PDA

View Full Version : wisconsin

thevinny
05-13-2004, 08:09 PM
hey is anyone here from around cornell it's about 45min north of eau claire?
thanks

vinny t

flyin#5
05-13-2004, 08:43 PM
Osceola, about an hour west of eau claire (right on the mn border)

Shawn H
05-13-2004, 09:04 PM
Hudson
55miles east of eau claire

There is wheeler Mx park, arkansaw mx park, numerous trail systems around osseo and eau claire

RedWingRider
05-14-2004, 09:35 AM
I live in RedWing, MN just across the river, its a little bit of a drive but there is plenty of tracks over here

Toadz400
05-15-2004, 04:59 PM
New Richmond/Star Prairie, Wisconsin. Close to Osceola and I ride with flyin#5.

You're about 30-45 minutes from me. Send me or flyin#5 a PM sometime and we'll go riding one of these weekends, just tell me and I can take work off.

mxgirl
05-31-2004, 04:10 PM
Have any of you guys ridden at these places?

Wheeler MX (Wheeler)
Hidden Valley (Ettrick)
CMJ Raceway (Hixton)
Arkansaw Creek (Arkansaw)
Rapid Angels (Wisconsin Rapids)
Sprots Comp (Denmark)
Gravity Park (Chilton)

If so, what can you tell me about each of them. I'm planning a trip up there in July and I would like to check these places out.

Thanks!

Toadz400
05-31-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by mxgirl
Have any of you guys ridden at these places?

Wheeler MX (Wheeler)
Hidden Valley (Ettrick)
CMJ Raceway (Hixton)
Arkansaw Creek (Arkansaw)
Rapid Angels (Wisconsin Rapids)
Sprots Comp (Denmark)
Gravity Park (Chilton)

If so, what can you tell me about each of them. I'm planning a trip up there in July and I would like to check these places out.

Thanks!

I've been to Arkansaw Creek and watched a friend race a harescramble, the track seemed to be pretty nice, didn't seem like a very good MX track though? Too small...

How old are you? If you are in the area (Mid-West Wisconsin, right across from the Twin Cities) we'll have to get together and go riding sometime, we're always in need of more people to ride with up here in Wisconsin...too many drunk hicks.

440's necessary
05-31-2004, 08:49 PM
Hey lady, you just about hit every good spot up here?

Do you know anyone up here, family perhaps. I race on all those tracks. go to www.wisconsinquadracing.com they have it all. Maybe you can coordinate to race in our quad series?

good luck. if you need any more info, pm me.

smiley

mxgirl
05-31-2004, 09:11 PM
Toadz400 - Thanks for the info on the mx track being small. That's a bummer, we ride mx all the time down here in AZ and it's one of the biggest things we look for when we're visiting places.

Smiley - Thanks for the web link, we're going to check it out. No, we don't have family up there. We are going to be moving up there as soon as our house in AZ sells. We're building a couple of Sportsman Single Buggies to race in the CORR series (www.corracing.com) and we want to make sure that there are good tracks to ride our quads at too before we make the big commitment. We found Gravity Park last Nov when we came up for a Packers game and we were just up there again looking at houses earlier this month (we flew up, but we had to drive by to see if anybody was riding).

We found on the internet that some tracks have membership fees? What can you tell us about that? Down here, there are 5 tracks in the Phoenix area and they just charge $20 a day for practice days.

Bergy
06-01-2004, 05:35 AM
I agree with 440's necessary. Pretty much every track you listed are the good ones. The quad series is taking off well. The opening weekend had over 200 entries at Arkansaw ( an awesome facility). A good friend of mine who races the WI series and as many Nationals as he can afford has a father and brother who both race the CORR series.

If you decided on living in the Green Bay or Fox Valley area a membership at Gravity Park is almost a must. I can't remember what it costs but it lets you practice every Wed. ( weather permitting) from 1-9 and select weekends on practice days. www.fantasymoto.com for info. Also North of GB near where I live is Pine Ridge raceway.
http://www.pineridgeraceway.com/index.htm
I believe they charge like $30 to be a member than it's only like $10 every time after that to practice. Or become a full member for $185 a year and practice every Saturday and Sunday that you want. ( except for 4 race weekeneds a year). Also feel free to PM me with any questions.

mxgirl
06-01-2004, 07:02 AM
Thanks for all the info!!!! You guys are great.
We've looked at the fantasymoto.com web site and I think we've found info on Pine Ridge Raceway too, but we'll check them out again.

Hey Bergy - You are the guys that race CORR? Did they make it to Dresser for rounds 1 & 2 this past weekend? We'll both be racing in the Sportsman Single Buggy class... I'm 319 (19 is also my quad #) and my husband is 334. We can't wait to get there!!!

Shawn H
06-01-2004, 09:30 AM
I have ridden at Wheeler MX park,and raced at Arkansaw.I ride at Arkansaw almost every weekend when I'm not racing.

Arkansaw is like $150 or so for a membership and you can ride when ever you want as much as you want.Or pay the 10bucks everytime you go.

Bergy
06-01-2004, 08:39 PM
mxgirl: I don't race CORR but my friends family does. I will probably only make it to Crandon Labor Day weekend. Every other CORR race conflicts with my hectic schedule. They went to Dresser but the races got canceled due to the storms.

Toadz400
06-01-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by snowgasm
I have ridden at Wheeler MX park,and raced at Arkansaw.I ride at Arkansaw almost every weekend when I'm not racing.

Arkansaw is like $150 or so for a membership and you can ride when ever you want as much as you want.Or pay the 10bucks everytime you go.

Did they change the Arkansaw MX track from last year? Or do they even have MX races there? During the harescrambles I noticed the MX part of it was very small...and it didn't seem like a full-race could be held on it. I don't know if they added onto it or somehow changed it from last spring.

spliffy
06-03-2004, 12:16 PM
Its always been a nice sized mx track.. its a mile & a quarter long.

Toadz400
06-03-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by spliffy
Its always been a nice sized mx track.. its a mile & a quarter long.

Hmm...I guess I wasn't looking at it right or maybe my glasses just needed to be another inch thicker:eek2:

jokerman_28
06-03-2004, 09:30 PM
anyone been up in price county?

Shawn H
06-04-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Did they change the Arkansaw MX track from last year? Or do they even have MX races there? During the harescrambles I noticed the MX part of it was very small...and it didn't seem like a full-race could be held on it. I don't know if they added onto it or somehow changed it from last spring.

Yea its a nice track but not real wide to be racing quads IMO.
If you went to the harescramble this year that was there the day before they had over 200 quads racing there in the Wi quad series.

mxgirl
06-05-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Bergy
mxgirl: I don't race CORR but my friends family does. I will probably only make it to Crandon Labor Day weekend. Every other CORR race conflicts with my hectic schedule. They went to Dresser but the races got canceled due to the storms.

Bergy -
We fly up to Crandon for Labor Day Weekend every year. Maybe we can hook up for some tips on areas for housing etc. :)