocks like that!!! I liked the track, but i noticed that I dont feel like i push myself< like I can go faster, but i think that i dont wanta wreck!
Is there anything that you guys do, to keep you pushing yourself the whole time????

SECCRS
05-17-2004, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by markk
I thought that the track, was great! I live in southern illinois, and i have never ever ridden rocks like that!!! I liked the track, but i noticed that I dont feel like i push myself< like I can go faster, but i think that i dont wanta wreck!
Is there anything that you guys do, to keep you pushing yourself the whole time????

Yeah it called have BALLANCE OR STOESS OR SMILEY OR GALLAGHER OR DUVAL OR BORICH up your back side any time you thought you could take a second to relax

If you ride with fast people you will only get faster

Doug Parker

05-17-2004, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by SECCRS
Yeah it called have BALLANCE OR STOESS OR SMILEY OR GALLAGHER OR DUVAL OR BORICH up your back side any time you thought you could take a second to relax

LMFAO.

And with not many lines to pass in a lot of places I"m sure it will get ya movin...:o

QuadJunkies
05-17-2004, 12:40 PM
Gnarly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to me that just dont look like Fun!!.......:eek: :eek2:

cdalejef
05-17-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
to me that just dont look like Fun!!.......:eek: :eek2: Its a blast! :macho

Ryan
05-17-2004, 12:51 PM
to me that just dont look like Fun!!.......:eek: :eek2:

I was spectating and it looked like a blast! Just that was a very rocky and dusty race!

Its great to come and meet the people you've been seeing in the pictures over the pass years. :cool:

QuadJunkies
05-17-2004, 01:11 PM
I was spectating and it looked like a blast! Just that was a very rocky and dusty race!

Its great to come and meet the people you've been seeing in the pictures over the pass years. :cool: Ive never really rode on alot fo rock, I just see$$$ signs on major tires!!!!!Lol....I would give to come back East and meet some Fellow Exriders for a wk end...;)

05-17-2004, 01:37 PM
Ive never really rode on alot fo rock, I just see$$$ signs on major tires!!!!!Lol

Why you think maxxis sponsors the races... LOL

I was telling someone this weekend that if they ever canceled the rausch or wisp race maxxis and ITP would probably pay big bucks to RP. I'm 2 tires in the hole thanks to this race and just take that times the other possible 500-600 entries that could have gotten flats.....:eek2:

LTandRaptorider
05-17-2004, 03:50 PM
Ive never really rode on alot fo rock, I just see$$$ signs on major tires!!!!!Lol....I would give to come back East and meet some Fellow Exriders for a wk end...;)

I just cleared my calendar... what weekend shall I pencil you in for?:devil: :blah:

jb500ex
05-17-2004, 04:37 PM
rico you can count me in for a couple off flats this weekend, but the hipers held up great

jja125
05-17-2004, 04:58 PM
those rocks were horrible!! that really sucked going into that one rock section after the first lap and knowing you had about 3 more miles of the same rocks to go through without a break every lap.

the first lap those two drop offs up on that dusty ridge made me pucker pretty good too - for those of us that didn't walk the track. it was so dusty up there i had about 1 second to respond to those. if anybody knows what i'm talking about and has a picture of them post it i wanted to show them to my dad who didn't get to come with me.

maxxis does impress me cause i didn't get any flats - i don't know how but neither me or the other two guys i was with got any flats. i couldn't believe it. my skid plate is torn up beyond repair though. my sprocket and rotor actually wore holes in the skid and tore up the rotor pretty bad, i guess they weren't meant to be my 5th & 6th wheels for extra traction.

at least i didn't get a holeshot and slam my quad into the haybale like i did in kentucky. :rolleyes: i was worried cause all they had was a big pine tree here. all in all i got wood this time so it was worth the trip. :D and congrats to my buddy chris for getting his first win in first year racer - pretty good for being only his second gncc.

Ryan
05-17-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by jja125

the first lap those two drop offs up on that dusty ridge made me pucker pretty good too - for those of us that didn't walk the track. it was so dusty up there i had about 1 second to respond to those. if anybody knows what i'm talking about and has a picture of them post it i wanted to show them to my dad who didn't get to come with me.

Are you talking about 1/2- 1 mile from the start? I got a few pictures of that section I will have up soon.

300exHILLER
05-17-2004, 05:30 PM
No Flats for me or my team mate from Greater Boston Motorsports. I did loose a front sproket bolt and the front sprocket came off. I am glad I kept the the factory tool kit in my 450r. I lost about 20mins fixing it in the trails and 5-7mins in the pits. I took 25th in 16-24 C. My team mate got 12th in the pro-am class. not bad for a first time XC racer. We are hooked we both had fun and we will see all you guys in VA.

