PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices ***everyone Read****

busch light
05-13-2004, 07:41 PM
I don't know if this is absolutely true, but it's postworthy:

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT
PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL
COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER
4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR behind "
DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE
THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY
PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THIS ADMIINSTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT
GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT
THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE
SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE
FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS
SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES
ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE
WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU
KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE
UNITED STATES SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

05-13-2004, 07:55 PM
What are we gonna do if we wanna go riding....i wish this owuld happen....gar prices are just outta control

xr50layke
05-13-2004, 07:57 PM
word.

Bobbs07
05-13-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Overkillkfx400
What are we gonna do if we wanna go riding....i wish this owuld happen....gar prices are just outta control

Buy gas and put it in your gas cans a day or 2 before.

MotoX3
05-13-2004, 08:01 PM
not to be negative or anything.....but i think alot of people will still buy gas...jmo;)

Syrus
05-13-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
not to be negative or anything.....but i think alot of people will still buy gas...jmo;)

great attitude, hope we got more people in the world like you..

busch light
05-13-2004, 08:07 PM
Something needs to be done, I just thought I would pass the email along

MotoX3
05-13-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
great attitude, hope we got more people in the world like you.. yes....i would also like to see gas prices go down....and yes i do think that something like this is a good idea....but i just think the way they are getting the message out(they might be doing it some other way...i should know more before i open my mouth)wont be as succesful as another method(but this is a senseable one)...i guess i should have thought more on the subject before i posted huh......

xr50layke
05-13-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
great attitude, hope we got more people in the world like you..

which is why we need more people with this mind set that if I dont buy gas, my pals wont neither.

why dont you just...not buy gas on the 19th :rolleyes: seems pretty hard eh, i know.

chucked
05-13-2004, 08:15 PM
you cant just say "Dont buy gas on may 19th" it wont work. You have to add: dont drive, ride, cut your grass... on may 19th or whatever because if we dont buy it on may 19th we will buy it on may 18th or may 20th. We will use the same amount of gas no matter what, we'll just buy it on a different day. WONT WORK!!

05-13-2004, 08:16 PM
im gonna fill my tank up the day before....thats whats gonna happen withe evryone...they have to get gas...gas is a necessitie...theres no monopoly with the companies so they could set the prices to whatever they want & no one can do anything

2001400ex
05-13-2004, 08:16 PM
I'll do it. Yet I doubt we will all acheive our goal of that stuff happening to them. I'm still in though. I only buy gas like once a week.

MotoX3
05-13-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by xr50layke
which is why we need more people with this mind set that if I dont buy gas, my pals wont neither.

why dont you just...not buy gas on the 19th :rolleyes: seems pretty hard eh, i know.
I probly wont because I probly wont need it that day....i was just stating an opinion...thats why i said just my opinion....

honda350r
05-13-2004, 08:20 PM
I never buy gas on May 19th !!

Fred55
05-13-2004, 08:20 PM
Just to show them we can will be a big thing.

derekhonda
05-13-2004, 09:06 PM
You guys obviously dont understand economics. Their is no substitute for gasoline, they could charge 10 dollars a gallon, and we would all still have to buy it if we enjoyed having our yard mowed, taking our children to school, or riding our fourwheelers every saturday afternoon. (But we would tone down the use of gas, it is a givin)

If milk prices were $5 a gallon, sure, this idea is perfect, everyone could drink water, coke, orange juice, etc, but no milk, and the prices would fall.

JUSTINcredible
05-13-2004, 09:48 PM
if we didnt buy gas wouldent the prices just go up to make up for the loss??? Like the last guy said, we will have to buy gas no matter what the price is.

derekhonda
05-13-2004, 09:54 PM
yes, it would

440exnacsracer
05-13-2004, 10:00 PM
i prolly wont get gas on may 19, but itll prolly be because i wont need it, guessin ill still have around a 1/4 tank then:D

kamikaze_rzrbak
05-13-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
i prolly wont get gas on may 19, but itll prolly be because i wont need it, guessin ill still have around a 1/4 tank then:D
same here:p

Bretmd94
05-13-2004, 11:31 PM
You guys realise that even with the gas at like 2.30 a gallon for regular; it is still half as much as the rest of the world pays for gas. Europe pays like 3.50 to 4.00 US dollars for a liter. Thats a lot less than a gallon.

What did we go into Iraq for? Oil was supposed to go down.

Cole Trane
05-13-2004, 11:35 PM
I don't know if you guys know this or not, but the people that use the most gas in this country are the people that own the transportation companies i.e. southwest, delta, greyhound, military too, etc. I'm sure it would drop the prices a little, but for how long? A couple of weeks? It's pointless to me. I spend and extra 2 to 3 bucks now on gas everytime I fill up my tank. BIG DEAL!!

MOFO
05-14-2004, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Bretmd94
You guys realise that even with the gas at like 2.30 a gallon for regular; it is still half as much as the rest of the world pays for gas. Europe pays like 3.50 to 4.00 US dollars for a liter. Thats a lot less than a gallon.

What did we go into Iraq for? Oil was supposed to go down.

kinda blows that War for Oil out of the water, eh?

Also I'm sick and tired of people that say we should be paying more for gas because everyone else around the world pays more....thats a bunch of BS! I really suggest people do their homework and actually understand why those country's pay alot more....besides why should we be like everyone else in the world???? I suggest that if people want us to be more like everyone else....such as Europe.... go move to Europe. This is the USA, other country's should strive to be like us IMO, not the other way around!

