PDA

View Full Version : I found somthing bad about a YFZ

seven
05-14-2004, 09:01 PM
Everybody has one! It used to be a lot of custom quads and such but now everything is a mostly stock YFZ. Personally I think part of the fun in owning a quad is Pride of ownership. You show up to the track or play area to show off your quad. With the YFZ its almost like having a dirt bike, There everywhere! Dont get me wrong they are a great quad and if I was going to buy a new one that would be it, But it takes some of the fun out of the custom hybrids and such.

hondafox440
05-14-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by seven
Everybody has one! It used to be a lot of custom quads and such but now everything is a mostly stock YFZ. Personally I think part of the fun in owning a quad is Pride of ownership. You show up to the track or play area to show off your quad. With the YFZ its almost like having a dirt bike, There everywhere! Dont get me wrong they are a great quad and if I was going to buy a new one that would be it, But it takes some of the fun out of the custom hybrids and such.

Like a dirtbike? Not all dirtbikes are the same, just like not all quads are the same. There are more models of (racing) dirtbikes than there are of (racing) quads..

Got nads?
05-14-2004, 09:09 PM
I got a yfz and it don't look like anything out there. Some people just don't have any problem with riding something that looks the same as a half-million other quads out there. All it take is a couple days and about $200 to powdercoat a frame and already it will look like a totally different quad. I also feel that part of the fun is having something different and having the ability to show it off!

Pvt. Maggot
05-14-2004, 10:20 PM
i always thought the bad thing was that they were a yamaha :o :devil: ;)

Punk'd
05-14-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
i always thought the bad thing was that they were a yamaha :o :devil: ;)

brazilian rider
05-14-2004, 11:38 PM

I think you are desperate to have one dude

pairanutz
05-15-2004, 01:41 AM
my buddy had the same thought -so he got black limited plastic with gytr graphics-so he can be different fo a while

05-15-2004, 04:57 AM
i get what ur saying man there is no scence in geting a yfz if every 1 has 1 its like this " hey look at my yfz " then the other guy gos " hey look at my yfz " and that could co on and on

brazilian rider
05-15-2004, 05:41 AM
let me ask you justin, what`s your ride?
Explain to me howcome having a great, one of the best bikes in the market, with an incredible mix of power, hadling, suspension doesn`t make scence????

mascman
05-15-2004, 06:13 AM
This conversation could have taken place in 1999...only everyone would be talking about their 400EXs!:p

Understand what I'm trying to say? It was the latest and the greatest back then so everyone wanted one.

That's why I went with a new TRX...I just wanted to have a top of the line quad...and now i do!:devil:

seven
05-15-2004, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by brazilian rider
I think you are desperate to have one dude

Theres one in my garage I can ride any time I want.

seven
05-15-2004, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by pairanutz
my buddy had the same thought -so he got black limited plastic with gytr graphics-so he can be different fo a while

Thats a nice looking Yfz!
And i am not saying they arent a great bike. Its just everybody and there dog has one.

05-15-2004, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by brazilian rider
let me ask you justin, what`s your ride?
Explain to me howcome having a great, one of the best bikes in the market, with an incredible mix of power, hadling, suspension doesn`t make scence???? i have an xr 100 but im just making a point i could have used a 400ex in my point but i used a yfz all im saying is every 1 has them so when u go to show it off its no fun becasue every 1 has them

xr50layke
05-15-2004, 06:30 AM
good point justin but im not in this sport to show off, id love a yfz lol, hey think about this, nobody around here rides so if you went down the road with a 300ex people would be amazed...i know we would :p

05-15-2004, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by xr50layke
good point justin but im not in this sport to show off, id love a yfz lol, hey think about this, nobody around here rides so if you went down the road with a 300ex people would be amazed...i know we would :p u have a good point a bike gos down my road and i dash for my front door like im racing for a cookie or some fried chicken just last night i saw 2 quads go down the raod and i stubed my toe but i keep going

xr50layke
05-15-2004, 08:46 AM
lmfao tons of quad go by but we never find out who they are lol

Birddog92
05-15-2004, 08:50 AM
my god that's an awesomely bad *** yfz...ha wishi could get rid of my quad and had my 73' cb 450 bike runnin..it runs but i need to flush the lines it was in storage for a whle, then i would sell em both plus cash to go buy one brand spankin new righ toutta the box... what a great felling that would be

blondie69
05-15-2004, 09:43 AM
There's only 1 yfz around here...I don't see a huge abundance of them:huh

