PDA

View Full Version : sun poisioning

RobbRacer
05-14-2004, 08:25 PM
just curious if anyone has had sun poisioning. i went all day monday mowing and got burnt really bad and got it. it was one of the most painful and irretating(sp) experiances i have had just wondering if anyone had this problem and what you did to help it heal.

bansheerider_13
05-14-2004, 08:28 PM
ive had it before when i was younger really bad put some aloe sp? on it will take they burning away from it

Towlieee
05-14-2004, 08:29 PM
sun poisioning? Around missouri we call that a sun burn :)

bansheerider_13
05-14-2004, 08:32 PM
sun posioning is where you get real sick from it and start throwing up alot worse then regular sun burn

Towlieee
05-14-2004, 08:34 PM
oh wow.. never heard of it

xr50layke
05-14-2004, 08:36 PM
i guess its because im fat that the sun makes me get sick a lot from headaches, yes, i get sun poisining as soon as a headache comes. sometimes its nosebleeds when its hot. got one in my sleep last night.

Quad18star
05-14-2004, 08:37 PM
Im thinking sun poisoning , you mean Heat Stroke??? Ive seen people end up in the hospital cuz of this ... very dangerous !!!

RobbRacer
05-14-2004, 08:43 PM
mine hurt and itched so bad that i took a cold shower for an hour
then was up all night. the next day it came back and i put ice cold rags on my back and sat in front of a fan and then it finally went away.

xr50layke
05-14-2004, 08:55 PM
whoa thats exactly what i did. took a cold shower for an hour, felt better, but then, the feeling comes back, so i stay in a bit longer, get out, comes back, ice pack and fan all night time....i found that, shoving my fan into my window shoves in cold air into my room it works great except not if the farmers are spreading around you not to mention the mosquitos and bee guts on my floor. i have a computer/tv/stereo system/ps2 in my room so it gets hot. not if i turn on the fans and open the window though. i tell you a headache is like the worst feeling ever. even my toe surgury didnt hurt as much.

Got nads?
05-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Is that not called heat stroke?

RobbRacer
05-14-2004, 09:22 PM
i dont think so it is just to much sun at one time

RMX500
05-14-2004, 09:26 PM
it's called heat stroke.

it's like calling fear from a movie "scare poisoning"

LTandRaptorider
05-14-2004, 09:37 PM
could try soaking in a hot tub...:eek2:

xr50layke
05-14-2004, 09:43 PM
i find having a cold shower (sometimes flicking off the hot water for a second so a split second its super cold water) helps, but being in a hot tub would just make it worse.

RobbRacer
05-15-2004, 08:12 AM
no heat stroke is alot worse than sun poisioning and dont try to be a know it. all look it up they are different 50 percent of people that have heat stroke die. and i dont think that i was about to die.

400exmom
05-15-2004, 08:56 AM
the 1st day i moved to florida in 1998 i got sun poisoning right in between my tits:o THAT CHIT HURTS!! i had to freeball boobie style for 3 weeks:eek:

LTandRaptorider
05-15-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by 400exmom
the 1st day i moved to florida in 1998 i got sun poisoning right in between my tits:o THAT CHIT HURTS!! i had to freeball boobie style for 3 weeks:eek:

:eek2:

And where was I when you needed someone to put lotion on?!:devil:

JTRtrx250r
05-15-2004, 01:31 PM
Ive experianced it:( too much sun and I was puking my guts out, was like a bad hangover w/o the spins:( the upset stomache over-powered the sun burn:rolleyes:

RobbRacer
05-15-2004, 01:36 PM
i was lucky i guess to not get the puking part but if it overpowered the burn then i might of rather of had that. what was weird was i got burnt on monday and it started hurting and itching on wednesday all i have to say is i wont be mowing with out a shirt on for a while

xr50layke
05-15-2004, 01:47 PM
is it because your bodily fluids are trying to heal your skin so you feel sick from the loss of nutrition?