And to stay on topic, I do alot of driving for my company... if I need gas on May 19th....I'm either going to fill up or one of you guys can pick me up. :devil:

440ex dragger
05-14-2004, 04:33 AM
Just so that everyone knows this. WE DID NOT GO TO WAR FOR OIL. Ok now. We went to war because we wanted to get an evil sadistic ******* out of control of a country. Which we did and people died for it. There is a sign on a local gas station that says. "Blood for Oil" I want to burn that damn sign because people are not getting killed so that we save a couple dollars at the pump.:mad:

MOFO
05-14-2004, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by 440ex dragger
Just so that everyone knows this. WE DID NOT GO TO WAR FOR OIL. Ok now. We went to war because we wanted to get an evil sadistic ******* out of control of a country. Which we did and people died for it. There is a sign on a local gas station that says. "Blood for Oil" I want to burn that damn sign because people are not getting killed so that we save a couple dollars at the pump.:mad:

trust me, I'm with you. When I hear that phrase "we went to war for oil", it tells me how ignorant they really are.

chucked
05-14-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
You guys obviously dont understand economics. Their is no substitute for gasoline, they could charge 10 dollars a gallon, and we would all still have to buy it if we enjoyed having our yard mowed, taking our children to school, or riding our fourwheelers every saturday afternoon. (But we would tone down the use of gas, it is a givin)

If milk prices were $5 a gallon, sure, this idea is perfect, everyone could drink water, coke, orange juice, etc, but no milk, and the prices would fall.

milk is almost $5 a gallon now.

Ryan
05-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Gas prices, foods, and everything else is going up in price. But somehow, were not getting paid anymore then we were at work :( .

spincr4hire
05-14-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
Gas prices, foods, and everything else is going up in price. But somehow, were not getting paid anymore then we were at work :( .

yep, haven't had a pay increase in 2 years, not even a cost of living increase...:rolleyes: :mad:

86350x
05-14-2004, 12:06 PM
I get a cost of living raise every year, but it's gonna have to be a bigger raise next year with these b.s. gas prices.

Most of the time it goes up ten cents in the afternoon on satarday, and it gets raised wensday evening.

440ex dragger
05-14-2004, 12:13 PM
Damn how much is gas there? It is just now 1.80 a gallon for the cheap stuff.

86350x
05-14-2004, 12:30 PM
Gas is 2.03 to 2.09 here. By satarday it's gonna be 2.12:rolleyes:

Ryan
05-14-2004, 12:42 PM
I guess its time to start saving up for them cheap POS electric cars :rolleyes: .

nacs400ex
05-14-2004, 01:59 PM
We have 83 cents a litre around here. Pretty expensive :eek2:

300EXrider02
05-14-2004, 02:04 PM
Seems strange, and not to put anyone down participating, but come on people think realistically....one person on a EXriders.com website tryng to get a message through, having people spread the word through email.....

honestly there just isnt any hope, I could go into NYC, or Hartford and start yelling "dont buy gas may 19th", after I gave my reasoning I would get a simple answer "get a life" or simply put "F-U"

just not going to happen, just not going to work, half of the people dont even have email, and its not the people who all buy the gas, half of the gas purchased is from large companies, everyone needs gas, you just cant say one day not to buy gas....

hey maybe I will participate if I hear Dan Rather on CBS national news telling everyone not to and all companies are boycotting gas one day, until that day, think realistically.....

not starting an argument....

no gas for one day?:huh you all crack me up:D

Puff Daddy
05-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Gas is just like buying Liquid Gold............................

ghak99
05-14-2004, 11:20 PM
If everyone would invest or even donate 10 dollars to the ethanol fuel industry, I would bet fuel prices would drop in the near future. I just don't understand why this industry is not growing much, much faster. Maybe, there is something behind the scenes I do not know about.

Any opinions?

Quad18star
05-14-2004, 11:28 PM
We've almost hit $5 a gallon for the cheap stuff .... this is rediculous ... our government is going to try and start regulating how much they can charge . If our government here in Canada wouldn't tax us on the gas , we'd probably cut the gas price in half . You know how they say theres only 2 things certain in life ... death and taxes ... I'm gunna dd another one to that list .... Death ,Taxes and High gas prices :grr: :mad: :macho

MOFO
05-15-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by 300EXrider02

hey maybe I will participate if I hear Dan Rather on CBS national news telling everyone not to and all companies are boycotting gas one day, until that day, think realistically.....

not starting an argument....

no gas for one day?:huh you all crack me up:D

YOU crack me up if you listen to Dan Rather!!!

diesel-mech
05-16-2004, 12:01 AM
This may be interesting to some of you.
A study was gone by dept. of motor transport.
It was calculated that if every single delivery truck 3/4 ton and up was put out of service the United States would shut down in 10 hours and would take month to recover from the lost revinew after the truck were started up again.

Think about it. Nothing would be delivered, no stocks would be resupplied. no fuels delivered. Thats what needs to happen.

JabberJaw
05-16-2004, 02:24 AM
What I find interesting is that no one mentioned that its a stupid chain letter designed to get all your friends email addresses just because the content sounds worth while.

Tommy 17
05-16-2004, 09:02 AM
when i went to rausch creek yesterday it cost me 60$ in gas with my truck:o

1.99$ a gallon and i had to fell up 1 1/4 times:grr:

SHOCKER
05-16-2004, 09:10 AM
i would be happy if it was 1.99 its 2.20 i cant wait until i get my truck ;)

Samson
05-16-2004, 09:17 AM
Oil prices push my local economy. Buy away!

lilhondagirly
05-16-2004, 11:46 AM
tHERE IS no way in hell that we can get even half of tha U.S to not buy it i mean hello they will all rush to get it 1 or 2 days before so i meanl... you get it?

hond_rider52
05-16-2004, 01:07 PM
this idead wont work as some other people said we'll all just make up for the gas that we would buy on the 19 by buying it on the 18.

anyways how many litres are in a gallon because gas is 92 cents a litre up here. personly i should be paying alot less because theres 2 or 3 major oil feilds in my province