The only racingy type quads around here are...lets see...a pred, 400ex, raptor, the yfz, then every other person owns a utility:huh :o

But the thing about the people that own the pred, and the raptor...their the type that go down the main road doin wheelies (goin to the liquor store) w/ no helmets...their idiots. Both dropped outa school (their 18 & 19) and they both bought their quads from a place where u get stolen quads...:huh Oh and there was another pred...but the guy got caught doin chit and he's in jail right now...

team_450_88
05-15-2004, 09:52 AM
:( Thats one reason I dont wanna sell my crf450...I go to the indoor races in the winter and there would be some totally tricked out yfzs but I mean there was just so many of them ppl wouldnt really go look at them like they did the hybird quads that where there..I donno I like the thought of knowing there isnt gonna be 13 of the same quads as I have on the line..it leaves a little mystery with me 2 cause ill never be able to use the excuse that they got the same bike and theres has more on it..get wut im saying? haha.....

Ryan

YamaWarr0121
05-15-2004, 10:12 AM
and this is the reason why i love my cannondale, and always have loved them..nobody has them, your different, people think they suck, that is, until you blow the doors off them:cool:

YamaWarr0121
05-15-2004, 10:12 AM
oh yea, but yfz's do rock too thats why i have one of them, too!:eek2:

( just lettin the guy with the black n red yfz) i have the same color set up:p

SRH
05-15-2004, 10:33 AM
there is more 400exs out there than anything else and i always found a way o make mine look really nice and unique as i do with my yfz

LTandRaptorider
05-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by SRH
there is more 400exs out there than anything else and i always found a way o make mine look really nice and unique as i do with my yfz

That I have no doubt about... since you're a unique person!:blah:

I know... this comin from me...:rolleyes: :p

Kennethyfz450
05-15-2004, 11:01 PM
3 450r's 2 yfz450s 4 banshees 2 raptors 1 pred 4 z400's

i lost count of how many 400ex we have

1 trail blazer 330 1 big bear 4x4 350

bunch of honda formaans and trx 300

3 warriors 1 mojava

2 scramblers

1 400 rancher
2 350 ranchers
polaris 700
polaris 2stoke 400
griz
recon
2 rinicon
7 250r's none stock !

thats about the only people i go riding with ..

05-15-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
That I have no doubt about... since you're a unique person!:blah:

I know... this comin from me...:rolleyes: :p are you hitting on him? :huh you do have a pink truck & all so your sexuality is already put to the question

Birddog92
05-16-2004, 06:14 AM
Wait those are the people you ride with right cause you say i dk how many 400ex's you have so it makes it seem like you own all of them

QuadJunkies
05-16-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
are you hitting on him? :huh you do have a pink truck & all so your sexuality is already put to the question I dont think you quite understood what he meant.........:huh

AtvMxRider
05-16-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
are you hitting on him? :huh you do have a pink truck & all so your sexuality is already put to the question

It's magenta :devil:

QuadJunkies
05-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
It's magenta :devil: thats right......We did come to an agreement on that huh.......:p ;)

roostin_dale
05-16-2004, 05:42 PM
i thought the same thing when i bought a yfz..but i am going to buy whatever it takes to win.

Thats soemthing else i like about my c-dale....NObody around here has one...

seven
05-16-2004, 08:55 PM
Thats one thing, Around here almost nobody has a cannondale. I thought about getting one for a while, But I was nervous about getting parts for it.

QuadJunkies
05-16-2004, 09:12 PM
Thats one thing, Around here almost nobody has a cannondale. I thought about getting one for a while, But I was nervous about getting parts for it. I could have sworn I heard Troy say something about Lance just bought one????:eek2:

yfz450ryder09
05-17-2004, 12:35 PM
6 400exs 1 yfz-me 1 cannondale -me 1 300ex 2 banshees 2 450rs 1 predator wtf are you talking about 1million 400exs are out being riden everyweekend and you talk the yfz theres 2 many of them? thats because they dominate the track period. :devil:

