PDA

View Full Version : banshee,raptor,400ex or cannondale

Z-King
03-19-2002, 08:46 PM
witch would you guys rather have out of the list

rob-u/21
03-19-2002, 08:49 PM
i would rather have a canondale 440, without a doubt!

Z-King
03-19-2002, 08:56 PM
i think i would want the raptor

VegasEx'r
03-19-2002, 11:42 PM
I would have to ride the c-dale to make a final decision, but it would be between the ex or the cannondale

PsychoDave
03-20-2002, 06:58 AM
C-DALE PERIOD!

MadcapEX
03-20-2002, 07:18 AM
I wonder what all these folks who say cannondale are going to be saying in a year when they are having problems. Nobody misses a chance to slam a raptor for a minor glitch,I am sure the c-dales will have their share.

330Man
03-20-2002, 07:54 AM
I would take the Cannondale

ChadEXer
03-20-2002, 08:22 AM
i would be riding a Honda if the biggest bike they made was a 50. then i would just throw in a 105 big bore and still smoke those craptors and cdales:D

Blysster
03-20-2002, 08:45 AM
I'm a die hard honda fan too but let's face it.. they are falling behind fast in this sport when it comes to power.

Unless Honda comes out with something new soon, my next bike will probably be a DS baja, it's not on the list but ya know..

I would also consider a c-dale.. i just wish i could try one.

Kadafiy
03-20-2002, 08:57 AM
I was looking at the c-dales when selling my lt250r, and then I heard about all the recalls. With the nearst dealer an hour and a half away I figured I didn't want to drive that much. Plus droppin the engine to change the valves!!! I bought a 00 400ex and with the money I saved over the c-dale I can build it to be better then a c-dale. I say I would take the low tech underpowered ex any day.

Sparky416ex
03-20-2002, 01:59 PM
I rode the cannondale at the badlands. IT WAS BAD. had twice the power of my 400 but that was before i built it. It still wouldnt come close. It was kinda like 400 handling. It had PEP shocks on it, and i dont care what anyone says they suck! I would want both a 400ex and a cannondale. The cannondale is light metnance( however you spell it). Cannondale handeled there first glitches great. They took back all the bikes and fixed them. YOu dont see yamyaw or honda doin that. but i would never give up my 416ex. but i would bye the cannondale new. You have to spend over a grand just to get the 400 where you want it. The cannondale is already there!!!

yellowrider
03-20-2002, 06:54 PM
cannodale yes see .... why they have so much power... water cooled 12-1 piston ratio or soemthing like that i think i dont remember .. and fuel injection STILL NO DARN REVERSE

400ex -- geared a little bit to hi maybe if you geared it down it will run with a can i am not for sure casue i never seen one up close.. or rode with a 400ex with a 14tooth sproket but i heard its better .... (i am not for sure )
also i think the piston ratio is like 9-1 ?? with a regular old carburater...

i think you just spend the extra cash on the honda you could get the same high comprassion piston and a better carb. or a fuel injector i dont think they make one though.. and a biggger oil cooler and i bet that thing will stay right behind the canandale ...

yet i am not for sure i am just thinking out loud

i like this post so keep the replys coming please.. this is interesting when you are bored

yellowrider
03-20-2002, 07:06 PM
i love the banshee but i rather have mine right now ..
the raptor is ok in a straight line but through a curv or a pump the 400ex will leave it

300EX-Man
03-20-2002, 07:23 PM
I agree with Sparky 416. those C- Dales are sweet. Hate to break it to you Yellowrider;) , but you will have to completely build a 400ex to even be competetive with the C-dales. they come with ohlins all the way around and are the fastest quads on the market. Espeacially in accelartion, they will tear the most modified mx quads apart.

