PDA

View Full Version : AC Bumper - A litle disappointed

promisc
05-14-2004, 10:21 AM
(1st, sorry my english is bad)

I just received my brand new AC Bumper from someone on eBay(still wrapped in its original package). And im a litle disappointed because its scratchy and there is 2 welding burns on the top of it, its like 2 1/8 inches diameter black holes. That sucks.. its visible. I just ordered from ebay because those ACs i saw at my local dealer was also scratchy and ugly welded (and more expensive). My local dealer received those bumbers unwraped in a big box and he said.. your right.. they are scratchy and i will not be able to sell them.. I decided to order from ebay to get one wraped and in good shape. Mistake, same ****, even worse! It seems that AC doesnt care about quality at all.. there is scratches everywhere.. vice grip marks :eek2: etc + those 2 welding burns(ill post pics later).. They made it and they ship, no matter how its looks... no inspection. No quality control. Ill need to repolish it :mad:

Anyone of you had same problem with AC products ?

04'400ex'er
05-14-2004, 11:53 AM
I ordered my AC bumper on clearance from NACS Racing for $54.
The posts that mount to the frame were sticking out of the box in two places and the box was all bent up but that was NACS prob.
The metal was a little blimished in places, but nothing that some polish wouldent fix. The mounting was a little rough, I had to force it a little to get the bolt in, but other than that, the welds and everything were alright. I love the looks of my bumper and wouldent have anything else. I bet the burns are where the owner tried to stick weld somethig like lights in and burnt a hole in it. They prob didnt know they needed a mig and gas. So i dont think thats from AC.

redroost85
05-14-2004, 03:21 PM
Come on bud, don't you know that AC stands for Alter and Cut Racing, lol!:D

Every AC part I have ever owned needed some tweaking to get it to fit/line-up, etc...just the nature of the business I guess. Wouldn't it be nice if every ordered part just bolted right up.....ahhhh, but that would take all the fun out of installation, lol!:devil:

05-14-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by redroost85
Come on bud, don't you know that AC stands for Alter and Cut Racing, lol!:D

Every AC part I have ever owned needed some tweaking to get it to fit/line-up, etc...just the nature of the business I guess. Wouldn't it be nice if every ordered part just bolted right up.....ahhhh, but that would take all the fun out of installation, lol!:devil:

aint that the truth:p :rolleyes:

quadjeff
05-14-2004, 04:21 PM
AC stinks... Try PRM products...

04'400ex'er
05-14-2004, 04:28 PM
I'm really happy about my bumper and wouldent trade it!

toby400ex
05-14-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by quadjeff
AC stinks... Try PRM products... Fo sho

ghak99
05-14-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by quadjeff
AC stinks... Try PRM products...

I have ac nerfs, but I bought them used so they already had a few scratches. They have taken the beating I have thrown at them respectfully, and if I ever need another set I would probably buy ac again.

I just bought a new PRM desert grab bar.....costly, but was perfect in every way, finish, welds, and absolutely bolted right up with no trouble and fit perfect. I will be buying a new bumper from them shortly.

David
05-14-2004, 10:51 PM
I got a Black Tag Bumper for my 400ex off of Ebay, and saved $50cdn over buying it through the dealer. Its a lot wider than the stock. I really happy with my buy. Tag Metals (http://tagmetals.cc/atv/05atv_bumpers.html)

rollie
05-15-2004, 06:39 PM
AC is the best...IMO

just DONT buy DG!!:o

hondarider2006
05-16-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by nacsracer12
AC is the best...IMO

just DONT buy DG!!:o

:)

Tommy 17
05-16-2004, 02:52 PM
prime example of ACs fit... i've used hammers, etc... i can't get the bolt hole to line up:o

ex kid
05-16-2004, 03:34 PM
i have two of their bumpers and some skids and everything looked clean when it was new and bolted up just fine.

promisc
05-16-2004, 06:57 PM
When i started this thread, the bumper wasnt installed yet on my bike, now it is, the bolts hole fits ok but ill need some spacers because there is like 1/4 clearance each side between the bumper and the frame. And after one ride, there is already spots and chips off. I think it will go to garbage after the season! it seems that the alluminum is way to soft. The composition of my DG alloy nerf is way better, after 2 years, theres is only few scratchs but nothing more, next bumper will be a DG.

ewalker302
05-16-2004, 08:52 PM
I got my ac mudscreen off e-bay. The holes didnt line up perfect, but it fit just fine.

It's performed perfectly for the last two years. I've hit all kind of stuff & havent seen any indication of the aluminum used in the bumper to be soft or any chipping in the finish.