QuadJunkies
05-17-2004, 01:14 PM
I think some of you are missing Sevens point........:huh I get what you are saying...;)

seamonster
05-17-2004, 02:18 PM
Most of the racers I know and race with choose to run the YFZ because the bike is incredible right off the showroom floor...I would rather run a competitive bike that possibly looks like someone elses than run a bike that looks original but wont keep you in the hunt for 1st place.....there is a reason alot of people are running them.....right now, nothing else is better..have a nice day.........:)

cheetah
05-17-2004, 03:19 PM
That's what I love about my cannondale too. I really miss being able to walk into a dealership though and get anything I need. I'm running the whole GNCC circuit and sometimes I have trouble finding what I need in stock from race to race. I always find it, but you have to be willing to look. I broke my nerfs a week ago and I can't find any propeg nerfs in stock for a cdale they are all on backorder. My dad was wanting me to switch to a YFZ, but I just can't after seeing how many there are at races. Plus I know my motor is faster than an equally built YFZ and the power is more useable too. I go to the races and only see less than 10 cdales and to me that's what I like. Plus I already have a nicely set up dale so I just don't want to switch. But the reason everyone has one is they are the best right now. (Well the best currently being made.:o )

roostin_dale
05-17-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by cheetah
That's what I love about my cannondale too. I really miss being able to walk into a dealership though and get anything I need. I'm running the whole GNCC circuit and sometimes I have trouble finding what I need in stock from race to race. I always find it, but you have to be willing to look. I broke my nerfs a week ago and I can't find any propeg nerfs in stock for a cdale they are all on backorder. My dad was wanting me to switch to a YFZ, but I just can't after seeing how many there are at races. Plus I know my motor is faster than an equally built YFZ and the power is more useable too. I go to the races and only see less than 10 cdales and to me that's what I like. Plus I already have a nicely set up dale so I just don't want to switch. But the reason everyone has one is they are the best right now. (Well the best currently being made.:o )

Did you call Haydug for the nerfs? he prob. has some X-factors.

anytime i break something on my c-dale i will calll him and he will get me what i need. www.haydugcycles.com

seven
05-17-2004, 05:23 PM
I would like to see Honda, suzuki,kawi, step up. I know I will get crap for this but honda isnt in the same league as the YFZ for MX. If you got the big 4 to all make a real performance quad like the yfz that would be cool. Right now at the nationals almost every quad on the gate is a YFZ.

rs169300
05-17-2004, 07:42 PM
I would like to see Honda, suzuki,kawi, step up. I know I will get crap for this but honda isnt in the same league as the YFZ for MX. If you got the big 4 to all make a real performance quad like the yfz that would be cool. Right now at the nationals almost every quad on the gate is a YFZ.

From what I hear, some GNC pro racers are on the Hon. now when they was riding the Yam. eariler this year. Also I have not seen anyone switch frome the Hon. to the Yam. It is always the other way around. :eek2:

QuadJunkies
05-18-2004, 12:03 AM
I hate to say it too......Troy tried one on the MX this wk end and hes a BIG Honda fan....He liked the YFZ better stock for stock.....If widened and a few mods were made,he said he thought he would like it,but it felt tippy to him and not as powered up,yet had good power also the YFZ just felt stronger.......This is just his opinion on it,but thats the beauty of all these quads...We now have many choices........:D

Out_Sider
05-18-2004, 07:59 AM
well..if you're buying whatever it takes to win..buy a yosh/suzuki z400...that seems to be the fastest machine in the gnc pro class.. :o

team_450_88
05-18-2004, 11:27 AM
dont get me wrong im not saying anything bad about the suzukis but noone knows how much money they dump in dougs bike to keep him competive with the yfzs and the hondas...I dont think its dougs bike, I think its DOUG himself...the guy has been around racing all his life and knows alot about it and thats plays a big factor in his wins.. Just my thoughts

blakefoote
05-18-2004, 12:03 PM
Hey ryan i get wut ur sayin. And by the way this is Blake foote

cheetah
05-19-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
Did you call Haydug for the nerfs? he prob. has some X-factors.

anytime i break something on my c-dale i will calll him and he will get me what i need. www.haydugcycles.com

Yea I did. Doug is actually who I bought the machine from and a good guy. He said he was needing a set too, but X-Factor has had them on backorder. Jeff can't find any, MAZ doesn't have any, and K&K is out of stock. Luckily I found a set for sale today on cannondaleriders. Still after Rausch Creek I'm leaking a lot of oil through a small hole just under the impeller. Just wondering if you have heard of this or know what it could be. We have the motor dropped and going to check around on the situation. I also just found out my rear Elka has blew so I have to get that fixed. So I now need to fix my motor, get nerfs, and repair the shock so I'm just glad we have a month break before the Patriot. I'm finding everything I need just have to put a little more effort into searching for it.