PDA

View Full Version : She Wants It Louder

SCOOTER450R
05-14-2004, 02:43 PM
My wife rides a 03' 3ooEX that is all stock... well she rode the 450R w/ the HRC kit and she wants her 3ooEX to be louder and maybe a bit faster. She really likes having electric start and reverse so getting her a 400EX or 450R is not a option.
So has anyone tried to mod the stock pipe with any luck?
I really don't think it would be worth buying a aftermarket pipe.
I can cut it up and take the baffels out but I don't know how tuned it would be to wake up power... yeah the more flow will help but I think there's a art to how if flows in and out of muffler.
Well I'm just looking for ideas!

44oEX
05-14-2004, 02:46 PM
you could get a pipe but I would also like to know how to mod a stock pipe. And don't you people get all crazy it's not for the 500

Snow
05-14-2004, 08:55 PM
could be wrong but i read somewhere that taking the baffle out makes it slower, not sure though. If you can weld then i would cut it open, gut it out, and weld it back

Gatorman199
05-15-2004, 09:34 AM
I have a 2001 300ex(currently trying to sell with a few mods) i have a full FMF(one of the mods) and when i remove the airbox lid it is noticably louder(deeper people say i have a 500cc in there lol)

drifterx
05-16-2004, 04:57 PM
There is a little plate and gasket under the tip of the muffler, attached with 2 small bolts. I took it off, still not much louder, so I pulled out the grinder and made the hole about 2 times as big, and its a lot louder, but not like a pipe would be. The stock jetting is fine for this too. But it didn't to much at all for performance.

QuadJunkies
05-18-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by nacsracer250r
could be wrong but i read somewhere that taking the baffle out makes it slower, not sure though. you heard right........;) the top end will suffer.......

QuadJunkies
05-18-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by SCOOTER450R
My wife rides a 03' 3ooEX that is all stock... well she rode the 450R w/ the HRC kit and she wants her 3ooEX to be louder and maybe a bit faster. She really likes having electric start and reverse so getting her a 400EX or 450R is not a option.
So has anyone tried to mod the stock pipe with any luck?
I really don't think it would be worth buying a aftermarket pipe.
I can cut it up and take the baffels out but I don't know how tuned it would be to wake up power... yeah the more flow will help but I think there's a art to how if flows in and out of muffler.
Well I'm just looking for ideas!

Thanks:p go and get that women a Yoshi!!!! They sound GOOD on a 300ex and you will be amazed how much it helps her mid range!!:blah: :macho

dirtmomma
05-18-2004, 08:50 AM
YEP better go get her a pipe LOL if you don't want to spend alot of $$ I have an FMF Megamax that sounds nice & throaty on mine, it is almost like the WB on our 400, not quite as loud though. I LOVE the way it sounds!! I heard a Yoshi @ the races this winter & it was quite :huh sorry QJ maybe they had a quiet core on it or something but I didn't like the sound at all. I wouldn't modify the stock pipe cuz then they sound like chit, my nephew did it & it is rednecky LMAO bout 200-250 for a FMF I do believe!! If she wants it faster after that then you could go w/ a 75.5mm high comp Wiseco piston, it woke mine up nicely. Good luck,

QuadJunkies
05-18-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
YEP better go get her a pipe LOL if you don't want to spend alot of $$ I have an FMF Megamax that sounds nice & throaty on mine, it is almost like the WB on our 400, not quite as loud though. I LOVE the way it sounds!! I heard a Yoshi @ the races this winter & it was quite :huh sorry QJ maybe they had a quiet core on it or something but I didn't like the sound at all. I wouldn't modify the stock pipe cuz then they sound like chit, my nephew did it & it is rednecky LMAO bout 200-250 for a FMF I do believe!! If she wants it faster after that then you could go w/ a 75.5mm high comp Wiseco piston, it woke mine up nicely. Good luck, yeah, I bet it didi have a core in it, especailly where Sound DB is so strict over that way.......I didnt have one in mine and my DB level was somewhere around a 102:D its nice and thoaty yet not obnoxious and a great mid reange

300extreme#8
06-03-2004, 07:20 PM
get a hmf pipe good for the price ,and adds hp

Ryan
06-04-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by SCOOTER450R

Maybe look into a lt-z/kfx400. They have alot more power than the 300ex, and Electric start and reverse is there!

That is if you got some cash to spend ;) .

dirtmomma
06-05-2004, 11:47 AM
Hey Scooter, well I just did some mods to mine & WOW what a difference!!!! WE put in a WEB cam stage 3, w/ hardened rockers, the same piston 11:1 comp,& had my head ported (big time) Man what a nice difference on the trails, my hubby rides a 400 & we'd get out on an open trail & he would be gone, well not now hehe, I'm keeping right up w/ him I think if I put on some 22 rear tires I'd be right next to him, that was in the deep *** mudd & ruts so it is probably better on the dry!! The mods were definetly worth EVERY penny :D :D :D BTW it's easy to do also ;)