PDA

View Full Version : ESR products for 450r??

SEMA
05-13-2004, 08:28 PM
What do you guiys think about the performance products from ESR? Not many people talk about it. Just wondering if they are good enough to buy.
SEMA

Toadz400
05-13-2004, 08:58 PM
I know they make good products for the 250R and I've been seeing more and more 4-stroke products by them, but they are awfully expensive. A slip-on is the price of a full system...:huh . No clue whether or not they are good with 4-strokes too...I would imagine so though.

lilredridenwood
05-13-2004, 11:00 PM
If the stuff for a 450R is anything like what they have done for the 250R it is worth the money!!!

SEMA
05-14-2004, 02:48 PM
I've gotten the same expression from other ppl also about ESR products being worth the money. I dont think the price is bad at all..... A full system for the R is about $550. Better than HMF, WB, Pro-circuit, FMF. They have good looks and performance. They may not be better than yoshi, With the extra $275 that i save from buying a Yoshi i can get other stuff. Get my point?
SEMA

quadjeff
05-14-2004, 03:37 PM
I have a buddy who just put the pipe on his 450. Here are a couple of things he told me.

-Fit was ok.. Not great. Fit was tight from header to the cylinder
-The finish on the pipe looks good
-It is loud, similar to sparks pipe

He is a sponsored rider so he either got it for free or pretty cheap. So how do you go wrong I guess.

Myself I just put a series 4 Titanium FMF complete system on mine and it rips, but also I got it for free..

Anyone doing a pipe test in the future?? That would be great.
I run ESR on my 250R and the stuff is great. My 2cents...

twisted threads
05-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by lilredridenwood
If the stuff for a 450R is anything like what they have done for the 250R it is worth the money!!!

I agree! my 250r is a full ESR bike and I love there quality and there service but there prices are a little hi when it come to the 4 strokes. Im sure that the ESR pipe will be great but I will probley go with the Yoshi full system when I pick up my trx450r. My little brother has the LRD fullsystem and I love that pipe, it pulls hard from top to bottom. The only reason im not going with the LRD is because I want to try something different so we can see which one is better. Another of our friends has the HMF full system, so we will beable to do a mini pipe shoot out and see which one is better.

sparky450AR
05-14-2004, 05:25 PM
i like esr's fully stepped header...people say the small header is what gives torque....the header is small in the front but large in the rear where the biggest "step" is.

joe1l
05-15-2004, 11:40 PM
i like esr's fully stepped header...people say the small header is what gives torque....the header is small in the front but large in the rear where the biggest "step" is.

HMF's pipe does the same exact thing. I think ESR products are OK, but I've had issues with them in the past with stuff for my 250R, so I can't see spending an extra $100 for one of their pipes just yet, especially since they were mostly a 2 stroke shop, untill recently. The one thing that I can say about ESR is that thier billet stuff is always sweet and very good quality.

sparky450AR
05-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by joe1l
HMF's pipe does the same exact thing. I think ESR products are OK, but I've had issues with them in the past with stuff for my 250R, so I can't see spending an extra $100 for one of their pipes just yet, especially since they were mostly a 2 stroke shop, untill recently. The one thing that I can say about ESR is that thier billet stuff is always sweet and very good quality.

Yeah, i think HMF's only steps once...ESR's steps 3 or 4 times. I have no clue if there is any big advantage.

twisted threads
05-17-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by sparky450AR
Yeah, i think HMF's only steps once...ESR's steps 3 or 4 times. I have no clue if there is any big advantage.

It would be cool if we could get a pipe shoot out between all the different pipes and there dyno # with and with out the HRC cam.:cool: