PDA

View Full Version : honda style carrier conversion

SRH
05-14-2004, 11:42 PM
well i just noticed my caliper is mounted all the way on the backside of the rotor, at first i thought htis was how it was suppose to be but now i see everyones elses is on the top, i though they had put it on the back to clear the exhaust , i noticed the caliper has alot of play as far as going forward with the rotor, is this because the caliper is on the back side of the rotor... and this sucks because those 8x8 hipers with the inegrated hub were really hard to get on the axle...fun getting it off too i bet:mad:

raptorrider
05-17-2004, 12:29 PM
lol, what the heck does your brake caliper, which is mounted on the swingarm, have to do with mounting rims? That doesnt make any sense.

SRH
05-17-2004, 02:26 PM
wow folks what a ****in genius we have on this site, if he could only read, he would see that you need to take the wheel off to remove the brake plate and antifade off the axle

anyhow i took the brake plate off tried flipping it around no luck, i noticed that my brake plat is messed up or soimething for th eyfz caliper, the caliper is hitting the swingarm:mad:

raptorrider
05-17-2004, 02:31 PM
It just didnt make any sense dude. Wow folks, what a friggin smart @$$ we have here!

Anyways, the Honda style carriers with R brake caliper puts the caliper right on top. Maybe you have a screwed up mount.

SRH
05-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by raptorrider
It just didnt make any sense dude. Wow folks, what a friggin smart @$$ we have here!

Anyways, the Honda style carriers with R brake caliper puts the caliper right on top. Maybe you have a screwed up mount.

i have a yfz caliper... everything else is r and the brake plate if for a yfz caliper with r components...supposedly...