PDA

View Full Version : Who knows how to take off Right crankcase cover on 400ex? I need it in detail...

Silver400EXinBR
05-14-2004, 04:31 PM
Well, you see where the arrow is pointing? Well a bolt is broke off in there....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid115/p99693a04b9606b4683fb32562ebc4477/f8c597f6.jpg
Now, Can someone please tell me step by step on what I need to do to remove the clutch cable, well thats common sense, but what I mean is afterI take all the bolts out the case and the 2 lines running in it, How do you remove where the clutch cable goes into the case and wherever it attaches to in there.. I am a mechanic at a dealership, I know cars but have never messed with a 4 wheeler motor, I am sureI could figure it out but I dont want to break anything when I can get you guys help... So, if you would please give me a good detailed list on what I need to do to get the cover off to where I can try and get the bolt out. nd is there any special ways to get the cover back on after putting the new gasket. Thanks alot with all the info you all give me... Thanks alot Randy

Doibugu2
05-14-2004, 04:42 PM
buy yourself a repair manual. Even if someone gives you detailed instructions it won't be as good as a repair manual.

Besides you will use it for more than just this.

(you can download one off the net if you can find it)

Silver400EXinBR
05-14-2004, 04:52 PM
well, I kind of wantd to take if out tommorrow morning and cant get to the city to go get one, I am going get one for sure thi week coming up but i just needs yall help for this one time.... And possibly but i doubt yall would do is posting pictures would be very helpful too,,, Thanks randy

44oEX
05-14-2004, 05:31 PM
all you have to do is drain the oil. take out all the bolts and oil lines. unhook the clutch cable and pull out the cover. it could need a little help from a rubber hammer. cause they seal up pretty good

44oEX
05-14-2004, 05:35 PM
the hook for the clutch does not have to come off. it can only be taking out with the cover off. to put it back just put the gasket make sure the thing for the clutch is place in a way that it can hook on the pin. and just put it on.

Silver400EXinBR
05-14-2004, 05:36 PM
thanks for the help byut i need littlemore info so the little piece the cabkle hooks to doesnt need to unhood from insdie the case? and where do u hit with the rubber hammer? I would appreciate it someone could be really specific on how to do this? thanks for the little of help tho

44oEX
05-14-2004, 05:41 PM
the plate that holeds the cable comes off but the hook at the end does not. just unhook the cable. you can hit it anywhere. it's just to knock it lose. Like you would do with car parts. But you might not need to hit it. it might come off real easy it all depends on your luck. don't worry you can't really mess it up. it pretty simple.

KY Woods Rider
05-15-2004, 01:12 AM
Maybe this will help you out... http://www.geocities.com/born2bwild81/ChadsATVpage_EXclutch.html

Of course you won't need to take the clutch apart, so you can just skip over those steps.

Silver400EXinBR
05-15-2004, 08:11 AM
i really appreciate it. At least there is some people that will help... It seems liek no one will help anyone anymore on this site... ALl they gotta do is flame and be cocky and argue who's wire tie looks better than each others.. But i realy appreciate the info and as soon as I get back from baton rouge, I am about to take her apart.

QuAdEr 317
05-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Silver400EXinBR
Well, you see where the arrow is pointing? Well a bolt is broke off in there....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid115/p99693a04b9606b4683fb32562ebc4477/f8c597f6.jpg
Now, Can someone please tell me step by step on what I need to do to remove the clutch cable, well thats common sense, but what I mean is afterI take all the bolts out the case and the 2 lines running in it, How do you remove where the clutch cable goes into the case and wherever it attaches to in there.. I am a mechanic at a dealership, I know cars but have never messed with a 4 wheeler motor, I am sureI could figure it out but I dont want to break anything when I can get you guys help... So, if you would please give me a good detailed list on what I need to do to get the cover off to where I can try and get the bolt out. nd is there any special ways to get the cover back on after putting the new gasket. Thanks alot with all the info you all give me... Thanks alot Randy

same thing happened to me i jus tapped it out and used screw out or sumtin lik that than put a new bolt in

Silver400EXinBR
05-15-2004, 04:37 PM
got it off and the bolt came out thanks for all the help