View Full Version : 400ex a arms , swingarm, and shocks fit a 450r?

mxhonda86
05-14-2004, 01:49 PM
will 400ex lt a arms, shocks, and a swingarm fit on a 450r? thanks

WOracing
05-14-2004, 01:57 PM
The shocks will with some working out done but people have posted results and not liked the outcome.

05-14-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by WOracing
The shocks will with some working out done but people have posted results and not liked the outcome. wtf are you talking about? mine bolted up perfectly fine..my standard works lowered my front ride hieghth alot & took away all of the tippy side to side feeling & handling improved alto...heres a crappy pic.

Hammer trx450r
05-14-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
wtf are you talking about? mine bolted up perfectly fine..my standard works lowered my front ride hieghth alot & took away all of the tippy side to side feeling & handling improved alto...heres a crappy pic.

:huh

mxhonda86
05-14-2004, 08:12 PM
so lt a arms off of a 400ex will fit a 450r? thanks

05-14-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
:huh whats your prob. now hammer :confused:

DEAL
05-14-2004, 10:47 PM
a-arms won't fit.
front shocks will but are a little bit shorter and need to be re-valved .. and the stroke it different from what I hear.
Swingarm will fit but I'm not sure how the linkage will work.

Hammer trx450r
05-15-2004, 04:45 AM
whats your prob. now hammer :confused:

just because they bolt on doesnt mean they work right. I'm pretty sure they are not the same lenght. you probably lost travel with those on there. It seems to be the what everyone is saying. I would hate to see people run out to ebay to buy 400 shocks for cheap thinking they work on a 450r.

DEAL
05-15-2004, 08:44 AM
wtf are you talking about? mine bolted up perfectly fine..my standard works lowered my front ride hieghth alot & took away all of the tippy side to side feeling & handling improved alto...heres a crappy pic.

I bet if you got someone on your quad that knew what they are doing, they could set up your stock suspension to work ALOT better than those works do.

AlaskaSpeed
05-15-2004, 09:22 PM
I agree....just because you can bolt a part on, doesn't mean it is working. Shocks are one of many places you don't cut corners and "make" things work. Then to act like you know what you are doing and everyone else is a moron for questioning you bolting on those 400ex shocks is plain funny....:o

05-15-2004, 09:27 PM
mine work better than before & I doubt these ****ty 450r shocks could be made to work good...I adjusted everything every which way & could never notice a difference in anything..i just ride recreational trails & I only weigh 135 lbs. if your gonna race or do any MX then they wont work..works better than before for me...but maybe im just some idiot kid so go ahead & keep bashing if it makes you feel better :rolleyes: welcome back alaska...hows ur YFZ holding up? i remember you got one when they first came out

AlaskaSpeed
05-15-2004, 09:28 PM
mine work better than before & I doubt these ****ty 450r shocks could be made to work good...I adjusted everything every which way & could never notice a difference in anything..i just ride recreational trails & I only weigh 135 lbs. if your gonna race or do any MX then they wont work..works better than before for me...but maybe im just some idiot kid so go ahead & keep bashing if it makes you feel better :rolleyes: welcome back alaska...hows ur YFZ holding up? i remember you got one when they first came out

Just like Batman would come to the rescue when he saw the bat signal in the sky...I am summoned when morons show their ugly heads.....;)

05-15-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
Just like Batman would come to the rescue when he saw the bat signal in the sky...I am summoned when morons show their ugly heads.....;) that was pretty gay & not really funny...come on, you coulda done better than that :rolleyes:

AlaskaSpeed
05-15-2004, 09:39 PM
that was pretty gay & not really funny...come on, you coulda done better than that :rolleyes:

Actually, that was as much effort as I felt like putting into that reply. Long weekend doing excavating and too tired to use the "good stuff" on ya.....;)

05-15-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
Actually, that was as much effort as I felt like putting into that reply. Long weekend doing excavating and too tired to use the "good stuff" on ya.....;) save it all up for later on a really dumb post I make, I cant wait, im gonna really try hard now :p

SRH
05-15-2004, 10:58 PM
works shocks kinda suck....stock yfz shocks are way better imo

05-15-2004, 11:10 PM
my works shocks perform just as well as elkas and others....the only thing that are from the works company in my shocks is the spring & the body...everything inside has been redone with a special kit

05-16-2004, 05:11 PM
i put tcs 400ex front shocks on my z 400 and thoght they worked good. then i put custom axis z 400 shocks on and it was like day ad night differance. since the 400ex shock is shorter than the 450r shock thats why it lowered it. but that also means you lost wheel travel in the front too.