P.S. I was pitted next to Rice in the row in front of Jeff's truck. I had the Uhaul racing trailer (long story) with the white Superduty.

Steve-O
05-17-2004, 05:35 PM
Are you talking about 1/2- 1 mile from the start? I got a few pictures of that section I will have up soon.

hey Ryan get any of the morning race?

Ryan
05-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Steve-O
hey Ryan get any of the morning race?

Yeah, I took over 150 photo's. But in buddy's digital camera, it only shows 40 pictures. I really hope I didn't loose them :( .

When Harlen does the race coverage for the event, i'll post the pictures there. I just gotta get them loaded on the computer first.

Admin
05-17-2004, 07:40 PM
Well guys, the coverage is going to be delayed because I am sick as a dog. I missed work today and I probably will be home again tomorrow. I feel horrible and spent most of the day in bed.

Also, I had over 100 pictures accidently get deleted off my camera which was depressing.

Wingnut
05-17-2004, 07:54 PM
Well guys, the coverage is going to be delayed because I am sick as a dog. I missed work today and I probably will be home again tomorrow.

It sounds like you have plenty of time for the coverage.;)

Get well soon Harlen.

Tommy 17
05-17-2004, 08:22 PM
jja i saw ur quad and truck in lewistown on 22... i beeped at ya!!!!:D

Karizz
05-17-2004, 09:12 PM
that sux Harlen...take care of yourself man,get better! We will wait! Thanks for the info on the tie Rods..I ordered them today!

cletusEX
05-17-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by jja125
[B]the first lap those two drop offs up on that dusty ridge made me pucker pretty good too - for those of us that didn't walk the track. it was so dusty up there i had about 1 second to respond to those.B]

There were a couple of drop offs that I almost ate it on. I remember those two and one after a long straight were the entrance was. Nothing like locking it up from 4th gear tapped!:D There was some pucker factor working on that one:p

Ryan
05-17-2004, 09:59 PM
Well guys, the coverage is going to be delayed because I am sick as a dog. I missed work today and I probably will be home again tomorrow. I feel horrible and spent most of the day in bed.

Also, I had over 100 pictures accidently get deleted off my camera which was depressing.

Same thing with my camera. How does that happen :confused: .

Get better soon, Harlen.

When I was at the race, I couldn't believe watching Harlen :macho ..... Working hard in the morning race, then running around in the afternoon getting photo's and using his tape recorder.
You must be outragously tired after doing all this work. Gotta give you alot of credit! :cool:

Some people may not know how hard you work to get the race coverage.

300racer
05-17-2004, 10:50 PM
I really liked the track I will have to say there was alot of open 4th or 5th gear spots but the rocks was awsome we don't have anything like that in illinois. One of my buddies got a flat tire while leading 265b class but me and my other buddy had no flats and I got 6th in 16-24c my buddy markk got 12th in 16-24c after running hisself over with his quad :huh and my other buddy with the flat ended up 6th so we it was a good weakend except the 16 hours it took to get there. I seen harlen runnin every were before his race in the morning and before the afternoon race. I don't know how you have enough energy to run around after racing in the morning that's alot of work.

QuadJunkies
05-18-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
I just cleared my calendar... what weekend shall I pencil you in for?:devil: :blah: lol...I am serious, I would love to come out for a big event for a few days and meet the crew someday in the future....Who knows................;) :D

Harlen go get some R&R....;)

QuadRacer041
05-18-2004, 04:18 AM
anyone else have pics to post????

05-18-2004, 07:18 AM
If you have pics post them, were tired of waiting.....:grr:

:D :D

I don't think Harlum will be mad if you post pics.

Admin
05-18-2004, 07:40 AM
If you have pics post them, were tired of waiting.....:grr:

:D :D

I don't think Harlum will be mad if you post pics.