:bandit:

ghak99
05-16-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by promisc
When i started this thread, the bumper wasnt installed yet on my bike, now it is, the bolts hole fits ok but ill need some spacers because there is like 1/4 clearance each side between the bumper and the frame. And after one ride, there is already spots and chips off. I think it will go to garbage after the season! it seems that the alluminum is way to soft. The composition of my DG alloy nerf is way better, after 2 years, theres is only few scratchs but nothing more, next bumper will be a DG.

I have a DG bumper, and I hate it. All you have to do it get close to a tree and the wind off of it bends it!!!! It has chips and scratches all over it. I will not own another!

My .02

sickmojave
05-17-2004, 06:55 AM
I have a AC bumper and no complaints. looks good and fit good.;)

04'400ex'er
05-17-2004, 12:33 PM
Rocks nick the aluminum on my bumper, the holes didnt align perfictly, but ok. DG BLOWS. Plus, everyone owns their bumpers.

TheRedRebel17
05-22-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
prime example of ACs fit... i've used hammers, etc... i can't get the bolt hole to line up:o
Thats when a tie strap and a tree comes in handy.....:eek:

roostin_dale
05-22-2004, 02:34 PM
I have an AC on my dale. It came nicely polished and didn't fit good, had to bend it.

Every bumper i have ever bought NEVER lined up right. I've bought at least 5 bumpers in the past from 3 companies, none of them fit.

Quadworks
05-22-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by TheRedRebel17
Thats when a tie strap and a tree comes in handy.....:eek:

No get a scissor jack out of a small car. It fits in small places and you should be able to get everything lined up 1 hole at a time. My TAG bumper I bought new even didn't line up right. That what every aftermarket bumper fits like I think.

KASCHAK
05-29-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by ghak99
I have ac nerfs, but I bought them used so they already had a few scratches. They have taken the beating I have thrown at them respectfully, and if I ever need another set I would probably buy ac again.

I just bought a new PRM desert grab bar.....costly, but was perfect in every way, finish, welds, and absolutely bolted right up with no trouble and fit perfect. I will be buying a new bumper from them shortly.

i bought ac nerfs off of 416exmx and they were in perfect condtion

bolted right up.. everthing lined up and all i had to do was drill my foot pegs

guess those nerfs were "chosen" not go give problems and i was luckly

KASCHAK
05-29-2004, 03:39 PM
but the foot guards.... phew.. thats another story.. still didnt put them on

TCracin440ex
05-30-2004, 02:47 PM
i have ac pro peg nerfs, and an ac front bumper...ive bought 2 of the ac front bumpers...i hit a tree with the first 1 going pretty fast and all it did was bend the mounts didnt do anything to the bumper itself...so i bought a 2nd bumper and i aint had no trouble with ac products what so ever....i love my ac pro pegs.....not 1 problem what so ever....ac are good products...and thats all id own....im not so sure about dg's new pro pegs...or dg's new ac stadium bumper rip off...but seems to me that every 1 is copying ac

user101
05-31-2004, 02:01 PM
my AC stadium bumper didnt fit when i go it. i had to spread out the top and bottom mounts and drill out the bolt holes. the number plate mounts arent evenly spaced either so my number plate is shifted over to one side about 1/4inch. But it has held up well to trees and other quads. IMO AC sucks and this will be the last bumper i buy from them my next one will PRM

Cody_300ex
05-31-2004, 10:18 PM
Anybody that says DG bumpers suck need her what i've hit -with mine, I have hit a concrete crub and i will get pics of the chunk of concrete it took out, cliped numeruos trees fliped it end over end before and it is just bearley tweaked, Still fits fine too.

HiZ
06-01-2004, 09:32 AM
I have AC proPegs/Oldstyle!'
New style sucks!
AC bumper on my 400 and all is well.
400 propegs have seen abuse and they keep on tickin!
For what you pay I think that it's some good stuff!
No complaints from me!
but that 's me If I really wanted something to complain about I guess that I could complain about the way the bolted to my R I king of made my own mount kit that was a little stronger!

TCracin440ex
06-01-2004, 01:00 PM
yes i have the old style too with the optional heel guards....and the wide pegs....boy i love them...i looked at the new style and i was like yuck....them heel guards made on them are the uglies things...thats just something else to catch mud while racing...if i had to get the new pro pegs imma take them to the shed and get the cut off wheel and cut the heel guards off the back and grind the rest off that the cut off wheel cant get....but right now im perfectly happy with my older nerfs

HiZ
06-01-2004, 03:51 PM
I just read my reply and I sounded a little drunk!
Guess that's what work will do to you.