JTRtrx250r
05-15-2004, 01:47 PM
I 1 time had a sun burn so bad that every pore I had was bleeding and that didnt make me hurl, but Im tellin ya it was the F'in worse sun burn Ive ever had, nothing like trying to sleep on your knees and elbows:o :p I couldnt even have a bed sheet on me,,and w/o out it I was getting goose bumps which hurt just as bad...man it was torture:D best thing you can do is be as hydrated as possible, and even that only helps so much haha:D

Quad18star
05-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by 400exmom
the 1st day i moved to florida in 1998 i got sun poisoning right in between my tits:o THAT CHIT HURTS!! i had to freeball boobie style for 3 weeks:eek: LOL ... foul language .... its called boobs or breasts .... not tits :blah: We'll let it slip this time but watch out :devil: ;) .... Im just joking by the way ... please dont get me banned :p

QuadJunkies
05-15-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by RobbRacer
just curious if anyone has had sun poisioning. i went all day monday mowing and got burnt really bad and got it. it was one of the most painful and irretating(sp) experiances i have had just wondering if anyone had this problem and what you did to help it heal.
I did once..It sucked sooo bad........:( I peeled for a full month, the weird part was I was so sick from the sun that I went to the E.R. and they gave me a Tetanis Shot for it:huh

Kim...........LMAO....you crack me up!!!! ones under the Butt cheeks dont feel to good either........:o

QuadJunkies
05-15-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
Ive experianced it:( too much sun and I was puking my guts out, was like a bad hangover w/o the spins:( the upset stomache over-powered the sun burn:rolleyes: Thats hw I was... I even had Blisteres on my eyelids....:(
Man... yours sounded terrible!!:eek2:

LTandRaptorider
05-15-2004, 09:46 PM
I may have one worse... when I was young, I was given the chore of painting garage doors with creosote. I managed to splash some on my arms and chest, then in the afternoon I was in the sun bailing hay. Sun and creosote= bad things man! :eek2: As Dr. Smith from Lost in Space would say... Oh the pain... :eek: :(

Quad18star
05-15-2004, 10:01 PM
LMAO .... Last summer my buddy decided to put Nair on his chest ... ( the hair remover) Well he had a bad reaction to it and got 2nd degree burns . This all happened while we were on a trip for a weekend while all our buddies so we ended up spending one night out of our weekend at the clinic getting him checked out and bandaged up ..... I don't think he'll be using that stuff this year when we go for the weekend again .

QuadJunkies
05-16-2004, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
I may have one worse... when I was young, I was given the chore of painting garage doors with creosote. I managed to splash some on my arms and chest, then in the afternoon I was in the sun bailing hay. Sun and creosote= bad things man! :eek2: As Dr. Smith from Lost in Space would say... Oh the pain... :eek: :(

ScrnNmsSUCK
05-16-2004, 11:57 AM
THis kid i know got a huge bubble on his back from it.

JDiablo
05-16-2004, 08:41 PM
wow....some of this stuff sounds pretty nasty....i got burned this weekend,but it is just sun burn and i hate it...lol i feel bad for whoever got the "sun poisinging"....but i have to ask...how the heck would you get in on your buttchecks?or in between:confused: :eek2: lol

QuadJunkies
05-16-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
"....but i have to ask...how the heck would you get in on your buttchecks?or in between:confused: :eek2: lol a Tanning bed will give you a burn on the Crack!!:eek: :p and the cheeks from having a skimpy bottoms to a suit will do it too if your tanning.......LOL

Quad18star
05-16-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
a Tanning bed will give you a burn on the Crack!!:eek: :p and the cheeks from having a skimpy bottoms to a suit will do it too if your tanning.......LOL Proof ???? LOL :blah:

QuadJunkies
05-17-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Proof ???? LOL :blah: :o :devil:

JDiablo
05-17-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Proof ???? LOL :blah:

lol :macho

LTandRaptorider
05-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
a Tanning bed will give you a burn on the Crack!!:eek: :p and the cheeks from having a skimpy bottoms to a suit will do it too if your tanning.......LOL

Ouch... talk about red snapper!:eek2: :blah:

RobbRacer
05-17-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Ouch... talk about red snapper!:eek2: :blah:

haha:p