Watch it Ruco!!:grr:

Karizz
05-18-2004, 07:50 AM
I still have a bunch more but didnt want to be a pic postin Ho :p

05-18-2004, 10:29 AM
I still have a bunch more but didnt want to be a pic postin Ho :p

find the pics you have of me and email them too me please...:D

If you do find them let me know and i'll PM you my addy...:cool:

spincr4hire
05-18-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by CatMostFeared
Rico is my hero:macho

dang, that looks like a steep hill...or a camera trick:eek2:

seamonster
05-18-2004, 10:52 AM
Spencer, were you at Rausch because I didnt see you.........if so, how did you fare on the rocks....hopefully better than many of your fellow exrider patrons...will we see you in VA....cya, the Monster

jja125
05-18-2004, 10:57 AM
there was a couple pics yesterday on paatving.com that show that hill climb. those should do till harlen gets back online. i didn't think it was that steep till i look at it after the race. i don't have any pics cause i left my camera at work. :mad:

hey tommy, i heard you guys go by. i was going to park my quad out by the road, but i figured with my luck somebody would pull in and steal it. we had some fun in the parking lot and up on the dirt cut after quitting time with it though. we told the people in town it was our new survey vehicle.

QuadJunkies
05-18-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
dang, that looks like a steep hill...or a camera trick:eek2: thats whatI was thinkin:eek2: ..

not the trick part I mean........:o

spincr4hire
05-18-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by seamonster
Spencer, were you at Rausch because I didnt see you.........if so, how did you fare on the rocks....hopefully better than many of your fellow exrider patrons...will we see you in VA....cya, the Monster

Chris, I didn't make it. Won't be back in action until the John Penton in July.:(
Looks like you and Rico still faired pretty well in the a.m. race considering the conditions. My skid plates would have been off in the first mile. I trashed mine trail riding this past weekend...:mad:

Ryan
05-18-2004, 11:39 AM

Nothing fake about that one! That was a pretty sick hill.

05-18-2004, 11:41 AM
No trick photography...:cool:

I wish there were more but that was the biggest and only hill climb they had...:(

Maybe someone got a pic of me riding a wheelie up it. There were lots of people standing around takin pics so i figured I'd hot dog a little....:o

Tommy 17
05-18-2004, 01:21 PM
haha thats a typical pennsylvania hill!!!:eek:

we were standing there early in the mournign and me and my friend were laughin at it sayin they need to put some better hills on the track... these ohio boys are like u don't think thats bad... i was like HELL NO!!!! thats easy man... i def have to get u guys some pictures of our hills around here... if u think that ones bad u'd be in shock over these...

Lil - Braff
05-18-2004, 03:51 PM

It MUST be a camera trick b/c rico wouldn't be able to climb that! lol JUST PLAYIN!!!! I can't wait to see the pics!! Harlen hope ya get betteR soon!!

Ryan
05-18-2004, 05:59 PM
Harlen, I was gonna try to help you out with posting some morning pictures, But I didn't have the camera on Picture mode and only got about 30 pictures out of about 150 :( .

Ryan
05-18-2004, 06:28 PM
Found this pic from ********.com . Me and my buddy in the backround trying to get a pic of Matt Smiley.

05-18-2004, 06:55 PM
Edit ~JOEX What was that about?

countypark
05-18-2004, 07:38 PM
I think I got a good shot of Harlen hitting that hill. Pulling a wheelie at the turn at the top.

I'll know in a day or so.

Steve-O
05-18-2004, 08:11 PM
if you go to the gncc web page and look under
Buy Photos there are 2 company's that have over a 1,000+ pictures.

yeah i had no idea how steep that hill was, until after the race and I walked over to it. :eek2:

bradley300
05-18-2004, 11:36 PM
Ive never really rode on alot fo rock, I just see$$$ signs on major tires!!!!!Lol....I would give to come back East and meet some Fellow Exriders for a wk end...;)

here ya go, even got plenty of time to plan;)

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88050

QuadJunkies
05-19-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
here ya go, even got plenty of time to plan;)

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88050 :eek: I wanted to come Last year SOOOOOOOOO bad!!!!!!:mad:

Thats not too far away.........:(

QuadRacer041
05-19-2004, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Steve-O
if you go to the gncc web page and look under
Buy Photos there are 2 company's that have over a 1,000+ pictures.

yeah i had no idea how steep that hill was, until after the race and I walked over to it. :eek2:

i looked on the gncc web page i dont see anything that says buy photo's can u post a link.

Ryan
05-19-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by quad041
i looked on the gncc web page i dont see anything that says buy photo's can u post a link.

Look to the left of the screen in the blue column.

www.racedaypix.com

bradley300
05-19-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by countypark

I tried to stay with you Bradley but my old *** couldn't take the abuse.

lol, i had fun mixing it up with you for a while! usually i end up way behind the leaders and somewhere in front of the slower group, makes for a boring race having to fight all the b class guys to finally find someone in your own class, wich means a dont see many people at all.lol should be a good time in VA, looking forward to mix it up again

ex kid
05-19-2004, 10:45 AM
bradley300 u and me were back and forth a few times. Benson and the black blaster crashed right after the first turn.

