PDA

View Full Version : Riding club acts questionable

sickmojave
05-14-2004, 10:07 AM
I recently joined a riding club in my area. the club is fairly new and only has about 25 members. well they always have little give-a-ways like helmets and grips and stuff like that. about a month ago the president of the club claims that he has talked a cycle shop in to donating a 98 warrior and a 99 4ooex to be given away at the next meeting. this is the emails that were sent to members.

Ultimate door peizes to be given away at the May meeting!!

After 3-4weeks of negotations I am happy to say we have had 2 of the
ultimate door prizes donated to our club. *** Motorsports from the
tiny hamlet of Namgiles,Mo. (about 20 miles west of Eagle Rock)
located on the Mo./Ar. stateline have donated a 1998 Yamaha Warrior
and a 1999 Honda 400EX. These quads are used but in real good shape.
They will be given away at our May 13th meeting. SO this is a meeting
you don't want to miss....It only gets better,,,,,Thanks,*****

FRESH HOT BROWNIES!!!!!!
Just wanted to let everone know about the meeting this Thurs. night
at 7pm at the ****** Public Library.

Points of discussion:

Minutes of previous meeting (****)
Welcome new prospective members
past rides
Safety Topic (******)
Special awards!!!!!!
Discuss up coming rides and activities
**Mill Creek May 15th
**Appilachia Bay May 31st

Open for discussion

And last but now least

Drawing for door prizes (Just a few)
Gift certificate
Helmet
Fuel catch rag
Handle bar grips
Others

And drawing for a 1998 Yamaha Warrior & 1999 Honda 400EX

Now that is a reason to be there....Thanks ***** ******* Pres.

At the beginning of the meeting he said it again " we will be giving away a 98 warrior and a 99 400ex. well the meeting went fine till the give away time. when it was time to give away the quads they called the 2 winning numbers. when the winners got up front, they were each given a small gift wrapped box that he claimed had the keys in them. but when the boxes were opened they each had a small matchbox quad in them.(no it wasn't a 400ex or the warrior) well he just laughed it off and said it was a big joke. It was no joke to the winners or anyone else that was there. most of us were a little pissed to say the least. but what I would like to know is. can the club be sued for the quads? as a member of an unincorporated club would the rest of the members be liable for his actions?

Thanks

LTandRaptorider
05-14-2004, 10:14 AM
At that point, I'd hope I was the one to win a helmet... and clock the pres of the club over the head with it. Then I'd find it funny.;) :devil:

Ignorant fugger, I would no longer me a member at that club!

Doibugu2
05-14-2004, 10:23 AM
I believe that the saying goes if it sounds to hard to believe then it probably is.

Of course what the guy did doesn't sound very nice especially since it seems like the club is rather new.

How can you trust the Pres if he does something like that to his members.

JOEX
05-14-2004, 10:23 PM
It sounds like a sad attempt to gain members and increase meeting attendence. I don't know about any legal actions but at least everyone should drop out of the club and blackball the dumbchit from any other club.

SmokinEX
05-14-2004, 10:30 PM
[i]

Ignorant fugger, I would no longer me a member at that club! [/B]
same here
I can't see how he would find it funny ? that would only discourage it ppl to join and incourage them to leave

ghak99
05-14-2004, 11:01 PM
Break his nose and see if he laughs at that!:grr:

Quad18star
05-14-2004, 11:36 PM
Anyone remember the Hooters girl that sued Hooters cuz they were givign away a Toyota?? It was to be given to the Hooter girl that made the most sales that month . Well they led the girl that won into the parking lots blindfolded and when they took the blindfold off there was a Toy Yoda ( star wars lil dude) .... Needless to say she sued the company and won . This may answer your questions .....

derekhonda
05-15-2004, 12:25 AM
no offense, but honestly, to ask if this is grounds to sue someone is very rediculous. Sure, i know it must suck for whomever thought for 2 minutes that they had just won a quad, but you know what, they didnt lose anything. People are so sue happy anymore it makes me sick.

