PDA

View Full Version : handle bars questions

jetmec2k
05-14-2004, 12:34 PM
what company bar lets you keep the stock key hole and surrounding plastic peice...i like the tag bars but dont know any one running with them (pics would be nice) renthal it a trusted name but i dont think i can keep the plastic piece i wanna keep...what about pro tapers????any info would help

TC426EX
05-14-2004, 01:52 PM
as far as i know, bars dont affect the keyhole at all. The key is usually on the plastic somewhere. The bars just mount to the steering stem. You just need to have the right clamp size for standard or pro taper bars and make sure the bend is comfortable for you (CR-HI bend is my personal fave) and youre ready to rip...

-Paul
-TC426EX w/everything
-check it out on douggust.com...

jetmec2k
05-14-2004, 06:55 PM
i was thinking my ex was like a raptor when i wrote that post ..i know the key hole stays the same i was meaning to talk about the plastic cover....im going to discard when i get new bars...whats the best bars to get in ya'alls opinion???

04'400ex'er
05-14-2004, 07:15 PM
I think it just snaps on. I've seen Renthals with the pad cover over the plastic key piece.

jetmec2k
05-14-2004, 07:19 PM
i like the tag t2 bars the best so far but im going on looks at this point,but i want the bar that takes out as much bump as possoiblewhat can you all tell me about tag bars?????

04'400ex'er
05-14-2004, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jetmec2k
i like the tag t2 bars the best so far but im going on looks at this point,but i want the bar that takes out as much bump as possoiblewhat can you all tell me about tag bars????? [/QUOTE They are good,strong bars. You need a steering stabilizer to take care of the bumps, not new bars.

Snow
05-14-2004, 08:04 PM
i have renthals and i have no complaints, i bent the steering stem before the bars :devil:

Rebelrider4OOex
05-15-2004, 09:09 AM
im goin with tag t2 bars as soon as i get the money:devil:

04'400ex'er
05-15-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by nacsracer250r
i have renthals and i have no complaints, i bent the steering stem before the bars :devil:

I dont doubt that, If you bend renthals, you have really crashed.

jetmec2k
05-15-2004, 12:22 PM
are the renthals stronger than the T2's???

TC426EX
05-15-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by jetmec2k
are the renthals stronger than the T2's???

They both are great bars, but I think the renthals ARE a bit stronger than the tags. I also bent my steering stem without bending my renthals, but then again that was the weak stock one and not my sick arens one I got now. Go with the renthals and get the CR-Hi bend. You will have so much better control with the wider and flatter bar over the swept back stock rise.

-Paul
-TC426EX w/ everything
-check it out on douggust.com...

jetmec2k
05-15-2004, 04:14 PM
ive been at the renthal site abot 10 times,ive looked in the quad bars and the motocross bars and have not seen "cr-hi bend" bars but i have seen the four trax and 400ex specific application bars where would i find these "hi bends" that everyone is raving about??and ive been at nacs racing for parts also>......any help would be nice thanks........the reason im talking about bars is i wrecked and bent the bars and maybee the stem also..hardly noticeable but since im a (aircraft)mechanic and im sorta a perfectionist i noticed the top mount area might be bent im new to the world of sport atving.. so please excuse the silly questions

04'400ex'er
05-15-2004, 07:54 PM
The renthals are prob. a little stronger than the T2's. I recked my KX125 at about 45-50 end over end for about 65ft. and didn't bend my new renthals. Needless to say I broke both wrists. Dennis Kirk has the CR High Bends in the catalog. Check out their website.

04'400ex'er
05-15-2004, 07:56 PM
The renthals are prob. a little stronger than the T2's. I recked my KX125 at about 45-50 end over end for about 65ft. and didn't bend my new renthals. Needless to say I broke both wrists.Dennis Kirk has the CR High Bends in the catalog. Check out their website. :rolleyes:

TC426EX
05-15-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by jetmec2k
where would i find these "hi bends" that everyone is raving about??and ive been at nacs racing for parts also>......any help would be nice thanks........

you can get them off of ebay, rocky mountain or basically ANY dealer. The CR-HI bend bars are dirt bike bars for CR or CRF style dirt bikes but they have long been used by quad riders due to the superior handling characteristics. They give WAY more stable handling characteristics as they are flatter and more straight accross instead of swept back like the stock 400ex bars. I guarantee any dealer you talk to will know what you are talking about. I got mine from NAC'S so call them up and tell them you are interested in CR-HI bend bars (more companies besides renthal makes them) and they can get them for you if they dont have them. I am telling you, a change to the renthal CR-HI bend bars and you will NEVER use the stock TRX bend again guaranteed. There is a reason everyone raves about them and that is because they are tops!!

-Paul
-TC426EX w/ everything
-check it out a douggust.com

04'400ex'er
05-15-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
you can get them off of ebay, rocky mountain or basically ANY dealer. The CR-HI bend bars are dirt bike bars for CR or CRF style dirt bikes but they have long been used by quad riders due to the superior handling characteristics. They give WAY more stable handling characteristics as they are flatter and more straight accross instead of swept back like the stock 400ex bars. I guarantee any dealer you talk to will know what you are talking about. I got mine from NAC'S so call them up and tell them you are interested in CR-HI bend bars (more companies besides renthal makes them) and they can get them for you if they dont have them. I am telling you, a change to the renthal CR-HI bend bars and you will NEVER use the stock TRX bend again guaranteed. There is a reason everyone raves about them and that is because they are tops!!

-Paul
-TC426EX w/ everything
-check it out a douggust.com
You don't have to type your signature at the end of every message. Go into your profile and enter what yo've been typing into the signature box.

jetmec2k
05-16-2004, 06:54 AM
Thanks!!

TC426EX
05-16-2004, 09:39 AM
'04400EXER, thanks man, I knew that, I just dont know how to get to my profile. I mean I can view it at the end of my posts and all but I dont know how to get to it to edit it. I rushed through the registration process and didnt load a sig when I first signed up but I have been trying to get to it to edit it since!! If you know how, let me know!

-Paul
TC426EX w/ everything
-check it out on douggust.com!
-when in doubt GAS IT!!!!!!

04'400ex'er
05-16-2004, 11:05 AM
Look at the top of the screen under EX Riders where it says user cp. Click it and scrool down till you see the signature box. Enter it!

TC426EX
05-16-2004, 01:04 PM
THANKS MAN