PDA

View Full Version : Any one else have this problem??

400Riderex
05-14-2004, 08:14 AM
On my 400ex on the frame right near the foot pegs there is wear from rubbing and somtime it will get surface rust. Im just wondering if it is just me or other people have it also.

Aslo what is a good way to get some rust off your fourwheeler.

doozer
05-14-2004, 11:11 AM
strip it completely down sandblast the frame and have it powdercoated, it looks trick and will last along time. or you can scotch brite the rust off and spray-bomb the spots every other ride or so.

04'400ex'er
05-14-2004, 11:39 AM
You could also get the DG frame guards. Then, your foot would rub on them.

KY Woods Rider
05-14-2004, 11:53 AM
I've repainted both sides of my frame several times over the life of my EX. I just went to Auto Zone and found some spray paint that matches pretty well and I prime and paint it whenever it gets bad enough. I wear through the paint again on the first ride though, so I just wait until it gets to be a huge bare spot. When it gets to be a mostly bare frame from top to bottom, I go ahead and clean it off and repaint it.

Normally, after I ride or wash the quad, I just spray a little chain lube or WD40 on a rag and rub it over the bare spots to prevent them from rusting. If I forget and a little rust does develop, I either go ahead and ride and it gets rubbed off then, or I use some 00 steel wool to remove the rust and then do the above mentioned rust prevention.

jjthekj
05-18-2004, 11:51 AM
Maier sells plastic frame gaurds that save your frame, but they'll get scratched up.