Maybe if he had sold raffle tickets, like say $20 bucks a piece for a ticket for the quad and then handed out the cheesy matchbox quad, maybe then you "could" sue for your money back but jesus, you didnt lose anything, so quit trying to gain something at someone elses expense.

Todd
05-15-2004, 01:10 AM
I agree with derek , people are to sue happy , do you really think a new club could get someone to GIVE them 5,000.00 or more dollars worth of quads to just give away? Just laugh it off with everyone else ( which was probably everyone in the club!) that attended. Unless like was stated before there was money involved (RAFFEL) . If money was involved then be pissed , and then seek legal advise , otherwise let it go as a good joke.
Todd

sickmojave
05-15-2004, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Todd
I agree with derek , people are to sue happy , do you really think a new club could get someone to GIVE them 5,000.00 or more dollars worth of quads to just give away? Just laugh it off with everyone else ( which was probably everyone in the club!) that attended. Unless like was stated before there was money involved (RAFFEL) . If money was involved then be pissed , and then seek legal advise , otherwise let it go as a good joke.
Todd

I think you got me all wrong. I would not sue for this. if you read my post I was asking. Could the members of an unincorporated club be held responsible if someone did sue? I personally can not afford to be sued. oh and BTW NOBODY was laughing other than the pres of the club. I was sitting right behind one of the winners and from the look on his face I fear legal action was on HIS mind. He was MAD.

xr50layke
05-15-2004, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
there was a Toy Yoda ( star wars lil dude)

thats actually pretty funny to me lol, i didnt get it at first, but still, id be pissed :mad:

derekhonda
05-15-2004, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by sickmojave
I think you got me all wrong. I would not sue for this. if you read my post I was asking. Could the members of an unincorporated club be held responsible if someone did sue? I personally can not afford to be sued. oh and BTW NOBODY was laughing other than the pres of the club. I was sitting right behind one of the winners and from the look on his face I fear legal action was on HIS mind. He was MAD.

I do not know the law personally, but my guess is, if this was a surprise to you as well as everyone else in the club (meaning, you all thought the quads were going to be real) and you had nothing to do with it, no, you could not be touched by the legal system.

LTandRaptorider
05-15-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Todd
Todd

Even though I have a bit of a... sick sense of humor, I don't see the humor in this. No, it wasn't funny. At the very least, it would be nice to hear all the members dropped out. See if the a-hole pres is laughing when he has no club. It isn't something worth suing over, hopefully you don't have to worry about that. But nowadays, who knows?

RH1N08d9
05-15-2004, 10:38 PM
everybody just needs to drop out of that club, and kick the pres. in the balls, or chuck matchbox quads at him!

SGA
05-16-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Even though I have a bit of a... sick sense of humor, I don't see the humor in this. No, it wasn't funny. At the very least, it would be nice to hear all the members dropped out. See if the a-hole pres is laughing when he has no club.
Ditto:o

DangerousDean
05-16-2004, 01:22 AM
HAHAHAHHA

your all losers.... you need to get a sense of humor. seriously, thats hilarious
haha

SGA
05-16-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by DangerousDean
HAHAHAHHA

your all losers.... you need to get a sense of humor. seriously, thats hilarious
haha
I'd like to hear your tune if you were chosen the winner and they gave you a toy:o

Ralph
05-16-2004, 05:47 PM
but were they realy nice toys

Todd
05-16-2004, 09:40 PM
It still has not been stated if money was given for tickets for the drawings, but since no mention of money, i assume none was involved. I still say a club with only 25 members , giving away a helment, grips,shop rags and others as stated is a pretty good give away.
Hell ! ED MCMan(sp) has sent me letters saying i won a million dollars. I even bought some of the da@# magazines!:p No million dollars yet but oh well.
I dont know maybe you should be mad, but i do have to tip my hat to a club that has a saftey segment in club meetings.
Todd

4punksdad
05-20-2004, 09:00 PM
the question is.........................do you enjoy riding with this club? If not, leave. If you do, deal with the members and elected officers. Not everyone finds the same stuff funny.

I agree that its a sad joke, but it isn't worth loosing a group of riding buddies over.