PDA

View Full Version : Why is it hard to start?

keepitpinned
05-15-2004, 01:46 PM
Im looking into getting a sparks rev limiter for my 400ex. I heard people say it makes them hard to start. why is that? are they worth the money? will you be able to notice it? any opinions on aftermarket rev boxs especially sparks will help me.

honduh440
05-15-2004, 03:22 PM
i put the sparks rev box on my bike and it starts right up fine and i have 440 cam carb ext all aftermarket

cals400ex
05-15-2004, 05:36 PM
the curves on these boxes are different than the stock box. with a fully charged battery and a precisely jetted carb, it may start in the dead of winter, or it may not. mine didnt. there is no way i would buy a sparks one after owning one already. for a stock bike they will do next to nothing anyways. these boxes mainly raise your rev limiter which you really don't hit on a stock bike anyways.

04'400ex'er
05-15-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
the curves on these boxes are different than the stock box. with a fully charged battery and a precisely jetted carb, it may start in the dead of winter, or it may not. mine didnt. there is no way i would buy a sparks one after owning one already. for a stock bike they will do next to nothing anyways. these boxes mainly raise your rev limiter which you really don't hit on a stock bike anyways.

Couldent have said it better myself. The way rev boxes make it hard to start is if the battery is not fully charged and it WILL NOT START.