PDA

View Full Version : Working For Bombardier !!!

Quad18star
05-14-2004, 04:01 PM
Well I went to see one of my Buddies that works for our local Bombardier dealership ... they just opened a brand new shop and it looks amazing . Anyways , I'm standing there talkign with him , he's a salesman , and the owner of the shop comes over and he introduces himself to me . We get to talking and he asks me what kinda of experience I have working with ATV and Snowmobiles , and I told him I've been with the largest aftermarket parts dealer for these tyes of machines in Canada for 3 years now . This guy hasn't even talked to me for more than 10 minutes and he offers me a job working either their parts department or sales , which ever I WANT !!!! My jaw must have hit the ground . I'd be making pretty good cash , plus commission , plus benefits , and I'd be able to use either an ATV , a Sea Doo , Sea Doo boat , or a sled during the winter on weekends if I want to ... all i gotta do is gas it up :devil: . Now its decision time ... Ive been with Royal Distributing for 3 years and theyve treated me awesome and I'm at the top of the senority list ... do I give this up and go work for Bombardier and start at the bottom or stick with Royal and be at the top ..... I think I'm gunna have to brush up on my sales skills and start learning about Bombardier ATVs , Sea Doos , Jet Boats and Ski Doo sleds ..... :blah: Would you guys take this job or stick with a company thats treated you well for 3 years >?????

05-14-2004, 04:06 PM
even thoe they treated u good id be like im gonna fo work for this other company unless u pay me more and if no have fun at bombardier

44oEX
05-14-2004, 04:19 PM
yeah what he sayed

Guy400
05-14-2004, 04:26 PM
I guess it depends on how much more money the dealership would be offering. It's tough walking away from an established business where they've treated you well and going to an upstart business whom you've got no idea how they run their show. Don't be fooled by their sales pitch on how much money you'd make as a salesman. Those numbers they throw at you are at the higher end of the spectrum and don't reflect what you can realistically expect to make. My cousin got lured into this by selling cars. He went to a dealership where they told him he'd be making $75k/year. After more than a year of working there he only made $26k. One month he'd make $6000 but then he might only make a couple hundred dollars for the next 5 months. Sales is truly a 'feast or famine' business unless you get lucky at a dealership.

Do whatever you think is best for you. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...and then you find out it's poison ivy.

Quad18star
05-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
I guess it depends on how much more money the dealership would be offering. It's tough walking away from an established business where they've treated you well and going to an upstart business whom you've got no idea how they run their show. Don't be fooled by their sales pitch on how much money you'd make as a salesman. Those numbers they throw at you are at the higher end of the spectrum and don't reflect what you can realistically expect to make. My cousin got lured into this by selling cars. He went to a dealership where they told him he'd be making $75k/year. After more than a year of working there he only made $26k. One month he'd make $6000 but then he might only make a couple hundred dollars for the next 5 months. Sales is truly a 'feast or famine' business unless you get lucky at a dealership.

Do whatever you think is best for you. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...and then you find out it's poison ivy. I know what you're talking about ... They are a brand new Bombardier dealership , but they've been an established John Deere dealer for many years now . They are only gunna offer me a few dollars more than what I'm making right now . My buddy that works there is making pretty good cash doing sales . I know this dealership is gunna stay in business cuz its the only dealership for Bombardier in our region of 180 000 people and snowmobiling is our biggest attraction . If I don't go into the sales part of it , he wants me to take over for his Parts Department Manager cuz he has no clue what he's doign in there. Theres a lot of responsibilities involved but I'd be up for the challenge . I know alot of the snowmobilers because of where I work right now ... lot of them have asked me why I aint working over there right now also . I hate making these decisions :macho

AtvMxRider
05-14-2004, 04:58 PM
You just have to remember to the grass is not always greener on the other side.

redroost85
05-14-2004, 06:39 PM
I wish I was in that predicament, lol!:( :)

My pap always used to say....don't cut off that hand that is feedin ya.;)

Guy is right on this one. Sales can be a cut throat business. Feast or famine it is.

bulkdriverlp
05-14-2004, 07:48 PM
stick with the sure thing, get to ride new stuff on the weekends? sowhat think about the long run. it would take you a long time to get where you are now, thinkabout it.;) ed