Don't get me wrong i love the 400ex, which would be a close 2nd. In dirt wheels test they took all those quads out on the track and the fastest lap on the C-Dale was like 1:06 and the 400ex was like 1:07. or somethin it was very close.

yellowrider
03-20-2002, 07:57 PM
ohh :( opps they way people where talking the 400ex was close to it?? maybe i was wrong.... appartly so...

so the 400ex is second on mx track

and 2nd in the woods casue the raprtor has reverse

and when that suz comes out i am thinking that i lost a lot of money on my 400ex cause i heard prices where going to drop..

what would a stock bore 11to 1 high comprasion piston and a drop end cam do for a 400ex compared to the bigger machines will they still be more reliable ?

honda350r
03-21-2002, 12:07 AM
Get the honda!! Go ride a Raptor,they are really tall and short and feel like crap, heavy and ugly and it is a Yamaha ! Jim

beerock
03-21-2002, 12:26 AM
you know I would end up here...........

250R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there are now 3 canondales at my honda dealer(they are a dealer now)

they have two canibles and one moto.

there both sweet.

I dont like the ergonomics of the cannondale.

I never rode one yet , so I really cant judge

I think I would buy the new honda.
I dont think I would buy the cdale. Until I could compare it to hondas new quad, however long that takes.

My R will do just fine for now.......

I would take a R over a canondale.......

Kadafiy
03-21-2002, 07:43 AM
I think the new Suzuki will give everyone a challenge even the C-dales. Plus after it comes out C-dale will have a hard time pushin quads that cost from 7-12 g's. I don't know how many quads they can sell at close to 12 thousand to justify the costs of producing them.

oynot400
03-21-2002, 10:25 AM
I know several people with the c-dale's now and they all love them. It is not just the quad, it is the service that Cannondale is backing it with. Every little thing that may go wrong with it Cannondale is on top of it. This to me is VERY IMPRESSIVE! Yamaha did nothing to fix any of the problems with the first Raptors, they just waited until the next modle year to correct it.
Don't get me wrong I love my 440 :D but if something happened to it and I had to buy a new one I would look pretty hard at the C-dale. It will be curious to see what this new Zukie will be like and of course Honda. I am getting tired of waiting for Honda. So I sure hope it is worth the wait. :devil

Sparky416ex
03-21-2002, 01:55 PM
well guys i would never have a shee they suck Unless all you do is go straight. On concrete cuz they spin so much!! Well if the new honda came out i would buy it over a cannondale. Cuz i love honda. but right now i would proly just want both. Screw yamaha they havent impressed me at all. C-dales service is awesome. But you still cant beat a honda (all around). To cannondale they proly think there 12 and 14 grand quads are cheap!! **** there freckin mountain bikes are over a thousand dollaz. lol. I agree they are a lil high on there prices but you will have to spend that money in the long run anyway. Peace

twisted threads
03-21-2002, 03:03 PM
I will 100% agree with beerock. 250r!!!!

I have rode a Raptor it was fun but i will have fun on a recon if you know what I mean.

I have seen the C-dale run and thay are strong and fast but the motor sounds like a time bomb ready to go BOOM!!!!! lol

Im a honda fan so I will wate for the new Quad from honda and till then I will eat up all of the above with my 250r.

250Xtreame
03-21-2002, 06:15 PM
hey chad exer could u posta pic of your 505 it sounds badd!!

oh and i have to go w/ the c-dale.
thanks

03-25-2002, 11:01 AM
If you are a mechanic and like to fix things buy the c -dale. If you like to ride buy the 400ex. I'm not trying to knock c-dale but, I have raced with them in harescrambles and they always ended up broke. Give Honda a year and then we'll see what the fastest and most reliable machine is! I have friends that ride raptors also and they have lots of problems. It is pretty bad to spend $6500 on a machine and still have to put money into it to make it keep up with a 400ex in the woods. granted they are all faster than 400ex stock but, bottom line is they ain't Honda's.

jay's 400ex
03-29-2002, 12:40 PM
i'm a honda man all the way too and i would also like reverse but i'd say the CDALE would still get my vote here! they r already set up and ready to go! the only thing else u mite wanna do is get her piped! thats what i'd do pri. later, peace~!!:cool:

Jay

jay's 400ex
03-29-2002, 12:44 PM
i still agree w/ quad a1 tho! i've heard bout all taht bad too and i believe honda is the best and will always be teh best for reliablility and i think they will come up wit sumthin soon too~!!

ChadEXer
03-29-2002, 06:01 PM
I dont have it back together yet. I am going to get powdercoating done MON then i will just be waiting to get the motor back from TC. i will post before and after pics!