PDA

View Full Version : whoever has a clymers 400ex manual and a scannr or digital camera, please read!!!!!

Silver400EXinBR
05-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Whoever hs a 400ex clymers repair manual and a scanner or dig. camera. I am trying to get one but there all out here in townn, I needs yalls help because I need it off and back on tomorrow. Please refer to it and scan/take pictures of all the pages on removing and reinstalling the right crankcase cover/clutch cover. I would greatly appreciate it.. I am in real need of this.. I need to get it off and all fixed this weekend. Thanks alot ya'll.

-Randy

JOEX
05-14-2004, 11:07 PM
Just buy the darn thing. Then you will have everything you need for future repairs.

Silver400EXinBR
05-15-2004, 07:30 AM
if u would have read my previous post I AM!!!! I called the stores yesterday and no where around here has one!! So, I needs yall help for this one time, I thought this site is supposed to help people but it seems all they do is flame. be cocky, and help no one at all... It was pretty good when I first started using it, now its just useless...

Bill Fuller
05-15-2004, 08:11 AM
I gave mine away when I bought the YFZ but maybe I can help what are you needing help with?

oriclez
05-15-2004, 09:57 AM
there really isn't much to it for the most part of removing it. Youll just need a new set of gaskets. Just take off the bolts holding the clutch and crank cover on, and youll have a gasket between them which is a pain to get off. You might want to use a wooden dal and go behind it and tap on the backside of the case from the other side.

H_W
05-15-2004, 04:09 PM
Just make sure you turn the little arm that the clutch cable hooks to counter-clockwise when pulling the cover off.

Silver400EXinBR
05-15-2004, 04:38 PM
got it off and the bolt came out thanks for all the help

JOEX
05-15-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Silver400EXinBR
if u would have read my previous post I AM!!!! I called the stores yesterday and no where around here has one!! So, I needs yall help for this one time, I thought this site is supposed to help people but it seems all they do is flame. be cocky, and help no one at all... It was pretty good when I first started using it, now its just useless...
Sorry, I overlooked that part of your post.

Martin Blair
05-16-2004, 12:22 AM
it is easy just remeber how you took it apart to put it back togeht. btw hrca has online amnuals

ewalker302
05-16-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Silver400EXinBR

Dude everybody on here has tried to help.
You have posted 3 times about the same thing.

Like 10 ppl have told you to just do it----if you are that scared to take the cover off, then you prob should take it somebody else to do it.

Looking at the manual isnt nearly as good as just remembering how you took it apart.

It's not like springs & gears are gonna come flying out when you pull the cover.

:bandit:

Silver400EXinBR
05-17-2004, 06:06 AM
do you read???? I have poted 2 times and on both post, i postedf I have done it, the bolts out and the bike is fixed and i thanked everyone that helped.. SO there was no point n you posting that thread just now because I am done and I got it.!!!!

ewalker302
05-17-2004, 06:12 PM
Oh my bad, I should have searched for your other two threads about the same thing before posting to this one, sorry about that.

Oh yeah, can somebody please videotape changing the oil? I really need it to be step by step and real fast too. I want to go through it frame by frame so I don't miss anything. I just don't want to mess anything up.
If I don't get videos in a few minutes I'll post this again.

:bandit:

Silver400EXinBR
05-17-2004, 06:26 PM
i had one other post, not 2i posted the same reply in both threads i fixed it and got it off, got the bolt out, and put the case bcak on.- U stupid little @#$%# I am struggling as it is supporting me, my fiance and a baby and I am the only one able to work right now.. And I am paying 2 car note, 2 insurance note, 2 phone bills and a pile of other bills.... And also newborn his needs... Something you probably don't know about I dont have the money right now to bring it somewhere to get fixed But i still wanna riode it and have a little of a life right now. I fgured I could do it my self as which i did without your help!!! So, there was no point you even writing on this thread if all you wre gonna do is start sh*t. I had no clue on what I was up against. This fuc**ing forum is for stuff like this when people need help.. ANd i thank everyone that did and you and everybody else like you that all you like to do is talk sh*t and gotta tlk **** on a computer F**K OFF!!!!!! ANd i really could care less about this site now cause of this dumb f*ck here and the other that are just like him. I met some really cool people on this site and alot that are very helpful buts its stupid fuc*s like you that make me dont even care to look at it again! so just go mess with someone else and leave me alone!