LTandRaptorider
05-19-2004, 02:42 PM
:eek: I wanted to come Last year SOOOOOOOOO bad!!!!!!:mad:

Me too... I feel your pain!:devil:

BTW... I moved back east for that weekend of riding...:p

countypark
05-19-2004, 05:54 PM
Bradley,

I'm hoping to run a couple locals before VA so hopefully I'll be a little more competitive with you.

At Rausch I passed Jacob Jones when he messed up in the rocks and then right after him I caught you messed up in the rocks. It didn't last long though, you caught me before Jones. He kept getting ahead of me then he would be stopped for some reason and I would get around him again but he always seemed to get back around me. He was alot faster then me that day but I guess he had bad luck.

I thought i was further ahead then I was. I figured I was in the top 5 during the first lap, but I mustn't have been paying close enough attention cuz I was definately in the rear.

We need to step it up a little to catch them front guys.

bradley300
05-19-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by countypark
Bradley,

I'm hoping to run a couple locals before VA so hopefully I'll be a little more competitive with you.

At Rausch I passed Jacob Jones when he messed up in the rocks and then right after him I caught you messed up in the rocks. It didn't last long though, you caught me before Jones. He kept getting ahead of me then he would be stopped for some reason and I would get around him again but he always seemed to get back around me. He was alot faster then me that day but I guess he had bad luck.

I thought i was further ahead then I was. I figured I was in the top 5 during the first lap, but I mustn't have been paying close enough attention cuz I was definately in the rear.

We need to step it up a little to catch them front guys.

we'll catch them, i just got to get over this thumb pump!:mad: i cant stand it after about 5 miles, then i'm slow the rest of the race, no more than 3/4 throttle or it hurts.

i'm gonna try a few locals also see if i can figure out something, or just see how the new burgaurd plus 2 swingy and rear shock works on the blaster:devil: all i know is i need some seat time on the 300, i overshot atleast 3 high speed turns b/c the motor is soooo much faster now than i'm used to, and my reflexes havent caught up

Thorsdad
05-20-2004, 11:01 AM
The MULLET is alive and well there is a pic. on paatv.com

05-20-2004, 11:30 AM
:eek: :eek2: :eek:

http://www.quadshopatv.com/Rausch_creek_04/crash1.jpg
http://www.quadshopatv.com/Rausch_creek_04/crash2.jpg

http://www.quadshopatv.com/Rausch_creek_04/crash3.jpg
http://www.quadshopatv.com/Rausch_creek_04/crash4.jpg

LTandRaptorider
05-20-2004, 11:36 AM
That's gonna leave a mark!:eek:

countypark
05-20-2004, 08:30 PM
That's Jeremy Benson on the orange quad. He got back on and poured it on. That section was roped off in the second lap.

Here is Harlen on his second lap "I think" in hot pursuit of the leaders.

On the fourth lap he was in front for the overall at this spot but I didn't get a picture.

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/countypark/harlen1.jpg

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/countypark/harlen2.jpg

jb500ex
05-21-2004, 04:58 AM
the kid on the yellow quad was parked next too me, he came out off the race after that and was pretty banged up. i'm not sure what happened they left right away

crayfz
05-21-2004, 05:06 AM
That yellow 400 might be Mark Notman, he was pitted up buy Hill and Kuhnle, I no they left early.

Thorsdad
05-21-2004, 08:13 AM
I think you are right that could be Mark Notman he was there with us he hurt his shoulder and right side on the first lap. I told Jeff Russel and he put the banners up to stop anymore guys from getting hurt.

jb500ex
05-21-2004, 03:39 PM
that was his name

Dunlap
05-26-2004, 07:14 PM
:eek: :eek2: :eek:

http://www.quadshopatv.com/Rausch_creek_04/crash1.jpg
http://www.quadshopatv.com/Rausch_creek_04/crash2.jpg

http://www.quadshopatv.com/Rausch_creek_04/crash3.jpg
http://www.quadshopatv.com/Rausch_creek_04/crash4.jpg

That's not the way to win races Jeremy:(

bradley300
05-26-2004, 10:16 PM
i'm sure that aided in his finish, i know that would have slowed me down! ouch!

Thorsdad
05-27-2004, 09:49 AM
No, #77 on the ex so that isn"t Mark

jb500ex
05-27-2004, 05:04 PM
it looks like his blue frame